PDA

View Full Version : Nano meet @ A & L automotive 3rd sept 2011

johnwh74
8th August 2011, 16:42
Hi Everyone - Andy and Myself of A & L Automotive Doncaster are having another open day at the workshop which is FREE to all members on Saturday 3rd september from 8.30am onwards.

So again if you have any little jobs that you require doing or you have any concerns over your pride and joy then come down and see us and we will gladly help out. As from the last meeting we had some jobs done that couldnt be done at normal meets like laser tracking, wheels balanced etc.

Come to the workshop and make use of our knowledge and facilities

Diagnostic computer (not T4 but Sykes Pickivant and Delphi equ) FREE TO ALL MEMBERS
Possible that there will be a T4 there - will confirm before meeting

Tyre changing machine, balancing machine, ramps and 4 wheel laser alignment tracking equipment and now a shot blaster on site.

Tea and coffee making facilities
Cafe over the road OR free delivery from sandwich shop (try the belly buster) :D

Come take advantage of this amazing opportunity and feel free to bring cake and biscuits :D

http://www.alautomotive.info/
Unit 8 Holmroyd Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN6 7BH
01302 726898

All Are Welcome
Regards John and Andy

Attendee's

Wolves 75
Wooleysox
Backoboy
Actros
Stocktake
Sikelsh
Eljay55 AKA fudgie
Slippy
Pab
Jimbo
swinnie
graham
Jeff Turbo
BigRuss
BeeJay
Scouse1958
Wolds lady 2006
caravaman
James.Uk
n11pkt
Canonite
Carlpenn
Stevo snr
GSteph
Tez75

Wolves 75
8th August 2011, 17:43
Will try to sort work out and pop me nose up there kidder......:D

backoboy
8th August 2011, 18:53
Hi John, will there be anyone electricaly minded who can help fit an auto dimming mirror.

johnwh74
8th August 2011, 20:08
Will try to sort work out and pop me nose up there kidder......:D

Always a pleasure to see you Mr Lyndon :D

Hi John, will there be anyone electricaly minded who can help fit an auto dimming mirror.

At the moment, unless Lyndon is electricaly minded then i dont know :o
I am sure we can get people together and get it sorted for you Pete :}

actros
8th August 2011, 20:16
Hi Everyone - Andy and Myself of A & L Automotive Doncaster are having another open day at the workshop which is FREE to all members on Saturday 3rd september from 8.30am onwards.

So again if you have any little jobs that you require doing or you have any concerns over your pride and joy then come down and see us and we will gladly help out. As from the last meeting we had some jobs done that couldnt be done at normal meets like laser tracking, wheels balanced etc.

Come to the workshop and make use of our knowledge and facilities

Diagnostic computer (not T4 but Sykes Pickivant and Delphi equ) FREE TO ALL MEMBERS
Possible that there will be a T4 there - will confirm before meeting

Tyre changing machine, balancing machine, ramps and 4 wheel laser alignment tracking equipment and now a shot blaster on site.

Tea and coffee making facilities
Cafe over the road OR free delivery from sandwich shop (try the belly buster) :D

Come take advantage of this amazing opportunity and feel free to bring cake and biscuits :D

http://www.alautomotive.info/
Unit 8 Holmroyd Road
Carcroft
Doncaster
DN6 7BH
01302 726898

All Are Welcome
Regards John and AndyIwill be there John.

backoboy
8th August 2011, 20:48
Cheers John count me in :D

Eljay55
8th August 2011, 21:38
Will be in attendance as usual guys.

Graham

Jake
8th August 2011, 21:40
Will try and get out to this one before I move to Germany mate.

pab
9th August 2011, 06:52
I should be ok for this one..

trebor
9th August 2011, 11:24
will be returning from a week in Wales on the very day so unfortunately cant make it and i missed the last one too but have a good one

J1MBO
9th August 2011, 22:17
Put me down as a possible for this one John mate.

