PDA

View Full Version : North West region. Hollow tree. 3rd Aug, 8pm.

James.uk
26th July 2011, 23:34
"The Hollow Tree" - WA4 4LX .. http://www.pub-explorer.com/cheshire/pub/hollowtreestretton.htm

A meeting will be held at the Hollow Tree on the first Wednesday in August at 8PM.

Purpose:- To have a quiet drink and chat with friends... :} (This meeting was requested by Stevo Snr at the last Yorkie meet) ;)

Those attending:---

Jimbo..
James..
Stevo SNR..
Steve.. (Firefly)
Paul.. (Scouce1958)

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

J1MBO
27th July 2011, 07:06
Hi James

Good idea for an evening get together during the week innit, I'll be there mate.

Cheers
Jim

stevo snr
27th July 2011, 08:11
You know I'll be there!!!

firefly
27th July 2011, 09:49
Hi James,

Yes, I should be able to be there.
Many thanks,

Steve

Scouse1958
27th July 2011, 10:04
Hi James put me down for this as well :)

Paul

James.uk
27th July 2011, 14:35
Yay.. Nice not to be alone innit.. lmho... :bowdown:

fse73549
30th July 2011, 20:15
Please be aware,this is not an official 75andZT Club meet,and as such is not covered by the Clubs Public Liability Insurance,also the Club take no responsibility for the meet in any way.

It was given as an idea while at the Yorkie meet that we should try an evening meet once a month at the Hollow Tree. On the first Wednesday of each month just for a quick meet a pint (perhaps!) and if anyone wants to see what a good meet should look like, go to one of the Yorkie meets, great bunch of lads and aways a good turn out and a good location.

There are now 4 of us that go over that big hill, just go and have a look at the pics to see what can be done.

Hope to see some faces at the Hollow Tree next Wednesday I know short notice but 4 of us did say we would try to make it and it is only 1 hour out of your life (better that watching the **** on the telly)!

James.uk
31st July 2011, 00:53
Tsk tsk.. Already done a thread for that meet.. Do try to keep up ya Wally... lol.. :D :D :D :D

fse73549
31st July 2011, 07:10
Sorry I didn't see it the old eyes are failing on me!!

stocktake
31st July 2011, 07:51
You and anybody else are always welcome at the yorkie meets, it would appear we have been allocated our own seperate carpark for forthcoming meets as well :D

James.uk
31st July 2011, 12:36
>>>Sorry I didn't see it the old eyes are failing on me!!<<<

Fawt you had a guide dog innit? :D Box his ears, and tell him to smarten up.. lol...

Dave's (Stocktake) right, Yorkie meets rule, I love the Yorkie meets and fortunately they are not far from me, only 40 odd miles innit, and a lovely drive through the Peaks as well.. :} :} :}

Actually Etherow Country Park would be a good place for the North West meetings, but it would have to be an evening meeting as it gets too crowded during the daytime.. But --- The pesky café shuts at 5PM!! :(

fse73549
31st July 2011, 13:26
You will have to take your butties and flask James.

Dragrad
1st August 2011, 00:48
Tsk tsk.. Already done a thread for that meet.. Do try to keep up ya Wally... lol.. :D :D :D :D
Threads merged ;) May as well keep on one thread :D

James.uk
1st August 2011, 01:00
I do, I do, I take them almost every day. :D Mainly coz I'm too tight to buy stuff even when the café's open innit.. lmho :D :D :D

Thanks Andrew.. :)

James.uk
1st August 2011, 01:05
Dave, don't forget the free car park allocation is dependant on them being informed of the meeting beforehand. So someone needs to let them know times and dates asap really.. :}

fse73549
1st August 2011, 19:48
I am ok to go now as I now have a nice new MOT.

Dog has been told off but he did say he is a sheep dog so not much good at being a guide dog so that explains it then lol :D

Scouse1958
1st August 2011, 19:55
I am ok to go now as I now have a nice new MOT.

Dog has been told off but he did say he is a sheep dog so not much good at being a guide dog so that explains it then lol :D

Look forward to meeting you again :)

Paul

James.uk
3rd August 2011, 17:05
Arghhh, car stopped locally today, luckily (?) I was only 300 yards from my usual garage, spoke to my mechanic and long story short it's in his garage now. :o

So --- This does mean I am unable to get to the meeting tonight, sorry lads... :shrug: :o

J1MBO
3rd August 2011, 17:28
Arghhh, car stopped locally today, luckily (?) I was only 300 yards from my usual garage, spoke to my mechanic and long story short it's in his garage now. :o

So --- This does mean I am unable to get to the meeting tonight, sorry lads... :shrug: :o

Pity James, mind you that's what happens when you have a diesel lol.

James.uk
3rd August 2011, 17:39
Hiya Jimbo.. .... Take that ya cheeky plonker!! :twonk:

Oh and Scouse (Paul wiv the Black MG) has hurt his foot so can't make tonight either,,,, :(

He sends his opolagies... :o
...l

J1MBO
3rd August 2011, 22:32
Not the best of turn outs for the mini get together tonight at the Hollow Tree, just me and Steve (firefly) nice chat however. Hopefully we'll be able to generate a bit more interest for future meets.

fse73549
3rd August 2011, 22:53
What time did you get there as I was there at 8.20 and no one seemed to have turned up so went home. Where you hiding or just got there a bit later?

stevo snr
4th August 2011, 00:23
I was a little late about 8:20, drove like hell, no Rovers and no one that I knew, sat on the seat for an hour outside near the door, no one turned up, THANKS A LOT NORTH WEST!!! after all it was my idea, for an evening meet once a month, even brought some pictures of the Germany trip.

