PDA

View Full Version : What do you think this is worth?

lady zed
27th July 2011, 19:08
Same as ours but our canvas is ripped , probably beyond repair and it's Ģ1000 for a new canvas..........

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/conway-cruiser-folding-camper-1991-model/84887444

Roverowner
27th July 2011, 19:35
Would think that a good sailmaker would be able to repair yours. Or is it too far gone:shrug:

Poppy
27th July 2011, 19:36
Same as ours but our canvas is ripped , probably beyond repair and it's Ģ1000 for a new canvas..........

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/conway-cruiser-folding-camper-1991-model/84887444

Hiya Anna... to be honest I do not have a clue...:shrug:...But a grand and a half seems an awful lot of money to me... Especially as you say, if it needs Ģ1000 spending on it..:shrug::confused:

Roverowner
27th July 2011, 19:47
You could buy mine;)

Ros3
27th July 2011, 20:05
Hiya....Okay.. Must stop now otherwise this will be construed as spam no doubt. Poppy

Ha.. ha ha. Aye best no push our luck..:)

lady zed
27th July 2011, 20:46
Would think that a good sailmaker would be able to repair yours. Or is it too far gone:shrug:

There's a place the other side of scotland who does repairs, but first checks the quality of the material to make sure it's worth repairing. I think maybe this weekend we'll need to make a decision about the future of ours, save or scrap...............:shrug:

Poppy
27th July 2011, 20:49
There's a place the other side of scotland who does repairs, but first checks the quality of the material to make sure it's worth repairing. I think maybe this weekend we'll need to make a decision about the future of ours, save or scrap...............:shrug:

Argh, Soo sorry Anna, I did not realise it was your own that was up for sale... Me and my big mouth...:shrug: Out of here..:)

lady zed
27th July 2011, 21:01
Argh, Soo sorry Anna, I did not realise it was your own that was up for sale... Me and my big mouth...:shrug: Out of here..:)

No, it's not mine, it's in way better nick than mine!

Poppy
27th July 2011, 21:04
No, it's not mine, it's in way better nick than mine!

LOL. Sorry Anna, but as I say, not really into this kind of thing... Another stupid Poppy post me thinks...:shrug:;)

derekosb
27th July 2011, 21:34
Hi Anna,

I have a new tenant in Stevenston who manufactures boat covers who I can ask if they could do a repair? How bad is the rip?

Derek

lady zed
27th July 2011, 22:20
Hi Anna,

I have a new tenant in Stevenston who manufactures boat covers who I can ask if they could do a repair? How bad is the rip?

Derek

Ooh! It's an L shape, about 10" long roughly. But the canvas is old, it was a gust of wind in Arisaig that caught it as we were trying to get it down. See what he says, would save me a trip to Musselburgh! I'll get those bits on Sun? x

derekosb
27th July 2011, 22:25
Ooh! It's an L shape, about 10" long roughly. But the canvas is old, it was a gust of wind in Arisaig that caught it as we were trying to get it down. See what he says, would save me a trip to Musselburgh! I'll get those bits on Sun? x

Okay, I'll have a quick chat with him and see what he thinks. It may be the canvas is too "perished" to repair but let's see.

Cool, I'll have a lot of bits with me on Sunday so will have your bits too.

Thanks,

Derek

lady zed
27th July 2011, 22:34
Okay, I'll have a quick chat with him and see what he thinks. It may be the canvas is too "perished" to repair but let's see.

Cool, I'll have a lot of bits with me on Sunday so will have your bits too.

Thanks,

Derek

Thanks Derek. Will you have the girls with you? Lewis is asking lol! :D:D

derekosb
27th July 2011, 22:37
Thanks Derek. Will you have the girls with you? Lewis is asking lol! :D:D

Both girls have said they will be coming although think it funny that Daddy is going to a Rover meet in his new Jaguar ...... :D:D

Heather may change her mind (she is nearly 10 after all....) but I'm sure Laura will come. :}

Derek

James_Death
31st July 2011, 22:48
You could buy mine;)

Is that a cat flap on the end...:D

Roverowner
1st August 2011, 06:27
Is that a cat flap on the end...:D

Always wondered what it was:D

All mod cons 1958 style;) Got a new cover for it. Hasnīt been used for a couple of years. Excellent condition. They didnīt make many. Brain child of the MD of one of Scanias factorys. so the blokes who made these made the lorrys aswell;). His name was Alfred Jonsson so it was called -Alfredo-:D