PDA

View Full Version : which tow bar

keithybhoy
10th June 2011, 22:51
ok heres my plan but i need help with the toe bar side of things.
I plan on building a teardrop micro caravan with my dad for the shows as i hate putting up a tent.
I need to know which toe bar to fit to my ZT saloon and if it can be transferd to a 75/ZT tourer at a later date as i plan on getting a diesil tourer as a work horse for me and my dad.
Oh and lastly how much do they roughly cost and are they hard to do yourself.
thanks all :}

RPWC
11th June 2011, 18:59
There are many on the market,Towsure is a good bet,they have a website,I think you can get them for around about £100,that's roughly what I paid for mine a couple of years ago,they are a doddle to fit,remove rear bumper cover,remove bumper itself,fit towbar bracket,then hitch,do electrics.
The only bother you may have is ,you may need to elongate the holes in the chassis rails to match the holes on the towbar bracket.
The saloon and tourer towbars are totally different and not transferable.

eurorover
11th June 2011, 22:36
I would go for witter over towsure. brink were the oe suppliers i think. you will also need a relay bypass kit for the eletrics

keithybhoy
11th June 2011, 23:14
cheers guys,i will post my teardrop build thread in her when get started :)

RPWC
16th June 2011, 18:51
There are many on the market,Towsure is a good bet,they have a website,I think you can get them for around about £100,that's roughly what I paid for mine a couple of years ago,they are a doddle to fit,remove rear bumper cover,remove bumper itself,fit towbar bracket,then hitch,do electrics.
The only bother you may have is ,you may need to elongate the holes in the chassis rails to match the holes on the towbar bracket.
The saloon and tourer towbars are totally different and not transferable.
I forgot to mention,you do not replace the bumper itself,just keepit til you part with the car,as the towing bracket crossbar acts as the bumper instead. As euro said,witter are the main towbar manufacturers in the country,the split chg relay is also easy to fit