PDA

View Full Version : yorkie meet

actros
2nd August 2011, 18:45
Hi all you Yorkies a meet on the 20th August 10 /10.30 am.

Please be aware this is not an offical 75/zt club meet and is not covered by the clubs insurerance. The club takes no responsibility for the meet.

THRYBERGH COUNTRY PARK
DONCASTER ROAD
THRYBERGH
ROTHERHAM
S65 4NU

Names
1 actros
2 customs inc
3 pab
4 tatts
5 bernard1971
6 stocktake
7 james uk
8 willshot
9 fse73549
10 glen (stannington)
11 timbop p6
12 scouse1958
13 slippy (poss)
14 jubby
15 swinnie
16 bigruss
17 johnwh74 (poss)
19 andy willi
20 raynor
21 damienp (poss)

Hodgy
2nd August 2011, 18:52
Hi all you Yorkies a meet on the 20th August 10 /10.30 am.

Please be aware this is not an offical 75/zt club meet and is not covered by the clubs insurerance. The club takes no responsibility for the meet.

THRYBERGH COUNTRY PARK
DONCASTER ROAD
THRYBERGH
ROTHERHAM
S65 4NU

Names
1 actros + wife

Yes please :D

pab
2nd August 2011, 19:07
.. and if you would like to add my name also,i would be much obliged.

Tatts
2nd August 2011, 19:08
Aye, I'm in!

Glad you're organising this one Bri.

The Head Ranger spoke to me at the last one, you'll need to let them know we're coming. They will open up a seperate parking area for us - basically the field opposite the gates you drive out of. Won't be as dusty anyway!

Also, everyone must pay for the parking (70p will cover it), as the council outsourced their parking enforcement to a private company, and they will ticket cars that have not paid; currently £35 fine.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/Barnsley_Tatts/Park.jpg

ssizefive
2nd August 2011, 19:24
Oh dear, I'm away that weekend so i wont be able to attend this one:(. I will make sure i get to the next one.

Steve

James.uk
2nd August 2011, 19:39
:confused: . :rolleyes: . Can't make this one, am away that week.... :cry:.. Sorry.. :o

I thought the man said parking in that field was free? Provided we let them know when we were coming. Fees only applied to the actual car parks..? :shrug:

Someone needs to ring them for a chat... :}

Tatts
2nd August 2011, 20:36
I thought the man said parking in that field was free? Provided we let them know when we were coming. Fees only applied to the actual car parks..? :shrug:

I couldn't quite remember what he said, so I said we have to pay, and when Bri phones them, and they confirm we don't, then it's a bonus innit??! :D

Jake
2nd August 2011, 21:25
Have a hi-line install to do for a member that day, and I'm not doing this one in a field again!

Have a great time.

J

bernard1971
2nd August 2011, 22:31
newbie ill be there if its ok

pab
2nd August 2011, 22:34
newbie ill be there if its okyour more than wecome..

stocktake
3rd August 2011, 07:52
I should be there :)
Bri, did you try and phone me last night??

stevo snr
3rd August 2011, 08:45
Might be able to make it for a couple of hours and breakfast, football season started. :D

willshot
4th August 2011, 17:03
Can you put my name down for this event, please, Brian.

stocktake
4th August 2011, 17:18
Can you put my name down for this event, please, Brian.

Stocktake falls off his chair whilst still sober.......a very rare event :D

fse73549
4th August 2011, 18:53
Will try to make it as the dog likes the walk round the lake and at least more than 2 turn up for your meets!! :)

willshot
5th August 2011, 06:32
Stocktake falls off his chair whilst still sober.......a very rare event :D

Only one answer to that, Mr Stocktake - WHATEVER !!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Tatts
5th August 2011, 09:10
Stocktake sober??? Is there a world shortage of Southern Comfort now??! :D

starbug2
5th August 2011, 15:20
Bev has a mg meet on the Sunday so not sure if available

stanningtonglen
5th August 2011, 19:50
Hi all, put me down for this please

Timbo.P6
6th August 2011, 17:45
put me down for this please

Scouse1958
6th August 2011, 19:26
Put me down for this as well please :)