Maybe you should all stick to talking **** on here with James, I'm going to stick with Yorkshire and Midlands. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

J1MBO
4th August 2011, 09:01
What time did you get there as I was there at 8.20 and no one seemed to have turned up so went home. Where you hiding or just got there a bit later?

Arrived just before 8:00 and saw Steve (firefly) touring the car park. Parked in the car park near the side entrance just on the left as you turn right into the car park from Hall Lane, I'd been to the inaugural Sunday meet in January and that's the parking area Mike had organised with the pub manager.

I was a little late about 8:20, drove like hell, no Rovers and no one that I knew, sat on the seat for an hour outside near the door, no one turned up, THANKS A LOT NORTH WEST!!! after all it was my idea, for an evening meet once a month, even brought some pictures of the Germany trip.

Maybe you should all stick to talking **** on here with James, I'm going to stick with Yorkshire and Midlands. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Don't think there's much point spitting your dummy out over it:confused:. Rather than sitting at the door it might have been an idea to have a walk round all the car parks to see if anybody had arrived prior to you. If you'd done that you'd have found a posiedon V8, a starlight silver CDT and a couple of gents in deep conversation.

Really sorry that we didn't all find each other and hope it's not going to put a dampner on future meets in the NW, I for one will be there 8:00pm 1st September 2011 and I know Steve will be as well.

Regards

J1MBO
4th August 2011, 09:23
Just an update to my previous post this is where me and Steve were parked last night

James.uk
4th August 2011, 14:24
Hi lads, again my apologies for not making it last night, good news is my mechanic has found the prob. I will put the details on the other thread.

Re the meeting, good job you posted that pic up Jimbo coz I didn't know about that car park either... do'hh :o

And I will be there at the next meet at 8pm on the first of September, so will Paul (Scouce) I think... :}

There is also a good chance the Robert (Frank insenced) will be there if he see's these threads, he has always supported us in the past. :D

fse73549
4th August 2011, 18:48
That explains why I saw no one as you were hiding round the back. Lets hope we can get it better sorted next time.

James.uk
4th August 2011, 19:23
I'm trying not to giggle here. Seems at last nights meeting, we had two members chatting in the rear carpark, one sat in the pub guarding the door, and another one wandering round the main car park --- all wonderind where the others were---------- :o

At the next meet, I will draw an arrow pointing towards where my car is parked... If someone else gets there before me they can rub the arrow out so I know they have arrived.. Simplzzzs innit.... :D :D :D

Frank Incensed
4th August 2011, 22:29
And I will be there at the next meet at 8pm on the first of September, so will Paul (Scouce) I think... :}

There is also a good chance the Robert (Frank insenced) will be there if he see's these threads :D

Hi Everyone.

Wanted to go to the Yorkshire meet but Mrs Incensed dragged me off to a hotel in the Lake Districthttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif Did get to go over Wrynose and Hardknott Passes for the first time in 25 years though and saw the mighty Vulcan at the Windermere Air Festival, so it wasn't all bad!!http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
Missed seeing this threaduntil tonight. All being well though, I should be able to make 1st September, even if I'm a little late due to early evening commitments. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

stevo snr
5th August 2011, 07:57
O.K. let's start again next month, after all it wouldn't have been so bad if we had known there was a hidden car park. [last week didn't happen] :):):):)

J1MBO
5th August 2011, 09:10
I'm trying not to giggle here. Seems at last nights meeting, we had two members chatting in the rear carpark, one sat in the pub guarding the door, and another one wandering round the main car park --- all wonderind where the others were---------- :o

At the next meet, I will draw an arrow pointing towards where my car is parked... If someone else gets there before me they can rub the arrow out so I know they have arrived.. Simplzzzs innit.... :D :D :D

Yes mate, it'd be funny if it wasn't so sad

Hi Everyone.

Wanted to go to the Yorkshire meet but Mrs Incensed dragged me off to a hotel in the Lake Districthttp://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon9.gif Did get to go over Wrynose and Hardknott Passes for the first time in 25 years though and saw the mighty Vulcan at the Windermere Air Festival, so it wasn't all bad!!http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
Missed seeing this threaduntil tonight. All being well though, I should be able to make 1st September, even if I'm a little late due to early evening commitments. http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Be nice to meet you again.

O.K. let's start again next month, after all it wouldn't have been so bad if we had known there was a hidden car park. [last week didn't happen] :):):):)

Sounds good to me, looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers
Jim

James.uk
5th August 2011, 13:47
Sounds good to me, then we could lay plans to invade the Yokie bunch innit.. :D :D :D

We could also put Tims sheepdog to good use, it can round us all up, heh heh.. :}

fse73549
5th August 2011, 21:17
Good luck if you think he could round owt up.
I am sure we will get it sorted next time, we will get our meets as good as the Yorkie meets (fingers crossed). I think we may need to come up with some other ideas with the colder season coming from next month. Like the trip to wales etc or we say *** the cars and sit in a nice warm pub with a big open fire!!

Scouse1958
5th August 2011, 21:19
Sorry i could not make it but could hardly walk and had to go to hospital to get it sorted sorry for not making it guys

Paul

NM02 AZG
6th August 2011, 17:03
I shall try to make next month's meet, as suggested by Robert when I met him by chance this morning. :}

James.uk
6th August 2011, 17:41
Recovering from a chance meeting with Robert may take a while, but at least you have three weeks or so.. Be nice to see you though... :}

firefly
15th August 2011, 12:48
Yes, vety sorry we didn't all manage to find each other at the August meeting. I can definitely be there again at 8 p.m. on 1st September - but I note that this will be a Thursday - are we not meeting on the first WEDNESDAY of the month, i.e. 7th Sept?

Steve (firefly)

James.uk
15th August 2011, 14:50
Yep, you are correct, first wednesday is the 7th... I will endevour to attend on that day.. :D