PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth?

roytheboy1
20th November 2006, 11:43
Is it worth swapping my 03 lhd smart roadster for a w reg rover 75 2cdt Connoisseur with 89k on the clock?

Keith
20th November 2006, 11:58
Yes absolutely, if it has been well maintained it is good for another 150-200K.
Is it a Con or a Con SE (with cruise control memory seats etc)

Not sure on prices though what is the Smart worth?

GreyGhost
20th November 2006, 11:58
Is it worth swapping my 03 lhd smart roadster for a w reg rover 75 2cdt Connoisseur with 89k on the clock?

Welcome to the forum and the club

The 75 in good condition with FSH is worth around 4 to 4.5K.
What is your roadster worth? (about 35p) only pulling your leg. :D
Test drive the 75 and you will be impressed with the quality of a £26,000 (new price) motor car, I think you will find servicing and repair costs on the 75 will be comparable with the Smart, possibly even cheaper.
Do get AA or RAC to do a check on the vehicle before purchase as a serious fault will cost a lot of money to put right.
We have some owners on here with 200,000 plus miles on their diesel 75s

Pete
20th November 2006, 11:59

Has Judith Chalmers got a passport? Of course it's worth it! :)

Joking aside you are asking about going from a bit of an extreme to another. Personally I quite like the SMART things. Great round town obviously. But anything like an open road and it would be my Rover any day - quieter, smoother and it just feels safer if the weather is all rubbish. Ultimately I guess you will have to base your decision on your driving - town or open road? - as that will be a factor in your decision-making.

baxlin
20th November 2006, 12:00
Roadster - that's the "sportscar", not the box, isn't it? My opinion is that they're so far apart that it depends on what you need. If I couldn't have both, I'd take the Rover, but then I've no idea what the Smart would be worth.

Although not helpful, to have both would be good, but then I have an open top sporty 3 wheeler to complement my CDT Conn, which has 110000miles under its cambelt. (sorry, chain, doesn't have a belt)

JP53
20th November 2006, 20:56

Totally unbiased answer YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES etc.

Simon
20th November 2006, 21:03
Well, as I'm biased too I'd say "YES!" howver, do think take everyones advice here seriously.

As has been previously said, the Roadster is a small sports car, while the 75 is a big executive-type car.

If you've not driven anything other than your Roadster for sometime then the difference in size will be very overwhelming.

Test drives are, as always, vital in your decision here. the 75 is a great car and providing your buying with your sensible shoes on, then you can pick up a superb car for (what is relatively, considering what you're getting) little money.

Let us know if you want pointers on what to look out for. There are a number of crucial things you should check before you part with your cash...! ;)

JP53
20th November 2006, 21:12
Totally unbiased answer YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES etc.

You will find the 75 much more comfortable and roomy. ;) The other BIG plus is it is alot safer to be in. :hurt:
On the down side is parking and running costs. :)