PDA

View Full Version : Hard Drive Linking Question

efreeti
10th July 2011, 10:20
Hi All,

Just fitted one of the more recent DD units from Sean and have a couple of questions...

1> Where would I connect a USB hard drive to it for music? Is there an adapter to usb for the iPod lead or would it have to go through the front mini-usb port?

2> The black "jack type" socket and cable on the rear (above the GPS aerial). Is that the TMC aerial?

3> Has anybody managed to get an Iphone to sync with it via bluetooth?

I'm just about to see if I can adapt an old Harmony front plate to make a fake cover to hide the DD. Strategically placed velcro under the eyebrow may just work. I'll update if I get a result.

MARKUK
10th July 2011, 11:01
Hi All,

Just fitted one of the more recent DD units from Sean and have a couple of questions...

1> Where would I connect a USB hard drive to it for music? Is there an adapter to usb for the iPod lead or would it have to go through the front mini-usb port?

Connect via the front Mini USB...I am using a 500 gig Laptop drive in an external Caddy...

Use this to format & partition the drive for it to work properly...... http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

You will also need one of these...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/USB-CIGAR-LIGHTER-SOCKET-12V-24V-CHARGE-CAMERA-PSP-MP3-/120708799269?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item1c1ace1b25

As the DD doesn't give enough power to drive the HDD

You will also find that it can take a couple of minutes to load up, depending on how much music you have on the drive...
I have Music & Movies on mine, works very well indeed...

2> The black "jack type" socket and cable on the rear (above the GPS aerial). Is that the TMC aerial?

Yes, this is for the TMC input

If you need a Mod Kit..have a look at the links below !

3> Has anybody managed to get an Iphone to sync with it via bluetooth?

Again, yes !...I listen to my iPhone via the Bluetooth Music option, rather than the iPod option...It won't sysnc phonebooks though if that's what your thinking..

I'm just about to see if I can adapt an old Harmony front plate to make a fake cover to hide the DD. Strategically placed velcro under the eyebrow may just work. I'll update if I get a result.

baconbuttyman
10th July 2011, 15:37
i used my phone to listen to music. via blu tooth

taffyduck
24th July 2011, 22:46

I take it you formated it with fat32, but how many patitions did you make as fat32 only has a max of 32GB, 15?:cool:

or have i missed somthing :shrug:

Thanks

Paul

MARKUK
24th July 2011, 22:57
You know I can't quite remember !...

But it's the whole 500 gigs on one partition I think...

Check out the software, it's free for personal use :D