PDA

View Full Version : whining from speakers with aircon on

taffyduck
22nd June 2011, 10:56
Has any body else suffered from a whining sound comming from the speakers when the aircon is on? Had this problem for a while now. When the Aircon is switched to "econ" or "off" there's not a sound only when its on "Auto".

Any Ideas?

Thanks

Paul

suffolk boy
22nd June 2011, 11:03
if it is constant i would suspect the speakers are picking up some form of electrical interference similar to car radios years ago picking up interference from the dynamo or altenator which was cured back then by fitting a supressor.a auto electrician should be able to sort it out i would have thought

Tatts
22nd June 2011, 11:04
Stop listening to BFBS! :D

2Diesels
22nd June 2011, 11:09
Is it definitely the speakers?? the reason I ask is you get a funny sound in your right ear when the aircon is on a low fan speed or at least I do maybe it's just tinnitis:D:D

taffyduck
22nd June 2011, 11:09
Stop listening to BFBS! :D

Now there's a thought;)

taffyduck
22nd June 2011, 11:14
It's not the speakers themselves as when I press the mute button there's no whining. I'm suspecting that the anetnna from the TMC is picking up the interference when the air con is running. Guess I'll just have to take it out and see what happens when i unplug the antenna.

2Diesels
22nd June 2011, 11:18
Ah I see well in that case it definitely sounds like interference on your wireless:D

port30
22nd June 2011, 14:47
BFBS, Gutersloh in the 80s happy days!:D