Cheers Jim

starbug2
10th August 2011, 19:44
On that day i am taking my brother in-law and his wife and .......oh yes, bev :D to York for a day trip so very unlikely be able to pop over as they are NOT car fans .:getmecoat: but i will be over sometime for my service and maybe some tyres on the back ( the same you got for the front ) i hope we all have nice weather on the day and maybe, if i've time some day i may pop over in my lorry when i'm passing :D

swinnie
10th August 2011, 20:16
Put me down for this please.

Thanks Derek

graham2230
11th August 2011, 00:06
Hi There,

Would love to come along,

Graham

johnwh74
11th August 2011, 06:22
will be returning from a week in Wales on the very day so unfortunately cant make it and i missed the last one too but have a good one

Beginning to think you dont like us anymore Trebor :D:getmecoat:

Put me down as a possible for this one John mate.

Cheers Jim

Done Jim :}

On that day i am taking my brother in-law and his wife and .......oh yes, bev :D to York for a day trip so very unlikely be able to pop over as they are NOT car fans .:getmecoat: but i will be over sometime for my service and maybe some tyres on the back ( the same you got for the front ) i hope we all have nice weather on the day and maybe, if i've time some day i may pop over in my lorry when i'm passing :D

time to get a new brother in-law that is into cars then i think ;):getmecoat:
Your wecome anytime mate, just give us a few days notice on your service and tyres

Put me down for this please.

Done :}
Thanks Derek

Hi There,

Would love to come along,

Graham

Your more than wlcome Graham

Thread updated at first post

caravaman0
11th August 2011, 21:35
I will be at the meet for the first time and will see some other rover owners can’t wait.
Will be nice to see you again and thank you for the favour you did for me Thanks Clive

caravaman0
11th August 2011, 21:42
See you all then September 3rd

stocktake
11th August 2011, 22:15
OK, who wants what doing? i'll be there.

(I believe John needs a couple of infractions removing from a delicate area :D :D :D :getmecoat:)

Wolves 75
12th August 2011, 04:07

I want a up of tea and some cake, get baking kiddo......:drool4:

johnwh74
12th August 2011, 06:25
I will be at the meet for the first time and will see some other rover owners can’t wait.
Will be nice to see you again and thank you for the favour you did for me Thanks Clive

You're welcome Clive, be good to see you up here again :}

(I believe John needs a couple of infractions removing from a delicate area :D :D :D :getmecoat:)

Yes Dave they are a bit painful when sitting down :getmecoat:
Fancy fitting a replacement fan to a rover 75 diesel??? :D

Would you trust Daves baking though Lyndon?? :D:getmecoat:

sikelsh
12th August 2011, 08:57

Ive got a bulb that needs changing again :getmecoat: no seriously I have

starbug2
13th August 2011, 06:19

:getmecoat: oh dear glad i'm not coming , on the other hand i could take photos :D

starbug2
13th August 2011, 06:20
don't you have tea/ cakes in the Midlands:p:

stocktake
13th August 2011, 06:45
don't you have tea/ cakes in the Midlands:p:

Baps n Cobs isn't it....:getmecoat:

starbug2
13th August 2011, 06:51
Baps n Cobs isn't it....:getmecoat:
:getmecoat: oh dear :D i only live here so what do i know (born Liverpool moved to Durham in 1976 and moved to the Midlands in 1993 )
visited Doncaster a few times , can't think why ......:D

J1MBO
13th August 2011, 11:36
John, sent you pm's, sorry the brains going and in the first put the wrong date
Cheers
Jim!

Jeff Turbo
13th August 2011, 14:39
If i'm not working, can I come along just for nose and a chat?
Btw. Stocktake...are you are stocktaker?

stocktake
13th August 2011, 14:55
If i'm not working, can I come along just for nose and a chat?
Btw. Stocktake...are you are stocktaker?

Fraid not :mad: surname is Stocks and a long long time ago my first outing on ebay and there was something i wanted, infact, stocks was going to take it no matter what the price, hence stocktake was created :D

i know sad, i'm actually an old gas engineer Jeff :)

johnwh74
13th August 2011, 17:54
John, sent you pm's, sorry the brains going and in the first put the wrong date
Cheers
Jim!

