PDA

View Full Version : More I pod problems

Becs512
17th June 2011, 23:43
OK....HELP?..
Thanks to Steve, I discovered all i needed do was to reset the iPod BUT...why do I have to re set every time I play tunes with the iPod...and then te next time I turn on the ignition ....the DD doesn't regonise my iPod and I have to reset it all over again.
And to make matters worse....when there are tunes playing I am now getting a 'tick tick' noise ...making it impossible to play any i tunes....

And don't even start me on trying to get my mobile phone to synch with it.......not the best buy i have ever made....but it sure does look beautiful ....:shrug:
Oh....and the steering wheel controls don't want to work...even after I followed all the advice...

And the instruction book is a complete waste of time so, I haven't got a clue how anything works.....

Lovely piece of kit but.....and... a very big but....either don't have high hopes or.....have hours and hours of spare time to sort the thing out....

stevemac
18th June 2011, 06:25
Becs I know nothing about the DD unit, Blaupunkt man myself, but you obviously should not have to re boot the iPod every time. Have you plugged it into your PC and used iTunes to restore the operating system to it's original state. This will wipe it clean and you will have to reset the time, country etc.
Any corrupt files will be removed. Hope this helps.

BTW are you in the state sector? I've never worked for such a long time as this half-term :(

Starman
18th June 2011, 08:11
Hi Becs. I use an Intravee and Alpine adaptor for my iPod and iPhone and never have to reboot anything. Although if the pod is left in situe for 24 hrs without being used it goes to sleep. A press of the select button and it wakes up as the head unit won't wake it up. Don't know if that's the sort of thing you are experiencing. :shrug:

Regards. Steve.

MARKUK
18th June 2011, 09:58
Becs,

Update your iPod to the latest software version and try again...

Am not a big fan of the Ipod function on the DD, I either use a 500gig Hard Drive ( which is a Laptop drive in an external case ) or use the Bluetooth Music function...

stevemac
18th June 2011, 10:28
Becs,

Update your iPod to the latest software version and try again...

Am not a big fan of the Ipod function on the DD, I either use a 500gig Hard Drive ( which is a Laptop drive in an external case ) or use the Bluetooth Music function...

It should have updated automatically through iTunes. Mine checks every time I plug it in.

MARKUK
18th June 2011, 10:33
That depends on how you have iTunes setup...

Mine never updates without my intervention !..

Radioguy
18th June 2011, 12:19
Rebecca ,

what is the Model of your Ipod Please?

Sean

OK....HELP?..
Thanks to Steve, I discovered all i needed do was to reset the iPod BUT...why do I have to re set every time I play tunes with the iPod...and then te next time I turn on the ignition ....the DD doesn't regonise my iPod and I have to reset it all over again.
And to make matters worse....when there are tunes playing I am now getting a 'tick tick' noise ...making it impossible to play any i tunes....

And don't even start me on trying to get my mobile phone to synch with it.......not the best buy i have ever made....but it sure does look beautiful ....:shrug:
Oh....and the steering wheel controls don't want to work...even after I followed all the advice...

And the instruction book is a complete waste of time so, I haven't got a clue how anything works.....

Lovely piece of kit but.....and... a very big but....either don't have high hopes or.....have hours and hours of spare time to sort the thing out....

Becs512
18th June 2011, 15:40
First ....sorry I vented a little yesterday.....had a stressful week and it was the poor DD that took the abuse...
I really do love this unit and I just know with a little more patience I will get it all sorted.....eventually...:shrug:

Becs512
18th June 2011, 15:41
And to add insult to injury...my laptop's screen decided to break last night....
Feeling just a tad....well...cheesed off..

Becs512
18th June 2011, 15:45
The iPod problem seems to be that :
I reset the iPod,
The DD unit recognises my iPod and happily plays.
As soon as I turn off the power....the I pod just dies...nothing.
The DD unit doesn't recognise the iPod and ....nothing happens....
Very frustrating...to say the least...

Becs512
18th June 2011, 15:46
Hi Sean,
Not a clue...it has a click wheel and is colour, if that helps...
Thanks for all your help

Radioguy
20th June 2011, 02:01
Rebecca, So it is Charged going on the cable , It works fine and then is kaput when you disconnect?
Do I Understand that correctly ?

Becs512
21st June 2011, 08:35
The I pod is now flat...so it looks like it doesn't charge the iPod.
So, as well....as the I pod going kaput after using it with the DD.... The clicks going when playing music...it is also not charging.....bit all confusing.

Rebecca

MARKUK
21st June 2011, 08:38
Rebecca,

Diuble check that the cable for the DD is seated correctly...

Take it out and re attatch to make sure it's on the the right way...

Becs512
21st June 2011, 12:28
Will try that tomorrow..thanks

Becs512
23rd June 2011, 06:12
Have checked the cable, reset and charged the iPod....already to try this morning....

h4ck
26th June 2011, 21:23
I have problems with Iphone 4 and DD unit, it plays everything nice, until i try to change music with steering control , than it stop working everything, and i have to take out and again in to start working again ? If i use button on DD there is no problem. And if i use stering control on other functions(CD,SD) there are no such problems ?

And should that cable charge ipod-iphone to? Cause when i connect, it says that the cable is not original.

Becs512
29th June 2011, 07:51
I still have the original problem....
I connect up the iPod....the DD recognises 'rebecca's ipod' but, as soon as I either change to the radio, turn the power off or, do anything to come away from the iPod.....as soon as I try to go back to the iPod, it no longer recognises it and my iPod is 'dead'and needs to be reset.....
Pretty much giving up on the idea of being able to use my iPod now, which is a shame as it was one of the selling points for me but.....have to say....love this unit...
'Loads of stuff'.....for not a lot of money and with the walnut trim...it looks....well...wow !!