PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav...help

Becs512
19th June 2011, 22:21
I haven't a clue how to make the sat nav work....can anyone help me find an instruction manual as it is driving me crazy...
Also, I think I have all Tony Fry's skins on the DD but, not a clue how to access them.....
This is getting so ....more and more....confusing and frustrating....
Please help...my other half is now laughing at how much money I have spent..

Becs512
19th June 2011, 22:22
And don't start me on the non working iPod.....

MARKUK
19th June 2011, 23:09
Hi Rebecca,

I have put the Manuals for Igo & Primo & the Gurjon Skin in my SugarSync area...

Here's the link...

https://www.sugarsync.com/share/b3dzb8rnyj9it

rizel23
20th June 2011, 09:40
it seems on my that even though i turn warnings off, when i start the car up again IGO runs in the back ground without me knowing and i get a load of speed warnings when listening to my music, getting annoying now!

Becs512
20th June 2011, 13:36
Me too Rizel.

Mark, thank you...you are a star.

Along with some great aftercare from Sean..it will I am sure slowly all get sorted.

Mr Edd
20th June 2011, 13:54
I got so fed up with it I turned SatNav sound off completely. (in the settings) It now runs in silence and I can listen to the radio/music in peace. The bluetooth phone connection still works too.

Just needs a quick glance at the screen and I know where I am and it also tells me how far to the next turn/roundabout etc. Those flipping sirens and bells and whistles were very distracting before I turned them off.

Edd

picky747
20th June 2011, 14:28
With your unit switched on press the on/off button to access the satnav console.Now press the setup button on the bottom left (shows a spanner and screwdriver).Next press the top button which says navigate setup.On the next menu make sure the box that states "Start whether run navigation software automatically" is unchecked and this will stop the satnav interrupting your music,CD,etc.

HarryM1BYT
20th June 2011, 15:14
it seems on my that even though i turn warnings off, when i start the car up again IGO runs in the back ground without me knowing and i get a load of speed warnings when listening to my music, getting annoying now!

To completely stop it, you will need to shut IGO down. On the menu screen look for a red virtual button with an 'I' on it and click it - that should shut the IGO software down completely. To get IGO back, press the actual Power button briefly, the on the top left of the DD.

Tinyflier
20th June 2011, 16:28
I went into "Settings" and chose the "Warnings" segment then simply turned the sound on warnings down to zero - bliss - no more hooters and sirens (except for those pesky guys behind me with funny flashing lights. :) - only joking!).

There is definitely a "learning curve" on these units!

David

VVC-Geeza
20th June 2011, 16:33
It took me a long time to configure iGO exactly how i wanted,volumes warnings etc but now it's spot on (for me).I do wish though that the unit would store the settings because i dread having to do it all again following a reset or power interuption.

MARKUK
20th June 2011, 16:51
Mick,

in IGO there is an option to save user settings, however, I have never got it to work !...( although it used to work on my single DIN )

Keeps giving me some excuse about the memory card, but I think it's something with the S/W itself..

Shame though !

VVC-Geeza
20th June 2011, 17:19
Mick,

in IGO there is an option to save user settings, however, I have never got it to work !...( although it used to work on my single DIN )

Keeps giving me some excuse about the memory card, but I think it's something with the S/W itself..

Shame though !

How do i access save user settings Mark?

Mr Edd
20th June 2011, 21:38
I found in the settings (don't ask me how I got there) boxes that had ticks in them. By removing those ticks it turned the warning sounds off. I also found another button somewhere in there which turned all SatNav voices and sounds off.

So there are options, but its a bug - her to find them.

Edd

VVC-Geeza
20th June 2011, 22:13
I found in the settings (don't ask me how I got there) boxes that had ticks in them. By removing those ticks it turned the warning sounds off. I also found another button somewhere in there which turned all SatNav voices and sounds off.

So there are options, but its a bug - her to find them.

Edd

All that i have ticked in "warnings" is speed camera alerts, and it works very well for both fixed and mobile sites.Oh and (bing bong) for lane identification :)

I have never seen " save user settings " that Mark speaks of in iGO.

HarryM1BYT
20th June 2011, 22:53
Not tried it, but I would have expected that editing the sys.txt file would make the settings the semi-permanent defaults, at least in Primo.

MARKUK
21st June 2011, 08:02
How do i access save user settings Mark?

Will upload a video when I get home tonight !!

MARKUK
22nd June 2011, 22:01
Here's the HOW TO video on my YouTube Channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvrkIfgrlfY

Like I said before, I have never got it to work with any of my Memory Cards but give it a go !

VVC-Geeza
22nd June 2011, 22:50
Many thanks Mark,will give it a go and report back :)

StuartB
24th June 2011, 07:23
I've also tried to use User Data Management and had the same memory card error message. Perhaps it's trying to save to a folder/file that does not exist or the system is somehow pointing to the wrong location! Anyway...........

Here's a thought on a workaround:-

Any changes you make, (skins, sound settings etc) are updated on the "system.ini" file which is in the "IGO8\save folder" on your memory card. Once you have the system as you want it, pop the card into your pc and make a copy of that file. Should your system (and therefore the system.ini file) get corrupted/reset for any reason, simply replace the "new" system.ini file with your backed-up copy.

Hope this is of help, but if anyone finds a way to do it using the User Date Management that would be great.

Cheers

Stuart

VVC-Geeza
24th June 2011, 22:31
I've also tried to use User Data Management and had the same memory card error message. Perhaps it's trying to save to a folder/file that does not exist or the system is somehow pointing to the wrong location! Anyway...........

Here's a thought on a workaround:-

Any changes you make, (skins, sound settings etc) are updated on the "system.ini" file which is in the "IGO8\save folder" on your memory card. Once you have the system as you want it, pop the card into your pc and make a copy of that file. Should your system (and therefore the system.ini file) get corrupted/reset for any reason, simply replace the "new" system.ini file with your backed-up copy.

Hope this is of help, but if anyone finds a way to do it using the User Date Management that would be great.

Cheers

Stuart

Good idea ;)