Already replied to jim ;)

pab
13th August 2011, 18:15

(I believe John needs a couple of infractions removing from a delicate area :D :D :D :getmecoat:)I have some Colinite wax,i have applied one coat and it is a very difficult procedure to buff this product to a good shine..

If you have a couple of hours spare..maybe you could apply the second coat.

BigRuss
13th August 2011, 19:47
Put my name down for this one as usual ;)

Russ

andy willi
13th August 2011, 19:59
dave can you fit me a fan resistor for a good friend and member on here

Jeff Turbo
13th August 2011, 20:05
Fraid not :mad: surname is Stocks and a long long time ago my first outing on ebay and there was something i wanted, infact, stocks was going to take it no matter what the price, hence stocktake was created :D

i know sad, i'm actually an old gas engineer Jeff :)
Ahh, just wondered as I am a stocktaker:}

Wolves 75
13th August 2011, 20:09
Ahh, just wondered as I am a stocktaker:}

We have just had a load of Stocktakers in Wolves, think they are all held on remand though......:D

Jeff Turbo
13th August 2011, 20:23
We have just had a load of Stocktakers in Wolves, think they are all held on remand though......:D
Heard that joke once or twice before Wolves:D Posh name for a burgler etc
BTW ta for the front bulb inspection hatch thing. Dunno if you remember me from BL day? All done now

Wolves 75
13th August 2011, 20:26
Heard that joke once or twice before Wolves:D Posh name for a burgler etc
BTW ta for the front bulb inspection hatch thing. Dunno if you remember me from BL day? All done now

Of course I remember, glad it worked out for you.....:):)

stocktake
13th August 2011, 22:17

No problems mate,75 (mk1 0r 2) 0r ZT?

John, you got a fan then?

Tim, you got a fan yet?

johnwh74
14th August 2011, 09:36
No problems mate,75 (mk1 0r 2) 0r ZT?

John, you got a fan then?

Well get it this week dave

beejay
14th August 2011, 14:47
Following a conversation with a club member today, put me down for attending, please.

andy willi
14th August 2011, 15:07
not john or tim but a customers and a club member

andy

stocktake
14th August 2011, 15:52
not john or tim but a customers and a club member

andy

Three seperate questions Andy,

John has replied and is getting his fan, no answer from Tim and I asked you is the car that needs a resistor a mk1 or 2 75 or a ZT.?

Do keep up chappy :D

johnwh74
14th August 2011, 16:21
Three seperate questions Andy,

John has replied and is getting his fan, no answer from Tim and I asked you is the car that needs a resistor a mk1 or 2 75 or a ZT.?

Do keep up chappy :D

One question at a time Dave, you're obviously confusing him :D

RPWC
14th August 2011, 16:24
Wish I could do this one John,but we have a meet on the Sunday,which I have organised,so have to be there. SWMBO would NOT be happy with me going Rovering 2 days on the trot.
Pity though,would have liked you and Andy to have a look at the car and diagnose the issues I mentioned to you that day I came down with the bus,still there's always next time.

johnwh74
14th August 2011, 16:44
Wish I could do this one John,but we have a meet on the Sunday,which I have organised,so have to be there. SWMBO would NOT be happy with me going Rovering 2 days on the trot.
Pity though,would have liked you and Andy to have a look at the car and diagnose the issues I mentioned to you that day I came down with the bus,still there's always next time.

Are you going to the Nano meet in September?? You can pop down anytime and we will always have a look for you , its what we do :D

graham2230
14th August 2011, 18:53
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to change the inner (drivers side) steering joint on the rack and if the rack needs to be removed first?

Graham

johnwh74
14th August 2011, 19:35
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how long it would take to change the inner (drivers side) steering joint on the rack and if the rack needs to be removed first?

Graham

Hi Graham, Do you mean the steering rack ends?

JOhn

graham2230
14th August 2011, 21:15
Hi John,

That's what I was meaning, here's a piccy.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Thumbnails/52000174/1267221/4.jpg (javascript:ImagePopup();)
Graham

johnwh74
15th August 2011, 09:58
Hi John,

That's what I was meaning, here's a piccy.

