PDA

View Full Version : camping toaster

mark d3
7th August 2011, 09:10
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camping-Stove-Toaster-NEW-Model-Stainless-Steel-4slice-/220646983728?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSu pplies_ET&hash=item335f95c830#ht_3
can i use the above on my portable camping stove?

Banjo
7th August 2011, 09:14
I used to have a similar one when I went camping some years ago. I used it with a double burner Camping Gaz stove. I am not sure it would balance on a single burner type though.

mark d3
7th August 2011, 11:20
I used to have a similar one when I went camping some years ago. I used it with a double burner Camping Gaz stove. I am not sure it would balance on a single burner type though.
i can see your point banjo might just buy a big fork lol

Banjo
7th August 2011, 12:05
Probably for the best - what about this - Item number: 220629752366 on ebay ?

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemRevisionDetails&_trksid=p4340.l2569&item=220629752366)

Roverowner
7th August 2011, 13:25
Mine works okay;)

Banjo
7th August 2011, 13:32
Yes, thats on a double burner similar to the one I had. I think it may be a bit unstable on the little single burner ones.

Roverowner
7th August 2011, 14:10
Yes, thats on a double burner similar to the one I had. I think it may be a bit unstable on the little single burner ones.

All depends on the diameter of the burner. If the wind knocks it off then you are using it in the wrong way, as it should be used -indoors- ie a caravan. Go and measure the diameter of the burner youīre thinking about buying.....

Garden
7th August 2011, 16:00
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Camping-Stove-Toaster-NEW-Model-Stainless-Steel-4slice-/220646983728?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Camping_CookingSu pplies_ET&hash=item335f95c830#ht_3
can i use the above on my portable camping stove?

Hi Mark.
Please do not buy one of those if you wish to remain sane.
I got one of those when I first started camping. The bloke in the shop said they were great so I bought one instead of a cooker with grill.
What a mistake, all it does is dry the bread until it changes colour.
I got that fed up with it that one morning I picked it up off the cooker with a fork and launched it into the next field.
If you quite like your toast very crispy then this is for you.

Roverowner
7th August 2011, 16:19
Of course I donīt use mine too often. Just a bit of a laugh. As said a grill is much better. If you are only going to use a one burner cooker then I asume you havenīt the room for a grill. Mine is a bit different to the one on ebay. Plated sides which I warm up first and then put the bread on. Turn them upside down and back to front. A bit of work involved but does work.....;)

mark d3
7th August 2011, 19:50
thanks to all that replied i took banjos suggestion and bought a fork :} it can also double up as a air bed deflater:D:D:D

Banjo
7th August 2011, 22:17
thanks to all that replied i took banjos suggestion and bought a fork :} it can also double up as a air bed deflater:D:D:D

Lol - you know it makes sense Mark !