Paul

stocktake
6th August 2011, 20:27
Just a note, if we have a field, bring yer chairs :)

Tatts
6th August 2011, 20:52
Just a note, if we have a field, bring yer chairs :)

I'd have thought sheep & wellies more appropriate! :D

Brian - have you spoke to the head ranger bloke yet?

stocktake
6th August 2011, 21:04

you keep your preferences to yersen

Brian - have you spoke to the head ranger bloke yet?
Wrong number on the wbsite, he is looking into it. :shrug::getmecoat: maybe a visit is in order from somebody close ;)

slippy
7th August 2011, 08:55
What goes off at your meets then as Im new to the 75/ZT but had an MGF for a couple of years & only been to 2 or 3 F / TF meets.
If I can escape, I could pop along for an hour as its near by? :shrug:

stocktake
7th August 2011, 09:06
What goes off at your meets then as Im new to the 75/ZT but had an MGF for a couple of years & only been to 2 or 3 F / TF meets.
If I can escape, I could pop along for an hour as its near by? :shrug:

Nothing is planned it's more of a social thing, all meet up, talk, take the mickey, have a coffee some will have a walk around the park, take the kids to the play area, feed the ducks. Swap ideas about anything and every thing, look at each others dints, dents and mods :) Help and offer info to anyone who wants or needs it. starts around 10:30 peoplw come and go all day till around 2pm

slippy
7th August 2011, 10:05
Nothing is planned it's more of a social thing, all meet up, talk, take the mickey, have a coffee some will have a walk around the park, take the kids to the play area, feed the ducks. Swap ideas about anything and every thing, look at each others dints, dents and mods :) Help and offer info to anyone who wants or needs it. starts around 10:30 peoplw come and go all day till around 2pm

Sounds good to me, I will try to call for an hour or so then & you can all swarm over my car & tell me what I need to do / buy next & I can steal some ideas ;)

actros
7th August 2011, 11:57

Brian - have you spoke to the head ranger bloke yet?Hi Tatts i have been trying to get intouch with them but have had no joy phone number on web site out of service and i got a other number but that was no good so i may try and get in touch with Rotherham coucil and maybe they have got a new number.

stocktake
7th August 2011, 16:08
Stop making excuses little man, just get on with it :D

actros
8th August 2011, 20:17
Stop making excuses little man, just get on with it :DHave now got it sorted spoke to them today and all being well we will have the field.:D:D:D:p::p::p:

James.uk
9th August 2011, 01:42
If --- it rains, peeps will have to drive carefully so as not to turn the field into a mud bath... :D

Also need a marshal to view and make sure no one parks at the foot of a slope they may not be able to get back up, grass can be very slippery... :o

*Fingers crossed the field is fairly flat* :D :D

swinnie
10th August 2011, 20:08
Put me down for this please. Will try and drag kids along aswell.

Thanks Derek

James.uk
11th August 2011, 17:18
Change in plans. :} I can make this meeting now. Plzzz add me to the list. :}

stevo snr
12th August 2011, 09:39
Last minute problems at home can't make this one.

BigRuss
13th August 2011, 19:42
I'll be there as usual :}

Russ

slippy
14th August 2011, 17:11
I'll be there as usual :}

Russ

Cool, that might be very handy if someone has their diagnostics, light switching off & re setting gubbins with them ;)

johnwh74
14th August 2011, 17:53
If i can get away in time then i will pop my head in and say hello :}

jubby
16th August 2011, 18:59
hi gents.hoping to meet fellow members here.have been trying to upload some pictures of my car,failing miserably,could anyone pleasetake photos and upload them for me,it would be apreciated as am total technophobe.regards ken.