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Thumbnails/52000174/1267221/4.jpg (http://javascript<b></b>:ImagePopup();)
Graham

If everything goes ok, you're looking at about half an hour plus tracking up afterwards. The steering rack doesnt have to come out either.

John :}

graham2230
16th August 2011, 12:26
John,

Thanks for the info.

Graham

andy willi
18th August 2011, 14:45
dave its a mk 1 diesel sorry two many questions at one go

andy

stocktake
18th August 2011, 16:08
dave its a mk 1 diesel sorry two many questions at one go

andy

no problem, easiest way is through the grill but as the switches are on the neg it's best to disconnect the battery as i like all my fingers, make sure he has radio code etc. :)

stocktake
19th August 2011, 13:50
Anybody have a dremil and can cut the holes in the front bumper on Scouse's MG for the headlight wash system? He will be there with the jets, bottle and BBUS, Looks like i'm busy with fans and resistors, i know Russ is busy all day with BeeJay. :)

RPWC
19th August 2011, 14:25
Are you going to the Nano meet in September?? You can pop down anytime and we will always have a look for you , its what we do :D No mate,as the post says, the day after your nano meet,is a meet that I organised,so that's why I can't come for yours, I would have done otherwise.
I'm going to the NEC for the classic motorshow in November,so if I can nick the car for that weekend ,we'll pop in on the way down. We usually stop for a cuppa and a bacon sarnie at the way west cafe on the A1,and I know your not far from there,so could combine the 2,cuppa across the road at the salvage cafe and a visit to you. Bit too far to just "pop down " otherwise:):)

johnwh74
21st August 2011, 16:55

Who is it that wants it doing? We cant ask Dave to do two in one day, its not fair on Dave and mine is more important!!!! plus i asked first !!!!!:mad:

Scouse1958
22nd August 2011, 14:06
Hi Can you put me down for this please if thats ok

Paul

stocktake
22nd August 2011, 14:11
Who is it that wants it doing? We cant ask Dave to do two in one day, its not fair on Dave and mine is more important!!!! plus i asked first !!!!!:mad:

Sorted gents ;) early start on yours john @ 8:30 ish :)

stocktake
22nd August 2011, 14:12
Anybody have a dremil and can cut the holes in the front bumper on Scouse's MG for the headlight wash system? He will be there with the jets, bottle and BBUS, Looks like i'm busy with fans and resistors, i know Russ is busy all day with BeeJay. :)

Hi Can you put me down for this please if thats ok

Paul

You best be bringing your overalls matey ;) :D

Scouse1958
22nd August 2011, 14:40
You best be bringing your overalls matey ;) :D

Wont need them :) once shown how to do it would do it in my shirt :) :getmecoat:

Paul

stocktake
22nd August 2011, 14:49
Wont need them :) once shown how to do it would do it in my shirt :) :getmecoat:

Paul

just don't be taking the shirt off Paul :eek:

pab
22nd August 2011, 15:08
Anybody have a dremil and can cut the holes in the front bumper on Scouse's MG for the headlight wash system? He will be there with the jets, bottle and BBUS, Looks like i'm busy with fans and resistors, i know Russ is busy all day with BeeJay. :)Looks like i will have to do this task..but i will need an assistant.

Scouse1958
22nd August 2011, 15:34
Looks like i will have to do this task..but i will need an assistant.

Glad to help Pad so i know what to do in future :)

stocktake
22nd August 2011, 15:57
Glad to help Pab so i know what to do in future :)

I suspect as is the nano tradition, you will know how you did it at the end of the day under Pabs supervision :)

Edit:

Paul (scouse) make sure you bring some old blankets to drop the bumper on to :)

J1MBO
22nd August 2011, 17:52
Looks like i will have to do this task..but i will need an assistant.

I'm up for that Paul, plus can bring my challenge multitool (like a Dremel but bigger) if you want.

Jim

Ooops, just noticed you'd already got an assistant - I'll bring it anyway you never know.

