PDA

View Full Version : Lakeland Motor Museum Meet

Freebyrd
5th July 2011, 14:12
Blujon has organised a meet at the Lakeland Motor Museum on Sunday 14 August. A discounted addmission price of £6 if we can muster 20 members. http://www.lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk

Ample parking, cafe and lots to see (visited it myself in May). Also Lakeside and Haverthwaite Steam Railway just a mile along the road.
http://www.lakesiderailway.co.uk

Conact John or myself if interested.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

derekosb
11th July 2011, 16:00
Cheers for posting this Brian. Sounds like it could be a good day out.

Time for a bump anyway and we can discuss it with members at Gretna as well and get a few more along.

Are Jaguars welcome?? :}:} .................:getmecoat:

Derek ;)

Freebyrd
11th July 2011, 18:35
Cheers for posting this Brian. Sounds like it could be a good day out.

Time for a bump anyway and we can discuss it with members at Gretna as well and get a few more along.

Are Jaguars welcome?? :}:} .................:getmecoat:

Derek ;)
Thanks Derek, I am sure Jaguars will be welcome at Gretna, but do you have something to cover it with:confused::p::p::D. I am also sure we will have the bonnet up for a look. I have booked a few days in the Lakes the week prior to the meet at Lakeland Museum, any excuse to be in the Lakes is good with me:). It is a museum worth visiting, particularly for those interested in Donald Campbell's exploits on speed records.

Brush 1
3rd August 2011, 22:30
i,m booked in nearby travelodge so i,ll be there wat time it start? :bowdown:

Brush 1
3rd August 2011, 22:52
ah just seen it,s a mid day start anyone else going down on the sunday want to drive in 'mini convoy' we could meet say abington? :)

Bluejon
4th August 2011, 22:56
ah just seen it,s a mid day start anyone else going down on the sunday want to drive in 'mini convoy' we could meet say abington? :)

Hi Ian,

Following your above suggestion,may I kindly ask you to have a look at the convoy arrangements we are hoping to have to the meet in the Cumbria N/E section,can you please let me know what you think,as I think we could turn this into something like you had for Gretna,look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards.

John.

Brush 1
5th August 2011, 12:01
robert the bruce bonnie prince charlie all invaded england lets join them and invade them again, show them the scots arent to tight 2 buy some petrol lol mind we,ll come back wi heads held high unlike the latter lol. blujon,s mob leaving rheged at 11 so anyone up 2 join me leaving abington bout 9.15-9.30? it be a more leisurely drive as wont be chaseing that black transit lol:p:

derekosb
5th August 2011, 13:26
it be a more leisurely drive as wont be chaseing that black transit lol:p:

Hoi!! I'm always watching you know:rant::rant:. Mondeo is bad enough, but at Transit you're pushing it! :D:D

Anyway, not my fault if you can't keep up, I had the cruise set at 70 to make it a controlled convoy.;)

Derek :p:

Brush 1
5th August 2011, 14:37
Hoi!! I'm always watching you know:rant::rant:. Mondeo is bad enough, but at Transit you're pushing it! :D:D

Anyway, not my fault if you can't keep up, I had the cruise set at 70 to make it a controlled convoy.;)

Derek :p:
i always get those fords mixed up as they all the same lol think i maybe 2 blame for speed of convoy, leaving abington u, flyer, freebird got out i had to stop for some old duffer going round roundabout then a van, so by time we hit motorway u had bout a 3mile start. so it me that drove at silly mph (wont say incase it held against me) to catch up and everyone behind me did same. mind for an old ford it moves lol :p:

Brush 1
14th August 2011, 17:37
well the day arrived to do the invasion, i turned up at abington at 9.10 just on the off chance anybody wanted to go along but lo and behold after wasting my time and waiting 20min it obvious i was 2 be the lone soldier. well to all that didnt go u missed a great day out at an excellent museum which i,d recommend to anyone. spoke to blujohn and family there who are genuinely nice folk and took some great pics, which i cant be bothered putting up really, as go there and see for urself. thanks to general freebyrd and bluejohn for arranging this. :)