PDA

View Full Version : where these go

probester
3rd August 2011, 15:28

tony_fry
3rd August 2011, 15:58
Neil,

I will think you will find that the BMW round pin connected it tucked behind the ash tray assembly, you will need a BMW to ISO adapter lead which can be brought from Halfords for around £16 or a car audo center for around £10 or from the bay of flees for around £8.

I presume you had a high-line system?

probester
3rd August 2011, 16:13
yes and thanks again

probester
3rd August 2011, 16:27
seen this bmw lead in e bay but still does not match up with my plugs ???9648 i e my small blue connetor and the white one

suffolk boy
3rd August 2011, 16:32
they dont fit in there thats why the blue and white plugs from your car go the high line components.buy putting in the bmw to iso connector this allows you to connect up a aftermaket unit of your chioce

tony_fry
3rd August 2011, 18:17
seen this bmw lead in e bay but still does not match up with my plugs ???9648 i e my small blue connetor and the white one

Ad by my first post the BMW round pin plug will be hidden behind the ash tray

gra123
3rd August 2011, 19:22
Neil if your stuck, try Beaver audio on Great Westsern road.

probester
3rd August 2011, 20:15
just spent an hour trying to find this plug definetaly nothing there , open to suggestions apart from the obvious

probester
3rd August 2011, 20:30
tony how does the freeview box connect is that a iso lead as well because i checked the box that is there just now for the tv and that is the same connections as the hi line

probester
3rd August 2011, 20:41
does anybody know what this is because this has to be moved from its bracket then remove the bracket in order to get the new dd unit in will this be ok to leave dangiling 9667

kissifer1972
4th August 2011, 00:40
does anybody know what this is because this has to be moved from its bracket then remove the bracket in order to get the new dd unit in will this be ok to leave dangiling 9667
That is the box that allows the steering wheel controls to work your high line audio.

Chris

kissifer1972
4th August 2011, 00:43
just spent an hour trying to find this plug definetaly nothing there , open to suggestions apart from the obvious
Trust me it is there as everything for your audio goes through it.

It is tucked away tight against the metal rail on the left right at the bottom. You have to have the whole of the ashtray/cup holder section out to get to it.

It is a just a square black box with lots of wires going into it. I'm talking a good circular inch of wires.

HTH

Chris

tony_fry
4th August 2011, 06:11
tony how does the freeview box connect is that a iso lead as well because i checked the box that is there just now for the tv and that is the same connections as the hi line

The connector WILL be at the bottom left side, its tucked away behind the ash tray assembly against the bulhead (so you will have to remove the ash tray.

I took the amp output from the head unit (I think it was the blue wire to feed the supply to the DVB-T unit and you use the supplied phono lead to connect the DVB-T unit to the head unit via the RCA sockets at the rear of the unit.

probester
4th August 2011, 06:15
i will try again today after work and strip the whole thing out cheers once again to everybody

probester
4th August 2011, 15:37
is this the elusive plug i have been trying to find if so , it is still conected9674 do i just disconect the orange and white plugs and go for it this was the only plug i could find tucked away anywhere

tony_fry
4th August 2011, 16:04
is this the elusive plug i have been trying to find if so , it is still conected9674 do i just disconect the orange and white plugs and go for it this was the only plug i could find tucked away anywhere

Neil,

Now you have got me, I have only done one Hi-Line install and the plug was tucked down at the lower left (looking tot the front of the car from inside the car) you might be able to connect the lead that is supplied with the head unit to the connector that has orange & grey plug going to it, but without being able to test the connection, I would not stick my neck out and say use them.

probester
4th August 2011, 16:37
it is the only plug anywhere behind the dash that i can find tucked away anywhere

probester
4th August 2011, 21:02
this was the plug , just finished messing about with it and it's all up and running ecept no radio stations short of a erial anybody any idea's and once again CHEERS to everybody that helped me