Scouse1958
22nd August 2011, 19:03
Thank You Jim for your offer more hands mean less work as they say :) :getmecoat:

Paul

woolleysox
22nd August 2011, 19:10
see you guys on the day:D

starbug2
22nd August 2011, 19:35
i'll wave as i drive to/from York with my car full on a day trip :getmecoat:

caravaman0
22nd August 2011, 21:27
I need a replacment fan fixing to a rover 75 disel hope you can help
Thanks Clive:confused:
You're welcome Clive, be good to see you up here again :}

Yes Dave they are a bit painful when sitting down :getmecoat:
Fancy fitting a replacement fan to a rover 75 diesel??? :D

Would you trust Daves baking though Lyndon?? :D:getmecoat:

stocktake
22nd August 2011, 21:30
I need a replacment fan fixing to a rover 75 disel hope you can help
Thanks Clive:confused:

I believe your is the resistor only ;) do you have your radio code?

Jake
22nd August 2011, 21:39
I'm up for this - will be one of my last before I leave the country.

Wolds_lady_2006
23rd August 2011, 13:18
Maybe this is my big chance to get to the bottom of the humming noise I have from the front o/s. (i think its there anyway..lol)

Some members have suggested that it might be rear bearings , as noise travels... doah!

Whenever i put right steer on, the noise disappears:shrug:

So count me in boys, im coming over too..*-)

Maybe i can get my boot leak sorted...dear oh me... all my Christmas's come at once!!:}

See you there! Doni - here i come......

J1MBO
23rd August 2011, 13:30
Thank You Jim for your offer more hands mean less work as they say :) :getmecoat:

Paul

Hopefully it will Paul, be nice to meet you on the day as you never made it to the last Hollow Tree meet, mind you two did and didn't find me and Steve lol.

Cheers
jim

caravaman0
23rd August 2011, 22:15
I believe your is the resistor only ;) do you have your radio code?
Yes have got that code thanks stocktake

James.uk
25th August 2011, 23:17
I will turn up eventually, gawd knows when though, depends on how long it takes me to work out how to get from where my satnav takes me, to where I actually want to be innit... :o :o :}

J1MBO
26th August 2011, 14:39
I will turn up eventually, gawd knows when though, depends on how long it takes me to work out how to get from where my satnav takes me, to where I actually want to be innit... :o :o :}

Head for Devon it's next to Cornwall should be right;):D

n11pkt
27th August 2011, 07:40
if its ok I'll come down, only been a member for a couple of months and I have the day off :}

pab
27th August 2011, 08:59
if its ok I'll come down, only been a member for a couple of months and I have the day off :}Nice one,see you there Keith..

How's the car been behaving?

starbug2
27th August 2011, 09:07
Head for Devon it's next to Cornwall should be right;):D
sounds about right :D

Canonite
27th August 2011, 21:09
Nice to meet you today. I'll be making one in. I have an auto rear mirror that needs wiring up, but i've not got any of the loom for it unless it's tucked away somewhere. Didn't find it when I looked.

stocktake
27th August 2011, 21:36
Nice to meet you today. I'll be making one in. I have an auto rear mirror that needs wiring up, but i've not got any of the loom for it unless it's tucked away somewhere. Didn't find it when I looked.

Not usually there :(. second option is to connect in on the drivers side A pillar. Base of windscreen. This then depends on a fully populated plug. Pin numbers vary from the black or white plugs. last resort is back to the fuse box behind glove box :)

Only thee wires.

From memory:

White / Yellow ign live
Green / Brown reverse light live
Black Neg.
;)

Canonite
27th August 2011, 21:52
Not usually there :(. second option is to connect in on the drivers side A pillar. Base of windscreen. This then depends on a fully populated plug. Pin numbers vary from the black or white plugs. last resort is back to the fuse box behind glove box :)

Only thee wires.

