PDA

View Full Version : dd unit

probester
3rd August 2011, 14:07
anybody in the glasgow or surrounding areas willing to help fit a dd unit had a look today and some wires connect ok and some spare and left with a large multi-plug that i cant see fitting anywhere , so at the end i have nothing connecting the dd unit to the wiring loom ( willing to pay ) to get it up and running CHEERS neil

Captain Leisure
3rd August 2011, 14:28
THere should be a large multiplug of some sort tucked out of the way further down somewhere, possibly behind the AC panel.

It'll either be the universal or BMW type (which needs an adaptor).

probester
3rd August 2011, 15:24
cheers mate i will have another look , if it is there will this run my freeview box power wise

Captain Leisure
3rd August 2011, 19:39
Well it'll have the permanent live, switched live and earth supplies for the head unit and I suppose if you identify them you could splice the DTV tuner power lead into them.

I guess there's probably a smarter way of doing it too?

Maybe someone with a lot more knowledge will be along.....

probester
3rd August 2011, 20:19
CHEERS for the info but definetaly can't find another lead anywhere

MARKUK
4th August 2011, 09:46
I am in Glasgow on the 16th & 17th if you need some assistance...

Will be in the G12 area

PM or email me.

Cheers

probester
4th August 2011, 13:39
thanks very much for your offer if i dont have it sorted before then i will give you a shout and meet you CHEERS

Captain Leisure
4th August 2011, 16:22
CHEERS for the info but definetaly can't find another lead anywhere

It's down there somewhere. You may have to take of fascia panels etc to find it. It may be tucked up/taped up the back of other wires. Mine took me a while to locate.

As I said, it'll either be a standard ISO connector or a BMW one which needs an adaptor.

Check out this thread to help you with wiring:

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=376873&highlight=Cables

It might help if you stick up a photo of what you've got already.

probester
4th August 2011, 16:33
is this the elusive plug i am looking for found this tucked at the very back after stripping out the front of the dash as told to , but this is still connected9679 if this is the one do i just disconect the orange and white plugs and hopefully they fit CHEERS again

Captain Leisure
4th August 2011, 17:03
Looks like an ISO connector. Well done :}

What stereo was in there before? I'm surprised it's still connected to something unless it's to the removeable plugs from the back of the old stereo unit which are still in the aperture?

If you plug the ISO plugs from your DD unit into the "discovered" connector it should power up.

probester
4th August 2011, 21:01
just finished messing about with it and it's all up and running ecept no radio stations short of a erial anybody any idea's and once again CHEERS to everybody that helped me

probester
4th August 2011, 22:00
just finished messing about with it and it's all up and running ecept no radio stations short of a erial anybody any idea's and once again CHEERS to everybody that helped me

HarryM1BYT
4th August 2011, 22:18

I think you said it was an Hi-line in there - In which case you need to buy a coax extension, which has to be run from the radio, back to the wheel well. Then you take the original ISO coax plug off the original cable end and fit a DIN one to suit your extension.

Be aware that you may need other cables through from front to the rear.

Captain Leisure
4th August 2011, 22:23
I think you said it was an Hi-line in there - In which case you need to buy a coax extension, which has to be run from the radio, back to the wheel well. Then you take the original ISO coax plug off the original cable end and fit a DIN one to suit your extension.

Be aware that you may need other cables through from front to the rear.

Like he said.

You'll need to take another coax extension from the Rover TV aerial for your DTV receiver too :)

probester
4th August 2011, 23:38
cheers guys

HarryM1BYT
5th August 2011, 16:01
Like he said.

You'll need to take another coax extension from the Rover TV aerial for your DTV receiver too :)

Actually, I'd be more inclined to install the DTV unit in the boot so it connects straight onto the end of the antenna coax, then run the A/V feeds from there to the DD - along with the remote control sensor. Especially if the DTV unit is one of the more expensive units which is capable of using both of the Hi-line's TV antennas.

probester
8th August 2011, 06:36
hi mark thanks for your offer last week but i have it up and running now , just need to to sort something out about a ariel for my radio CHEERS again