PDA

View Full Version : Northwest Meetings (Just an Idea)

vinnythepainter
3rd July 2011, 08:21
Hi all,
I'm new here and been fumbling around the site for quite a while,

Looking at the places or locations for any meets mentioned in the earlier posts.

I'd be more than happy to attend any meets within a 20-mile radius, say the first or last Sunday of the month. So on the: “North West Members Locations” lets all have a look at the map and see if there is any where we could meet up.

I’m all for putting a pin in the middle of the map and finding some where near that area, then maybe the following month move out from the centre of the map and keep moving it round like that.
(In a clock or anti-clock wise direction)

Whichever way you want, lol

I have just had a look at the map and “I lost count” but there are about 60 or 70 members between Preston and Stoke going North to South and Colwyn Bay to just the other side of Manchester going West to East. I know there are more members outside the aera I mentioned
(so don't lynch me) :getmecoat:

Or if there is something going on near you where we could meet up and have a chat about our cars, once you got bored of that (hahahaha) you could have a look at whatever is on offer @ the event.

That way we should all get a meeting near us sooner or later.

What do the other members think about this
“Can we make it happen”?

It’s just an idea !!!
I'm only a poor Painter :shrug:

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestma...ichardwjackson (http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/richardwjackson)

autopia
17th September 2011, 07:48
Hi All,

I'd be happy to offer my workshop as a meeting place, also happy to put a couple of cars up on the ramp if anyone wants to have a good look underneath?

Rgds
Darren
www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk

carguy143
20th September 2011, 09:07
This is a good idea, and Darwen is kind of central I guess as it's not too far from Bolton, Manchester or Preston.

Scouse1958
20th September 2011, 21:28
Yeap sounds very good and you learn how to do jobs as well :)

Arctic
21st September 2011, 08:38
Hi All,

I'd be happy to offer my workshop as a meeting place, also happy to put a couple of cars up on the ramp if anyone wants to have a good look underneath?

Rgds
Darren
www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk (http://www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk)

This sounds fantastic and the offer is very generous indeed i would be interested in this meet if it could be arranged as so would other i think one to watch Arctic.

britscim69
21st September 2011, 10:40
Sounds like a good idea.... when is the next meet planned for anyway? I might break my cherry and attend one... :D

J1MBO
21st September 2011, 18:15
Hi All,

Rgds
Darren
www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk (http://www.autopiaservicecentres.co.uk)

Looks good - well done that man, any idea when you might organise it.

when is the next meet planned for anyway? I might break my cherry and attend one... :D

I make the next meet to be at the Hollow Tree on the 5th October at 2000hrs

Cheers

ssizefive
21st September 2011, 18:27
I could be up for this as well, Darwen isn't too far from me.

Steve

stevo snr
21st September 2011, 20:34
Looks good - well done that man, any idea when you might organise it.

I make the next meet to be at the Hollow Tree on the 5th October at 2000hrs

Cheers

That right Jimbo, The Hollow Tree it is 8pm see you all there.

Canon
22nd September 2011, 20:47
Im up for that, its a nice drive to Darwen, might even go up early and do a bit of fishing at Entwistle Resevoir ;)

fse73549
23rd September 2011, 21:31
And if you go fishing no spitting in the water as I have to drink it!

Canon
23rd September 2011, 21:56
And if you go fishing no spitting in the water as I have to drink it!

I wouldnt dream of spitting in the water were i wash my sweaty feet :D

fse73549
24th September 2011, 18:33
I wondered why the shower walls turn pink lol.

Back on track it looks like the northwest may be getting some good ideas for meets now. Just wish it had happened 6 months ago before the begining of the warmer rain season!