PDA

View Full Version : Record no of TV/Radio channels.

VVC-Geeza
24th July 2011, 18:53
I spent a pleasant afternoon today in the aeropark at East Midlands Airport,and on returning to the car decided to tune my DVBT box to watch a bit of telly.It picked up a record (for me) 83 TV channels and 44 Radio stations :bowdown: Is anyone able to beat that?

I still find that i need to retune the box after only travelling a short distance on most occasions and the picture does tend to break up as soon as i start to move.However, a few times, on very open flat terrain i have managed to receive a good picture for some distance while on the move.The main thing is,i can spend a short time retuning in virtually any location and receive first class pictures :)

MARKUK
24th July 2011, 23:02
Mick,

I know you are probably aware of this but....

Remember if your seen using the TV on the move it could mean at least 3 penalty points and possibly a charge of driving without due care or even dangerous driving !, even if you are a passenger as where the DD is, is in full view of the person driving !..

Dragrad
25th July 2011, 00:20
Digital TV, by its very nature is not for mobile use. The signal has to be constant and stationary, and in my experience even that does not always give you a good picture all of the time :(

Technological progress does not mean that it is better for all circumstances :(

VVC-Geeza
25th July 2011, 08:32
Mick,

I know you are probably aware of this but....

Remember if your seen using the TV on the move it could mean at least 3 penalty points and possibly a charge of driving without due care or even dangerous driving !, even if you are a passenger as where the DD is, is in full view of the person driving !..

Yep,fully aware of that Mark.I was just pointing that it is mentioned in the spec for these units/DVBT boxes that the pic is meant to be good at up to 50mph,and that generally this was not my experience.As Dragrad points out,the signal needs to be constant and stationary.