PDA

View Full Version : RDS not working ?

entity
5th August 2011, 15:57
Hi all, just got my DD after a 14 week wait,:shrug: can anyone tell me if you can the switch the RDS button on in the settings. My button stays in the off position, doe's that mean there is no RDS ? and i have set the sat-nav the night before ready for the morning trip to work but when i start the car the sat-nav starts to load then freezes. this has happened both mornings, what will happen if you set off for devon stop for a cuppa go back to the car and it freezes.the only way i can stop it happening is to clear the route when i stop and plan the route again when i want to start.
Is this the same for everyone? or have i got a dogdy program?
thanks Dave

HarryM1BYT
5th August 2011, 19:00
Hi all, just got my DD after a 14 week wait,:shrug: can anyone tell me if you can the switch the RDS button on in the settings. My button stays in the off position, doe's that mean there is no RDS ? and i have set the sat-nav the night before ready for the morning trip to work but when i start the car the sat-nav starts to load then freezes. this has happened both mornings, what will happen if you set off for devon stop for a cuppa go back to the car and it freezes.the only way i can stop it happening is to clear the route when i stop and plan the route again when i want to start.
Is this the same for everyone? or have i got a dogdy program?
thanks Dave

Mine store its route fine, through a stop.

Not sure what you mean by the RDS button. RDS is part of the radio system, it identifies the FM station you are tuned to in text on the screen and also allows it to retune the radio to the same station as you change transmitter areas.

entity
5th August 2011, 19:31
Hi Harry take a look at the photos

do you see the RDS button in picture three it won't turn on

Dave

HarryM1BYT
5th August 2011, 19:37
do you see the RDS button in picture three it won't turn on

Dave

Ah, that virtual button.:}

I don't think you need to actually turn it on, it is on all the time....

The RDS system was an extra module fitted to the DD, if you are sure it was supposed to have been fitted, then ....

Tune your radio to an FM station and a bit of green text should appear in the display to tell you the name of the station - that is the RDS working.

entity
5th August 2011, 19:44
Thanks Harry that puts my mind at rest, my sat-nav system is igo myway is that the same as igo 8. or primo

HarryM1BYT
5th August 2011, 19:54
Thanks Harry that puts my mind at rest, my sat-nav system is igo myway is that the same as igo 8. or primo

Not sure, so I'll pass on that one :D

You can download either or both, have one the other or both available to use on a single 8Gb micro SD card if you want. There are links in some thread to download the latest versions of each, with the skins.

Radioguy
6th August 2011, 14:55

IGO MY Way is IGO 8

The RDS Button is Present but not active on any generation, Weird, I Know