PDA

View Full Version : Alternative DD with android tablet

h1ghwaystar
24th June 2011, 07:28
:DSearching eBay after being intrigued by seans post about the android double din I came across this. Double din with detachable android tablet running android 2.1.

What do you guys reckon to this? Possible good buy or not? :shrug:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-2-Din-DVD-Stereo-with-a-mountable-Android-Tablet_W0QQitemZ220789941470QQcategoryZ171485QQvar ZQQcmdZViewItem

handyjackdaniels
24th June 2011, 07:53
:DSearching eBay after being intrigued by seans post about the android double din I came across this. Double din with detachable android tablet running android 2.1.

What do you guys reckon to this? Possible good buy or not? :shrug:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Double-2-Din-DVD-Stereo-with-a-mountable-Android-Tablet_W0QQitemZ220789941470QQcategoryZ171485QQvar ZQQcmdZViewItem

not sure how the two specs compare, but these look more and more interesting by the day:drool4:

Mr Edd
24th June 2011, 08:05
Well a little bit cheaper than Sean's but will it fit and look like it belongs in our cars and what will the warranty and support be like.

Sometimes cheapest isn't always the best. According to my currency converter these are $800.555 us dollars. But maybe worth comparing with Sean's product.

Edd

handyjackdaniels
24th June 2011, 08:09
Well a little bit cheaper than Sean's but will it fit and look like it belongs in our cars and what will the warranty and support be like.

Sometimes cheapest isn't always the best. According to my currency converter these are $800.555 us dollars. But maybe worth comparing with Sean's product.

Edd

agreed, would be a nightmare if something went wrong and they say it has to go back to china, i'm sure a few people have been caught out by that before, until sean came along with his wonderful service and support!!

Starman
24th June 2011, 08:24
As it says it's the first so I expect many to appear in the next 3~6 months....ooohhh Crimbo :drool4:
Specs will also rise but the price will probably stay the same.
There's no mention of phone although you could Skype, and external 3G! Would that be from your phone? Via Blue Tooth or say a dongle on USB?
not that it matters too much to be fair.
To me it looks a little "clunky" and as said would it look right?
Have to photoshop one in :D
I'd prefer the tablet to sit further back but that's just me being picky.
Not for me just yet even if I could afford it! But I believe it's the way to go and interestingly worth watching if the big guns go for it. I.e. Kenwood, Alpine, Sony etc.

Regards. Steve.

Radioguy
24th June 2011, 15:22
Oh My
Please , No, I saw those in Chinese emailofferings , No way
"You awe asking fow twouble ! "

The one we offer, Is Proven and tested, And Supported
And then, there is ME !

Is it Like Grab it now or is it Clearance ?

£70 OFF ONLY UNTIL THIS MONDAY!!!!!! GRAB IT CHEAP NOW OR NOT AT ALL! STOCKS ARE RUNNING LOW....
****CLEARANCE****CLEARANCE****CLEARANCE****

"ANDROID POWERED"???

For that kinda money couldn't he have twansrated the Engrish ?

Check the sellers feedback

Please give us another week or 10 days to fiddle ..
We are working on steering wheel control interface , we have the correct protocol now , we want to give you guys as close as possible a plug and play package

We are working on it

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/100404e04ab73e07c3.jpg

Becs512
27th June 2011, 07:26
As someone who has purchased a DD unit from a Chinese manufacturer.....via Sean, I can honestly say that without Sean's help and support ( along with the members here ) the unit could well have found itself 'concreted' and at the bottom of the River Thames.
Not anything major but, niggles that are both frustrating and often need help correcting.
For me personally, anyone that goes out on a limb and buys anything like this direct from China had better be willing to lose that limb.....
Just my ramblings...

ceedy
27th June 2011, 09:26
I've got an Android tablet with Froyo 2.2 system.. with gps wifi , basically
bells and whistles ..

and errmmm ... really it aint that good . it a bit slow generally , so you really need to look past the glitz and find out the specs & speeds of the Pad system .

Never had an Ipad so can't compare but reckon these Androides have way to go to complete properly with Apple .

