PDA

View Full Version : North West Region reminder ---.. :)

James.uk
17th June 2011, 17:23
The monthly meeting of the North West region is on the 3rd Sunday of every month and held at -- The Hollow Tree" - WA4 4LX Stretton.. At 12 noon.. 2 days time! :D

Hollow tree, come off the M65 at Jctn 10, take the duel carriagway on the South side for 300 yards then turn right into the lane leading to the Pub.)

It is so close to the M56 you can hear the traffic from the car park.. :}

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

J1MBO
17th June 2011, 17:43
Sorry James won't be able to make it as I'll be on a french autoroute between Clermont-Ferrand and Coquelles at the time on our way back to the UK.

James.uk
18th June 2011, 01:30
Awww that's a shame Jim, otherwise we would have been a crowd of two... lmho... :D

kissifer1972
18th June 2011, 08:08
James tis Father's day innit!!

Am afraid I won't be able to make it either, hopefully will make a future event.

firefly
20th June 2011, 11:52
Just wondering whether this meeting actually took place - I was there at 12.25 but after waiting for 15 minutes with no-one else appearing, I returned home.

Firefly

James.uk
20th June 2011, 13:01
Hi Firefly. :} I am very sorry you had a wasted journey, but sadly the meetings are very poorly supported, or not supported at all.. :o

In view of the above, I wont be reminding peeps of the monthly meets at the Hollow Tree again, there seems little or no point in it.. We need to find a more popular venue..

Any ideas anyone??? :shrug: :}

J1MBO
25th June 2011, 08:25
Hi Firefly. :} I am very sorry you had a wasted journey, but sadly the meetings are very poorly supported, or not supported at all.. :o

Ditto from me.

In view of the above, I wont be reminding peeps of the monthly meets at the Hollow Tree again, there seems little or no point in it.. We need to find a more popular venue..

Any ideas anyone??? :shrug: :}

I attended the first one, but since I've not been able to make anymore as they've always clashed with something else.

Tend to agree with finding a more popular venue/venues - the Romper seemed to attract more members but the manager of it sometimes didn't seem to like our presence :shrug:. The other qualm I have are that the use of a single location monthly meeting, especially at a pub, mean that some in the NW area will never attend either because of the distance or not being available on a Sunday lunch, so really we need to find an alternative way a getting a regular meet organised.

James I know you stray into Yorkshire from time to time as I do so with the Midlands and Scottish areas - mind you all of these areas had good meet setups prior to the RS's being appointed - they tend to have meets at events so there's a little more than just talking about MGR's, plus a few local area evening mini-meets and the Midlands nano's.

So I think somebody needs to ask the members in the North West to answer a few questions:-

1) Would you attend a reqular monthly meet or would you prefer an adhoc event/location type of meet.
2) If you would like a monthly meet do you want it at a fixed location every time or at several locations within the area.
3) If you'd rather have an event type meet how much would you pay for entrance.
4) If at an event type location have you any suggestions of where.
5) Would you like local evening mini-meets say at a pub for a meal.

Richard did mention that there were about 150 members registered in the NW but I wonder how many actually view the forum on a regular basis and stray far enough down the page to the Events and Meets section to see anything that may be happening near them. I think the main problem is that you have to have enough people interested in attending a meet before anything can happen.

Well thats my thoughts - has anybody else got anything to add.

Cheers
Jim

bobgrice
25th June 2011, 08:57
i have attended meetings inYork-Hareswood- Colwyn Bay and these suited me as there were other things going on.I would not attend monthly meetings in a pub as the only thing we have in common is our cars and conversation can get difficult at times.
In my opinion you should not have regular(monthly) meetings but meetings arranged around events i.e Tatton park Speak hall- Ellesmere Boating- Massey House-Blackpool-Rufford Hall- Salmlesbury Hall.This would enable us to bring wifes/partners to the meetings

Just a few ideas

stevo snr
25th June 2011, 09:00
I'm going over the hill to the Yorkshire meet next month to see how the operate, they seem to be doing ok, will report back

bobgrice
25th June 2011, 16:20
not a very good response is no one interested

James.uk
25th June 2011, 17:17
I will see you at the Yorkie meet then Stevo Snr.. lol.. :D

Not going to the Gretna one this time, but may make another Nano later on...

And I still want to get up to see Colin (2diesels) at some point. Unfortunately, that's a very long run innit... :o

bobgrice
25th June 2011, 17:22
i will begoing to the penrith meet see you there eh!

neilll
25th June 2011, 17:23
hi,
i attended the first meet at the hollow tree and would come to more but it totally depends on my shift pattern and family commitments.i like the idea of different locations/events although evening events would most probably be out for me.
neilll