PDA

View Full Version : Can't connect to net with IE

Paranoid Carlos
21st August 2007, 09:32
As above, Firefox connects no problem at all, but have got back into the habit of using IE7, after about 5 minutes still on 3 blocks at the bottom.

I have run Avast antivirus, spyblaster, spybot, all up to date definitions re installed IE 7

Any ideas........ been trying for hours now got a feeling it happened after my youngest was on a games site last week.:shrug:

BMC123
21st August 2007, 13:08
Not a new problem by any means.... read through this lot, it should help

http://kierenmccarthy.co.uk/2006/03/21/internet-explorer-7-tearing-my-hair-out/

Hampton Caught
24th August 2007, 13:15
As above, Firefox connects no problem at all, but have got back into the habit of using IE7, after about 5 minutes still on 3 blocks at the bottom.

I have run Avast antivirus, spyblaster, spybot, all up to date definitions re installed IE 7

Any ideas........ been trying for hours now got a feeling it happened after my youngest was on a games site last week.:shrug:

Sounds familiar..... have exactly the same issue at home. I suspect it's the same reason too - my son playing on addicting games and other games sites. We've got 'protection' from viruses, spies etc but IE just hangs then comes up with the error message that it couldn't connect. I can't even access the link BMC123 has given as the IT system at work won't let me go there.

I am stuck! I'm thinking of ditching the assorted subscriptions for anti-virus etc and getting Norton's suite as a bundle and hoping that does the trick. If it doesn't and I still can't access the net to update etc, I'm over the proverbial barrel.

On another note, there aren't any mentions of barrels in the book of Proverbs, to my knowledge!

Any suggestions, guys'n'gerls?

Steve