From memory:

White / Yellow ign live
Green / Brown reverse light live
Black Neg.
;)

I did get a diagram with it but hoped to find the plug. It was one of them late ebay finds that was ending quicker than the time it'd take to check the car so impulse won.
I took the pillar panels off and all I could find was the plugs for the visors. Got them on both sides though the passenger one was bundled up right down next to the BCU. It's not an urgent job, it's not like the mirror is redundant.

johnwh74
28th August 2011, 11:30
if its ok I'll come down, only been a member for a couple of months and I have the day off :}

Everyone is welcome :D Will see you saturday

Same to you mate, at least we now know what the steering problem is :}

Canonite
28th August 2011, 20:15
Same to you mate, at least we now know what the steering problem is :}

Yeah, looking forward to a car that feels new again.

I'm also a photographer and take my cameras everywhere with me so i'll be photographing everyones cars. :)

starbug2
28th August 2011, 20:18
Yeah, looking forward to a car that feels new again.

I'm also a photographer and take my cameras everywhere with me so i'll be photographing everyones cars. :)
a car fan with a camera , who'd of thought :D:D:D

johnwh74
29th August 2011, 09:29
a car fan with a camera , who'd of thought :D:D:D

You'll be able to see what you have missed on the day mr starbug :D

stevo snr
29th August 2011, 12:50
If I come over, do you think I'll be able to do my fan resistor? Every time I have time and stick my head out, It's raining :(

James.uk
29th August 2011, 13:34
Course you will, I have a brolly you can borrow.. :D

Devon's next to Dorset innit.. It was put there to stop people wandering too far West and falling down overgrown tin mines.. :}

But Doncaster ain't in Devon, it's up North and on the right a bit.. I saw a sign for it on my way to Thyburgh country park... Was thinking -- M67 - M60 - M62 - A1 but thats over 100 miles! So over the top I must go -- innit... :}

J1MBO
29th August 2011, 17:44
Yes James mate, but the last time your car returned home your satnav said you were in Cornwall so I thought if you headed for Devon you'd end up in Yorkshire.....:getmecoat: well it seemed a good idea to me :D:shrug:

James.uk
30th August 2011, 02:56
You're quite right Jimbo.. I have discovered that if you don't turn the satnav on when making a trip, it still thinks you are where you were before you moved innit.. lmho.. :D :D

Eljay55
30th August 2011, 09:16
Hi guys, is Russ going to be there with his t4 as i seem to be overfuelling and need it sorting. Also need the front pads changing as the squeel is doing my head in.
See you Saturday
Graham

Eljay55
30th August 2011, 22:22
Also, while i remember. has anyone got a spare screw for my back light cover as i seem to be missing one and it looks cockeyed without it,lol.
Graham

starbug2
31st August 2011, 06:50
You'll be able to see what you have missed on the day mr starbug :D
:p::p: i hope we all have nice weather on the day . we intend doing the train museum and such like in York photos may be taken :D

andy willi
31st August 2011, 16:58
Also, while i remember. has anyone got a spare screw for my back light cover as i seem to be missing one and it looks cockeyed without it,lol.
Graham

most defanatly a screw loose

how is the clutch
andy

see you saturday

Eljay55
31st August 2011, 21:30
most defanatly a screw loose

how is the clutch
andy

see you saturday

Hi mate, my autoclutch is fine thanks:D

I may also need a little help removing my audio as i have just forced one of the wife's fave CD's down the crack at the top and boy is she not impressed:o

see you all saturday

stevo snr
1st September 2011, 08:16
If I come over, do you think I'll be able to do my fan resistor? Every time I have time and stick my head out, It's raining :(

Any thoughts?

swinnie
1st September 2011, 10:20
Any thoughts?

I can give you a hand, Did mine the other day. Would recommend having some spare cable and connectors has i had to chop mine back to get clean wire.

Derek

carlpenn
1st September 2011, 11:41
I am interested in popping up, will have to clear it with swmbo first though, as I don't know what she has planned for the weekend.

If I do attend, I may get her to Bake a couple of cakes for you, Chocolate and Guinness / Carrot Cake or Vanilla and Orange, not sure if you would like the Chocolate and Beetroot cake :p:

johnwh74
1st September 2011, 12:31
I am interested in popping up, will have to clear it with swmbo first though, as I don't know what she has planned for the weekend.

