PDA

View Full Version : One to watch....

Zeb
19th November 2006, 19:58
Oh look...surprise surprise! It has been relisted!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330047869230&rd=1&rd=1

JP53
19th November 2006, 20:13
Oh look...surprise surprise! It has been relisted!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDW%3AIT&viewitem=&item=330047869230&rd=1&rd=1

Is this the exact same one :confused:

Zeb
19th November 2006, 20:15
Is this the exact same one :confused:

Yup....somehow I do not think they liked the price they got ;)

JP53
19th November 2006, 20:17
Yup....somehow I do not think they liked the price they got ;)

Do you think they would take £57.01p? :D
Did it have a reserve price? :rolleyes:

Zeb
19th November 2006, 20:17
Do you think they would take £57.01p? :D
Did it have a reserve price? :rolleyes:
Not one they paid for no!

JP53
19th November 2006, 20:23
Not one they paid for no!

I thought they had to sell it for that price under ebay rules. I don't go on there much so I'm not up to speed on it, but I thought that was the idea of having a reserve price. I would have been a tad annoyed if I had the winning bid and they would not let me have it.

Simon
19th November 2006, 20:34
I thought they had to sell it for that price under ebay rules.

Er. Yeah. :confused:

I was sure of that too.

Like you said, if I were the winning bidder then I'd be pretty miffed about them pulling my win.

Zeb
19th November 2006, 20:41
I thought they had to sell it for that price under ebay rules. I don't go on there much so I'm not up to speed on it, but I thought that was the idea of having a reserve price. I would have been a tad annoyed if I had the winning bid and they would not let me have it.

You pay money for a reserve price.....and if you do not sell to the highest bidder, well, you might get a negative feedback, if the buyer isn't scared of losing their own 100%...but nothing more.

Kandyman
19th November 2006, 21:36
The annoying thing about this is that it’s a shop that is selling this not some bloke form his front room, I’m sure this is the company that I bid for wheels on ages ago and mucked about with the reserve price back then

Zeb
19th November 2006, 21:38
The annoying thing about this is that it’s a shop that is selling this not some bloke form his front room, I’m sure this is the company that I bid for wheels on ages ago and mucked about with the reserve price back then

Happens all the time mate, cos peeps are too scared to neg....did you neg em?

Kandyman
19th November 2006, 21:52
Long story, I never won the wheels as it never went met the reserve but then got a email saying that i was given a 2nd chance to buy at my bid price, but turned out to be a fake email from some ********************* but when i contacted the seller Thezwarehouse informing them about the fake mail they never got back to me about it. so i was a bit Grrrrrrrrr at them over it all.

Zeb
19th November 2006, 21:54
Long story, I never won the wheels as it never went met the reserve but then got a email saying that i was given a 2nd chance to buy at my bid price, but turned out to be a fake email from some ********************* but when i contacted the seller Thezwarehouse informing them about the fake mail they never got back to me about it. so i was a bit Grrrrrrrrr at them over it all.

Hope you did not click on any links on the second chance offer email!

Kandyman
19th November 2006, 21:58
No mate i'm to wise for them ;)

Zeb
19th November 2006, 21:59
No mate i'm to wise for them ;)

Good to hear that! Most are not.

JP53
20th November 2006, 04:42
Good to hear that! Most are not.

I think I will give this one a miss ;)

pETEkv6
20th November 2006, 07:18
Is it possible the same seller has an identicle 2nd wheel for sale? Otherwise surley negative feedback would follow through on his account....

Keith
20th November 2006, 09:16
As pETE says above I think some conclusions are being jumpered upon here, I have bought from them no problems the item even came with a proper headed receipt for warranty purposes.

I had an entire new cooling fan and motor for £52, I only wanted the fan as a spare but if anyone wants a cheap 1.8 motor I have one :)

iirc they are an ex MGR dealer in Romford clearing out old items.

Has anyone PM'd the buyer of the first wheel
A, - to get them signed up here
B, - to verify if they completed the purchase or not

or have I missed something?

Zeb
20th November 2006, 15:56
As pETE says above I think some conclusions are being jumpered upon here, I have bought from them no problems the item even came with a proper headed receipt for warranty purposes.

I had an entire new cooling fan and motor for £52, I only wanted the fan as a spare but if anyone wants a cheap 1.8 motor I have one :)

iirc they are an ex MGR dealer in Romford clearing out old items.

Has anyone PM'd the buyer of the first wheel
A, - to get them signed up here
B, - to verify if they completed the purchase or not

or have I missed something?

Possibly jumping to conclusions but it is a re-listing not a new listing which raised my suspicions. To do what you suggest in B) would be classed as 'auction interference' ;) However, they DO sell a LOT of steering wheels so I may be completely out of order!