Hodgy
17th August 2011, 16:05
Sorry all, I can't make this one. I'm working this weekend.
Hope you all enjoy yourselfs ;)

Cheers
Alan

stevo snr
18th August 2011, 09:28
Hope to be there in the morning only, car passed it's MOT

Customs Inc
18th August 2011, 09:44
I'll come!

pab
18th August 2011, 10:25
I'll come!Look forward to meeting you,actros will add your name to the list..

andy willi
18th August 2011, 14:39
wont miss this one i hope see you all there

damienp
18th August 2011, 15:45
I will ask the gaffer tonight about attending this one. It's her birthday today, so whilst she's in a good mood whilst we dine out tonight, i'll pop the question lol. D puts his left tatty on the line for this meet. :getmecoat:

stocktake
18th August 2011, 15:57
I will ask the gaffer tonight about attending this one. It's her birthday today, so whilst she's in a good mood whilst we dine out tonight, i'll pop the question lol. D puts his left tatty on the line for this meet. :getmecoat:

Tell her to bring some bread to feed the swans, geese and ducks, keep her happy for hours ;)

Raynor
19th August 2011, 10:25
Ill be there with Andy Willi and the new addition to the family :D

actros
19th August 2011, 10:41
List is now up to 21 The meet will be in the field as you drive in its the over flow car park on the right (all being well ) was in touch with them and they are going to pass it onto the head warden so he can open the gates for us there will be a car park charge its not a lot so do remember to get a parking ticket.

damienp
19th August 2011, 19:59
Tell her to bring some bread to feed the swans, geese and ducks, keep her happy for hours ;)

No need to..... she's got to go to work tomorrow now, so see you there. :cool:

fse73549
19th August 2011, 20:36
I now have to work on saturday but if I get done for dinner will try to get over for an hour. Looks like it will be a good turn out (as normal for a Yorkie meet!)

slippy
20th August 2011, 06:47
Looking forward to meeting you all & stealing some ideas :p:

See ya in a bit :D

pab
20th August 2011, 14:32
A very enjoyable meet,the weather was very kind too..the grass parking area of the over spill car proved a success.

Nice to meet a few new members and the usual great conversation and very nicely turned out cars.

stanningtonglen
20th August 2011, 16:40
Hi all, good to see to all again and some more new faces to, its was so much better on the grass, Damionp that is one nice V8 you have there and thanks for the cold air feed pipe,Bernard1971 the company that re-worked my springs is called Coilsprings 1989 LTD www.coilsprings.co.uk (http://www.coilsprings.co.uk) Tell 01142758573 they charged me £80 for mine

Wolves 75
20th August 2011, 18:17
Come on, someone must have some photo's............

:wantpics:

BigRuss
20th August 2011, 18:20
Only just got back, a good meet as usual, great to see you all.

Perfect weather as usual.

I was a bit busy so appologies to those I didn't get a chance to speak to.

Russ

windrush
20th August 2011, 18:26
Another successful Yorkie meet by the look of things looking forward to som pictures

Tatts
20th August 2011, 18:31
Only just got back

You were in Rovrum all that time??? :eek:

Another successful Yorkie meet by the look of things looking forward to som pictures

Mrs Stocktake was busy with the camera. Wonder if she managed to snap the breakfast thief red handed??! :D

Top of my head is a bit red. Hate the sun at times!

Another cracking turn out. Thought the field parking was great, much better than the dusty car park!

pab
20th August 2011, 18:40

:wantpics:Mrs stocktake must have taken a few shots :shrug:

Wolves 75
20th August 2011, 18:42
Mrs stocktake must have taken a few shots :shrug:

Brandy or Vodka........;)

stocktake
20th August 2011, 18:45

:wantpics:

Here you go :)

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stocktake/Yorkie%20meet%20August%202011/?albumview=slideshow

stocktake
20th August 2011, 18:56
Wheel be seeing you soon :D :D :D guess the owner or if the owner recognises their own wheel Pab will add the name.

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stocktake/Wheels%20at%20the%20meet/?albumview=slideshow

1. tatts

2. pab

3. stocktake

4. bigruss

5. willshot

6. DamienP

7. bernard1971

8. scouse1958

9. stanningtonglen

10. actress :oh you:

pab
20th August 2011, 19:28
My usual ear bashing from actros..

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stocktake/Yorkie%20meet%20August%202011/P1060932.jpg

Parker
20th August 2011, 19:30
Custom inc remark removed and johnw74 as the remark was quoted.

