PDA

View Full Version : where to place gps antenna?

rizel23
14th June 2011, 22:17
Well new unit from Sean came today, still boxed up but going to fit tomorrow, do i need to place the gps antenna in a pacific place or will anywhere work? thanks

Simondi
15th June 2011, 07:24
I'm not aware of any specific place it has to go. There is a metal bar behind the dashboard which can be seen and reached easily whilst the head unit is out. The magnetic gps receiver sticks to that very well and picks up a signal clearly. just remember to connect the receiver to the head unit. I forgot that and wondered why it did not work. D'oh;)

rizel23
15th June 2011, 07:41
I'm not aware of any specific place it has to go. There is a metal bar behind the dashboard which can be seen and reached easily whilst the head unit is out. The magnetic gps receiver sticks to that very well and picks up a signal clearly. just remember to connect the receiver to the head unit. I forgot that and wondered why it did not work. D'oh;)

lol, thanks i shall remember that!

VVC-Geeza
15th June 2011, 12:49
Same as Simondi suggests,nicely out of sight there ;)

rizel23
15th June 2011, 21:23
Same as Simondi suggests,nicely out of sight there ;)

works a treat! many thanks! Can't get TMC to work so new thread on that :o

HarryM1BYT
15th June 2011, 21:25
As above - works fine on top of the steel bar, but would suggest put it on one side or the other of the sun sensor thingummy which is in the very centre of the dash.