PDA

View Full Version : Sean wiring DD

Aengiel
27th June 2011, 13:28
Hello everyone
I hope this is the right place for this question.

Excuse me, I'm Italian and I speak very little English.
I ask if someone can help me in the wiring of a DD by Sean, in particular to connect front / rear speaker and subwoofer.
I've got 2 amplifiers (one for front and rear speakers and one for the sub) and I would exclude the amplified module of DD.
If you could have a scheme for the links there I would be grateful.

This is the back of the DD ...
http://du108w.dub108.mail.live.com/att/GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=3a4a431d-6695-400c-bf09-e309f996d597&Aux=44|0|8CE014FB7F43E20||0|0|0|0||&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att
Excuse me and thanks again

greetings
angelo

Thomas
27th June 2011, 20:14
Moved to double din section.:}

Aengiel
27th June 2011, 22:15
Moved to double din section.:}

Thanks Thomas :}

Thomas
27th June 2011, 22:17
your welcome

VVC-Geeza
28th June 2011, 16:54
I too would be interested to know how to do this as i plan to fit an amp and sub along with upgrading the door speakers.

I'm just in the process of getting the bits together,:) Found a sub ;)

Aengiel
30th June 2011, 17:43
Nobody can help?...

rovexCDTi
30th June 2011, 17:56
Which version of the DD do you have? The old one has connectors for amps and video etc on cables, the new one has them built in to the unit with no wires.

For the amps you need to connect the loose blue wire from the radio to the switching connection on the amp (to turn the amps on when the radio powers on) for the line out just connect to line out! I havent looked that closely so it might be that the new unit has only one set of pre-outs, if so just get a splitter if you need more than one amp (or the amps dont daisy chain). It looks that way to me.

Incidentally i fitted a 12 inch sub today and the ZT seems to have great acoustics, the bass is deep and there are no rattles! Not always the case with cars. It took me all of 5 minutes to get a sound i was happy with, in the past its taken me days of fiddling with the bass boost, crossovers etc and sound deadening.

Aengiel
30th June 2011, 18:45
Which version of the DD do you have? The old one has connectors for amps and video etc on cables, the new one has them built in to the unit with no wires.

For the amps you need to connect the loose blue wire from the radio to the switching connection on the amp (to turn the amps on when the radio powers on) for the line out just connect to line out! I havent looked that closely so it might be that the new unit has only one set of pre-outs, if so just get a splitter if you need more than one amp (or the amps dont daisy chain). It looks that way to me.

Incidentally i fitted a 12 inch sub today and the ZT seems to have great acoustics, the bass is deep and there are no rattles! Not always the case with cars. It took me all of 5 minutes to get a sound i was happy with, in the past its taken me days of fiddling with the bass boost, crossovers etc and sound deadening.

Hello RovexCDTI,
thank you for responding.

I have a DD who should replace me sean (supply wrong), on the back only has 2 RCA outputs and a plug which means "rear speakers".
My problem is:

1. the plug "rear speakers" is preamplified?
2. if so, why has only 3 pins? and how to connect them?
3. if I use only 2 RCA outputs for 4 speakers do not have the fader.
4. Finally, the subwoofer where it connects?

As I said, I have already installed two good amps (speakers and sub) driving the other utoradio (Clarion) and I want to exploit them for this DD.

Excuse my bad English, I hope that I explained.

Radioguy
1st July 2011, 01:37
Hello RovexCDTI,
thank you for responding.

I have a DD who should replace me sean (supply wrong), on the back only has 2 RCA outputs and a plug which means "rear speakers".
My problem is:

1. the plug "rear speakers" is preamplified?
2. if so, why has only 3 pins? and how to connect them?
3. if I use only 2 RCA outputs for 4 speakers do not have the fader.
4. Finally, the subwoofer where it connects?

As I said, I have already installed two good amps (speakers and sub) driving the other utoradio (Clarion) and I want to exploit them for this DD.

Excuse my bad English, I hope that I explained.

We are sending soon one with RDS. The connections are the same .

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/100404e0d24a73929b.jpg

Aengiel
2nd July 2011, 15:19
We are sending soon one with RDS. The connections are the same .

Hello Sean

Perhaps I was not clear ...:}

I meant the connections indicated by arrows.

I want to exclude the amplified outputs.

And where the subwoofer is connected?

thanks

Angelo