Family forum please remember that, thanks

johnwh74
20th August 2011, 19:33
Wheel be seeing you soon :D :D :D

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff289/stocktake/Wheels%20at%20the%20meet/?albumview=slideshow

1. ..............................

2. pab..............................

3. stocktake

4. ..............................

5. ..............................

6. ..............................

7. ..............................

8. ..............................

9. ..............................

10. ............................

i got a question for you - why are my wheels not on there Mr Stocktake??? Were they not clean enough for you?? Were they not round enough for you?? I feel left out now :getmecoat::D

stocktake
20th August 2011, 19:34
My usual ear bashing from actros..

Look at the picture, Yer asleep :D :D :D

stocktake
20th August 2011, 19:35
i got a question for you - why are my wheels not on there Mr Stocktake??? Were they not clean enough for you?? Were they not round enough for you?? I feel left out now :getmecoat::D

Part timer, arrived too late, you and that willi geezer :p:

pab
20th August 2011, 19:38
Look at the picture, Yer asleep :D :D :DWhile you look on..Brian has the effect sometimes.

bernard1971
20th August 2011, 19:43
my wheels No7 i think
first meet I have attended superb location friendly members, should have brought my other half?
son loves to play in the woods
wonder if a bbq is ok in thrybergh c park

stocktake
20th August 2011, 19:48

my wheels No7 i think
first meet I have attended superb location friendly members, should have brought my other half?
son loves to play in the woods
wonder if a bbq is ok in thrybergh c park

Nice to meet you Bernard, glad you enjoyed it.
I was told that was the BBQ field we were using ;) :)

slippy
20th August 2011, 19:58
Well my intended 1 hour flying visit turned into 2.5hours. It was great to meet everyone & picked up a few tips too. I really enjoyed it. :}

Tatts
20th August 2011, 20:08

My knackered wheels - First photo.

While you look on..Brian has the effect sometimes.

Only sometimes???! :D:D:D

bernard1971
20th August 2011, 20:18
is there going to be another meet at thrybergh this year if so i could setup bbq maybe bring my trailer tent for cooking etc (wouldnt charge a lot for burgers honest) lol

windrush
20th August 2011, 20:28
Great pictures many thanks looks like a wonderful venue

James.uk
20th August 2011, 22:02
Nice meeting, loads of cars n people there as usual.. :} :D

Had a nightmare trip home though! :o .. Ran into stopped traffic somewhere deep in the Pennines, then saw a yellow helicopter come down, waited, Police cars wizzin about, noticed no traffic coming the other way, waited.. saw the copter fly off again, waited, Mr plod came walking along and told us the road ahead was closed, so we much all turn round and go back... he also said a diversion route was marked... he lied! :o

Turned sat-nav off, turned car round in a road 3 feet wide with a cliff on one side and a zillion foot drop on the other.. ( all right all right, but it was a bit tight) :} drove back to the first turn off, Plod had it blocked off, well they do don't they! ... :o

Ended up going back 14 miles to the big roundabout near the windmills. Then turned North toward Holmfirth.. After about ten miles thought I'd be clever, so turned the sat-nav back on and started doing what satnav Sally said, mistake! big mistake.. Huge in fact!! :o I drove down some roads that were narrower than garden paths!! I'm sure they were goat tracks! .. About 25 mins later I got back to the correct road home.. Then realised the I was still the wrong side of the blockage!!! Argghhh..:mad:

Anyway, long story short, I came back via Holmfirth and had all the diverted traffic to contend with, finally got home just after 5 pm... 2.1/2 hours for what should be just over an hours drive.. Do'hhh.... :o

The good news is.. it was a lovely afternoon, and I was nice n comfy in my 75 innit... :D

willshot
20th August 2011, 22:22
Yorkie meet up to it's usual (high) standard. Great to see the "old" regulars and some new faces. Weather was wonderful and the grass parking area was much better than the cramped dusty areas we've used before. I'm glad I didn't use the first entrance or my spoiler would have gone for a burton. Thanks for the audible warning !!!!!

1. tatts

2. pab

3. stocktake

4. ..............................

5. willshot

6. damianp

7. bernard1971

8. ..............................

