PDA

View Full Version : Ye Oldie DD unit is playing up?

Mr Edd
1st August 2011, 22:06
I have one of the older Units of Sean's. A few weeks ago I had reason to disconnect the battery (that's another thread). Now the SatNav has gone all gibberish on me. I haven't had need to use it for the last few weeks until today.

It thinks it is in France although all the menus are in English but I can't get it past a French or Paris address, and I am in the Midlands.

It now interrupts the radio all the time but I only hear a faint whisper of a voice. And on boot up all the buttons are in Mandarin (well I assume its Mandarin).

I've forgotten how to set it up, so has anyone got a simple "how to", with pictures, for idiots like me?

Also all my history locations and favorites have disappeared.

Talk about the blind leading the blind, or just talk amongst ourselves on here and I will pick up the medieval crumbs to go with my oldie worldly DD unit. :)

Edd

VVC-Geeza
1st August 2011, 23:19
I'll leave it to Mark to talk you through resetting it Edd but i fear finding myself in this position through a battery disconnection.I'm going to make notes of all my Nav settings so i will be able to restore them in the event of a power interuption.Mark did say that you are meant to be able to store the Nav imformation but he hadn't been able to get the unit to remember it.I have a jump starter/charger which links the cigar lighter sockets of two cars.I wonder if that would retain the settings in the event of a battery disconnection on the 75?

MARKUK
2nd August 2011, 20:42
Edd

Try a 2 hour total battery disconnect and then see what happens...

tony_fry
3rd August 2011, 06:33
I have one of the older Units of Sean's. A few weeks ago I had reason to disconnect the battery (that's another thread). Now the SatNav has gone all gibberish on me. I haven't had need to use it for the last few weeks until today.

It thinks it is in France although all the menus are in English but I can't get it past a French or Paris address, and I am in the Midlands.

It now interrupts the radio all the time but I only hear a faint whisper of a voice. And on boot up all the buttons are in Mandarin (well I assume its Mandarin).

I've forgotten how to set it up, so has anyone got a simple "how to", with pictures, for idiots like me?

Also all my history locations and favorites have disappeared.

Talk about the blind leading the blind, or just talk amongst ourselves on here and I will pick up the medieval crumbs to go with my oldie worldly DD unit. :)

Edd

Ed,

If you pm me your telephone number I will go through the settings with you whilst I am in the car.