PDA

View Full Version : sat navs

Justin Greenwood
16th August 2007, 17:00
Hiya

thanks for letting me join, just bought a MG ZT, thinking about a decent sat nav for about say roughly 200 pounds, one that will tell you where all the cash cows sorry safety cameras are, anyone one here got any advice about them please, also would like the type that can be upgraded via the internet

cheers all and have fun

Justin

paddymcn
16th August 2007, 17:19
I have the 'ay to be' running other software. With a little tweaking I also have it playing movies and music videos. They're going for £50 now on @bay...

Cuda-uk
16th August 2007, 18:40
I use a Tom Tom 910, with all the camera software added, it updates its self when I connect it to the internet I also use it as my hands free kit for my phone via bluetooth it also reads out all my text messages to me, I dont leave home without it these days..

Tootall
16th August 2007, 19:10
I have a Garmin nuvi 310 with the traffic info receiver and Garmin saftey camera database which for the first 90 days is free.

oakridge
16th August 2007, 20:35
We bought a TomTom One 3 weeks ago. We tried it on the Saturday and went to our daughter's for lunch on the Sunday. Our HGV driver son-in-law asked if he could try it and we haven't seen it since. I think he likes it. I rang Kathryn today if she knew anyone who might have a sat-nav that we might borrow sometime.

Malcolm

Raistlin
16th August 2007, 20:35
Another vote for the Tomtom, although mine is the 510, it is exactly the same in terms of dimentions as the 710 or 910.

Best of all it fits neatly in the cubby hole by the driver's right knee with a permanent mounting so can be left in situ as it cannot be seen unless somebody really gets up close to the driver's window.

I no longer use it as a hands-free but when I did it performed faultlessly.

It automatically downloads latest ephemera data when you dock it to your PC so never takes very long to get a fix.

Tom Collins
17th August 2007, 08:42
I too have a TomTom 910. It works superbly, got it off ebay for £230. Although it was a USA one so I had to buy a home charger plug adaptor.
I haven't plugged it into the pc yet. Just used it straight out of the box.
Got to Spain without the use of a map. Didn't make one wrong turn. :)

Christopher
17th August 2007, 09:09
I use CoPilot Live Vers 6 - it is a Windows Mobile 5 programme and so runs on any Smartphone. Works very well - the software (from memory) costs about £110 including a bluetooth GPS unit itself.

wutang
17th August 2007, 09:12
Garmin C550, all of europe, bluetooth, traffic master, text to speech and mp3 player etc. paid £190 speed camera data base off the garmin website.

Have used it all over europe without a problem, and garmins customer service is streets ahead of tom tom.

Richard

JohnDotCom
17th August 2007, 10:59
By the way Justin :welcome: to the Club. :)

adysiflori
17th August 2007, 11:47
If anyone needs free speed camera downloads for " tom tom, navman, garmin and magellan.. heres the place to get them..its free to join at the moment..download also includes red light camers.
p.s I have a navman 720 which has a built in camera. £130.

http://www.poigenie.co.uk/speed_cameras