9. stanningtonglen

10. ............................

woolleysox
21st August 2011, 06:46
I would be thankfull you can turn round and wernt part of the blockage. The plus side was a nice long ride in your 75.:D

:DNice meeting, loads of cars n people there as usual.. :} :D

Had a nightmare trip home though! :o .. Ran into stopped traffic somewhere deep in the Pennines, then saw a yellow helicopter come down, waited, Police cars wizzin about, noticed no traffic coming the other way, waited.. saw the copter fly off again, waited, Mr plod came walking along and told us the road ahead was closed, so we much all turn round and go back... he also said a diversion route was marked... he lied! :o

Turned sat-nav off, turned car round in a road 3 feet wide with a cliff on one side and a zillion foot drop on the other.. ( all right all right, but it was a bit tight) :} drove back to the first turn off, Plod had it blocked off, well they do don't they! ... :o

Ended up going back 14 miles to the big roundabout near the windmills. Then turned North toward Holmfirth.. After about ten miles thought I'd be clever, so turned the sat-nav back on and started doing what satnav Sally said, mistake! big mistake.. Huge in fact!! :o I drove down some roads that were narrower than garden paths!! I'm sure they were goat tracks! .. About 25 mins later I got back to the correct road home.. Then realised the I was still the wrong side of the blockage!!! Argghhh..:mad:

Anyway, long story short, I came back via Holmfirth and had all the diverted traffic to contend with, finally got home just after 5 pm... 2.1/2 hours for what should be just over an hours drive.. Do'hhh.... :o

The good news is.. it was a lovely afternoon, and I was nice n comfy in my 75 innit... :D

starbug2
21st August 2011, 07:24
some nice photos , i will have to pop up again some time and hopefully arrive in my car and not turn up in a certain some ones red ZTT

stanningtonglen
21st August 2011, 12:49
Hi all, 9 is mine :D

kissifer1972
21st August 2011, 13:44
Forgot all about it. Had a great time at the last one, and looks like this one was ever better attended.

Ah well maybe next time.

Pics looks great. Good job my beaten up 75 wasn't there.

pab
21st August 2011, 14:38
Hi all, 9 is mine :Dupdated..how could we forget your wheels ;)

James.uk
21st August 2011, 17:52
Anyone count the cars? Must have been close to a record attend innit?? :} :} :}
Though I did notice two regulars were missing, namely Fred and Dueltone??

stocktake
21st August 2011, 19:44
21 zt/75, a ZS and a tatty freelander :D :D

Customs Inc
22nd August 2011, 20:26
Tatty Freelander, pffft...

johnwh74
23rd August 2011, 06:36
Tatty Freelander, pffft...

That tatty freelander you're so keen to keep putting down is actually a forum members car. Maybe be tatty is a better way of putting it than your last comment that got deleted by the mods though:p:

Customs Inc
23rd August 2011, 11:09
That Freelander belongs to me buddy ;)

stocktake
23rd August 2011, 12:20
That Freelander belongs to me buddy ;)

:laughing2: :D :getmecoat:

Customs Inc
23rd August 2011, 12:30
Erm, this is a family forum I'd appreciate comments mad about my Freelander being tatty (which it's not it just needs a wash) being removed. It was my beard that was a bit tatty on the day.

Reebs
23rd August 2011, 13:21
Erm, this is a family forum I'd appreciate comments made about my Freelander being tatty (which it's not it just needs a wash) being removed. It was my beard that was a bit tatty on the day.

So perhaps it's the beard (being the actual tatty item in question) that should be removed then :D :zap:

Customs Inc
23rd August 2011, 13:45
It is possibly going soon as it is starting to frustrate my lips a bit, but then I might lose 50 quid from the original bet that started it all off. My barnet is due for a trim this week, which means it'll have to go or I'll look like Santa with a skinhead.

damienp
23rd August 2011, 15:19
I'll look like Santa with a skinhead.

Santa with a v8 would be better. ;)

As for the wheels, no 6 is mine.

Customs Inc
23rd August 2011, 16:13
Waiting for Greeners to get back to me about his that's for sale, so in a couple of weeks Santa might be laying some 11's in the snow.