PDA

View Full Version : DD volume

wnj516
1st August 2011, 13:41
Does anyone know how i can adjust the volume of the TA anouncements in my DD unit ( one of the last batch) it currently blurts out the announcement over the radio prog or satnav at approx 20 on the slider scale. i have tried various settings but cannot get this to be quiter
Thanks
Nigel

tony_fry
1st August 2011, 17:56
Does anyone know how i can adjust the volume of the TA anouncements in my DD unit ( one of the last batch) it currently blurts out the announcement over the radio prog or satnav at approx 20 on the slider scale. i have tried various settings but cannot get this to be quiter
Thanks
Nigel

There are two options:-

Turn off the TA on the lower part of the screen, which is what most people have done.

Second is when the TA cuts in turn the volume down to a reasonable level, it "should" hold it at that volume.

wnj516
1st August 2011, 18:31
Thanks Tony,
When you say turn down the volume, the first time an announcement is made, and it should hold to that set volume whilst the radio/satnav is still powered up, and the repeat this when it's powered up afresh.
This volume adjustment must then be made in the settings page i presume, and not by the volume control knob on the front of the DD unit
Nigel

tony_fry
2nd August 2011, 05:43
Thanks Tony,
When you say turn down the volume, the first time an announcement is made, and it should hold to that set volume whilst the radio/satnav is still powered up, and the repeat this when it's powered up afresh.
This volume adjustment must then be made in the settings page i presume, and not by the volume control knob on the front of the DD unit
Nigel

Hi Nigel

I found if you made the volume adjustment via the volume control knob on the head unit, it switched over to TA at a much lower volume, its just a matter of playing around with it.

I have the TMC unit so I turned off the TA on the head unit.