PDA

View Full Version : DD issues in sat nav

RKDE
5th July 2011, 07:44
Hi guys,

I have been putting up with several issues with my DD for a while and now want to sort them out. It does work quite well but now its frustrating me

At the moment I am using a 4GB micro SD from Tony, then I am running the latest primo 1.2 and also have all the others too.

My main issue is firstly the speed camera warning is set to be 0.6miles ahead which on my trip home is frustrating with beeping while I am in a 60 heading towards a 40 so I would like to change this to 200 yards, how do I do that?

Second and this is the area which annoys me, the voice on the sat nav (Kate) and all the other voices miss lots out so I will be driving along and she will say 100 yards or ft or mostly speed limit now I know she is missing some of the sentence as sometimes she says them and others does not

translation

100 yard (do something in 100 yards - left or right normally)
ft (keep left or in *** keep left)
speed limit (you are over the speed limit)

Does anyone have any advice? I have reset the system and re-installed primo also I had the same issue with the older software too, could the SD card be slow or could it be a file out of place or finally is this just something I am to expect with the unit.

Then there is the traffic and radio signal which are both quite poor but I saw there is some sort of fix for that.

Thanks in advance (the voice issue is most important as some people struggle to follow it)

sturmovik
6th July 2011, 21:56
I'm also having this voice issue, where the first second of the voice command is missed. I think I read that Harry was experiencing something similar. Has a solution or workaround been discovered ?

Kevin

HarryM1BYT
6th July 2011, 22:54
If you disable the ICE side when the satnav is active it solves the problem, so my conclusion was that it misses the bit of the announcement due to turning the ICE audio off.

Tony (I think it was) sugested editing the annoucement text scripts, to add his name to the strat of each announcement.

vindaloo
7th July 2011, 10:01
Hi guys,

My main issue is firstly the speed camera warning is set to be 0.6miles ahead which on my trip home is frustrating with beeping while I am in a 60 heading towards a 40 so I would like to change this to 200 yards, how do I do that?

I'd like to know this as well please

Becs512
7th July 2011, 10:33
Me too.....:shrug:

MARKUK
7th July 2011, 12:32
Tray Changing this part in the SYS File...

[warning]
speedlimit_warning=1
speedlimit_warning_voice=1
speedlimit_warning_visual=1
is_spoken=1
speedcam_enabled=1
speedcam_warning=1
speedlimit_warning_visual=1
speedlimit_warning_voice="!radar"
speedlimit_warning=1
speedwarn_alt_tolerance=200

RKDE
8th July 2011, 21:06
If you disable the ICE side when the satnav is active it solves the problem, so my conclusion was that it misses the bit of the announcement due to turning the ICE audio off.

Tony (I think it was) sugested editing the annoucement text scripts, to add his name to the strat of each announcement.

How do you disable the ICE? is that the sat nav or are you saying I can't have my music on and good sound on the sat nav?

Also I am sure one of the announced speed warnings said "Tony speed camera" but I couldn't make it out :D

I will have a go with the sys file as its truly driving me mad along with the camera angle changing as I go around an island but I think the fix for that is on here somewhere? Anyone who knows where please drop a link but I will have a search for it tomorrow

HarryM1BYT
11th July 2011, 19:34
You can have both the satnav announcements and the music (ICE), but if both are set to run at the same time, then the first bit of the satnav announcement is missed off. 'Take the next left', becomes '.... the next left'.

I'm sure it ought to be fixable, it just needs the satnav audio to be delayed slightly, until after it has switched the audion over, but no one has yet found the solution.

rotrex
16th July 2011, 14:49
hi folks.
I'm pleased to say mine does not do this. used mine yesterday for first time {nav and cd playing} it says IE. in a 1000ft turn left. at 1000ft take first exit from roundabout, ect ect.
what I'm strugling with is useing nav properly. Tony:bowdown: has now sent me a PDF file. thanks Tony:bowdown: hopefully this will instruct me the right way to use it.