But they are Cheaper!!! ;)

:getmecoat:

ceedy
27th June 2011, 09:29
As someone who has purchased a DD unit from a Chinese manufacturer.....via Sean, I can honestly say that without Sean's help and support ( along with the members here ) the unit could well have found itself 'concreted' and at the bottom of the River Thames.
Not anything major but, niggles that are both frustrating and often need help correcting.
For me personally, anyone that goes out on a limb and buys anything like this direct from China had better be willing to lose that limb.....
Just my ramblings...

Tell me about it!!!! :mad::mad: , just read my Erising threads !!

CDTi
27th June 2011, 09:41
I've got an Android tablet with Froyo 2.2 system.. with gps wifi , basically
bells and whistles ..

and errmmm ... really it aint that good . it a bit slow generally , so you really need to look past the glitz and find out the specs & speeds of the Pad system .

Never had an Ipad so can't compare but reckon these Androides have way to go to complete properly with Apple .

But they are Cheaper!!! ;)

:getmecoat:I got a 10" Android pad about 6 months ago. Initially its performance was quite poor but the ROM development over the past 6 months has greatly improved it. It will never be an iPad but its about 1/4 of the price.

sikelsh
27th June 2011, 10:48
I know this off topic, sorry...

But has anyone with a tablet found away for changing the Market Location?? the market tells me that I cannot download Iplayer App as its not for my country!!

PS this is one to watch in the development of this unit as the Market dictates the Apps you can and cannot download based on what it thinks your device is and what country its located in.

e668ecp
28th June 2011, 07:18
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/100404e04ab73e07c3.jpg

I like that.. looks very OEM

rovexCDTi
28th June 2011, 17:43
That unit in the OP looks like it must stick out of the dash about 2 inches!

It will look horrible. Id rather have the integrated unit from Sean, but the price is a sticking point.

Most of the Chinese units are rubbish, i have an Xtrons right now that just doesnt play DVDs any more and has graphical corruption in the radio app, its only 4 months old. Its going back for 'repair' as soon as seans DD unit turns up.

tony_fry
29th June 2011, 16:45
That unit in the OP looks like it must stick out of the dash about 2 inches!

It will look horrible. Id rather have the integrated unit from Sean, but the price is a sticking point.

Most of the Chinese units are rubbish, i have an Xtrons right now that just doesnt play DVDs any more and has graphical corruption in the radio app, its only 4 months old. Its going back for 'repair' as soon as seans DD unit turns up.

Christian you have a great head unit on its way to you, which you should receive tomorrow.

tony_fry
29th June 2011, 16:47
Tell me about it!!!! :mad::mad: , just read my Erising threads !!

Chris, I have tried to send you a PM, looks like you message box is full!!!

rovexCDTi
29th June 2011, 17:00
Christian you have a great head unit on its way to you, which you should receive tomorrow.
Looking forward to it. This Xtrons thing is really a waste of time for me. I knew it would be a problem when i cut my finger down to the bone fitting it (the cage it fits in is absolutely razor sharp, no kidding)!

Whatever i do it will not play a DVD any more. In fairness to the seller he is fixing it in the UK, so i dont have to worry about sending it to China.

rovexCDTi
29th June 2011, 17:02
I know this off topic, sorry...

But has anyone with a tablet found away for changing the Market Location?? the market tells me that I cannot download Iplayer App as its not for my country!!

PS this is one to watch in the development of this unit as the Market dictates the Apps you can and cannot download based on what it thinks your device is and what country its located in.
There are ways to fake your location, Market enabler being one of them, so even if the unit has no market, you can get it unofficially.

ceedy
30th June 2011, 09:53
Chris, I have tried to send you a PM, looks like you message box is full!!!

Sorry that Sean bloke clogging it up !! :D:D

Radioguy
30th June 2011, 21:24
Sorry that Sean bloke clogging it up !! :D:D

Guilty as charged !

A few teasers done today

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/100404e0ce862b771b.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/100404e0ce86302de0.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/100404e0ce8632546f.jpg