If I do attend, I may get her to Bake a couple of cakes for you, Chocolate and Guinness / Carrot Cake or Vanilla and Orange, not sure if you would like the Chocolate and Beetroot cake :p:

Anyone who brings Johnwh74 carrot cake is more than welcome carl :D

Hope fully see you saturday

gsteph
1st September 2011, 13:20
Been away a few days, got the go ahead from the Boss, so hope to come along.
George

johnwh74
1st September 2011, 18:34
Been away a few days, got the go ahead from the Boss, so hope to come along.
George

Names added and thread updated :}

Jake
1st September 2011, 18:38
John, really sorry my friend I can no longer make it mate.

Bawtry for car auctions and fish and chips monday evening though?

Jake

johnwh74
1st September 2011, 18:46
John, really sorry my friend I can no longer make it mate.

Bawtry for car auctions and fish and chips monday evening though?

Jake

I would of done mate but i think i am off to watch England under 21's at Barnsley fc. If that doesnt come off then yeah will see you at BMA for fish and chips mate :}

slippy
1st September 2011, 19:16
Im hoping to pop in for an hour, nowt wrong with the car AFAIK, just being nosey :D

stocktake
1st September 2011, 19:36
Im hoping to pop in for an hour, nowt wrong with the car AFAIK, just being nosey :D

Good man, don't think we checked the bonnet cable mod on your car the other week :shrug:

slippy
1st September 2011, 19:47
Good man, don't think we checked the bonnet cable mod on your car the other week :shrug:

I did it dad, I promise! :rolleyes:

carlpenn
1st September 2011, 23:39

Sorry Guys, Cannot make it Saturday, we have plans this weekend :(

If you do another one in the future I will pop in and I promise a Carrot cake for John :p: ;)

woolleysox
2nd September 2011, 15:08
have a good day in York Starbug
:smilie_re:take care they may want to keep your car for the museum:p::p:

:p::p: i hope we all have nice weather on the day . we intend doing the train museum and such like in York photos may be taken :D

sikelsh
2nd September 2011, 15:15
Anyone going tomorrow who has some Chrome Bullet covers for sale? if so could you PM me a price?

Will be there in the morning :) before heading off to Portugal in the afternoon

Oooo and a service reset if anyone has a tool, now -31000

Thanks
Simon

andy willi
2nd September 2011, 16:10
will reset it for you

andy

pab
2nd September 2011, 16:21
Anyone going tomorrow who has some Chrome Bullet covers for sale? if so could you PM me a price?

Will be there in the morning :) before heading off to Portugal in the afternoon

Oooo and a service reset if anyone has a tool, now -31000

Thanks
Simon
I have a OBD11 service reset tool in my bag that you are more than welcome to borrow..

sikelsh
2nd September 2011, 16:23
Thanks guys :) see you on the morrow

tez75
2nd September 2011, 16:46
I will try to get to this one, it will be my first Meet - looking forward to meeting everyone Tez

starbug2
2nd September 2011, 16:48
Anyone who brings Johnwh74 carrot cake is more than welcome carl :D

Hope fully see you saturday
you came very close to seeing me in my lorry today :} but i got held up at some drops so didn't have the time for a quick visit :( ,,,,,, some day ;)

starbug2
2nd September 2011, 16:50
have a good day in York Starbug
:smilie_re:take care they may want to keep your car for the museum:p::p:
they may want me as a prime ..... oh never mind :D hope you have a good day

woolleysox
3rd September 2011, 13:05
Hot off the press still on site as we speak. 39 car have attended over the day. The meets just get better and better great stuff.Wolves nano next bring it on:drool4: All the regulares and some new faces. Nice little convoy from the west mids with wolves 75 good day all round

J1MBO
3rd September 2011, 13:55
Been a great day and as above still on site

stocktake
3rd September 2011, 14:20
Anybody got any pictures of me NOT working today, they must be rare :D

backoboy
3rd September 2011, 14:52
Great meet, thanks Andy and John, and thanks Dave for pointing me in the right direction with my mirror wiring and always good to put faces to names.:D:D

carlpenn
3rd September 2011, 15:31
Sounds like a succesful day well done. :)

Wolves 75
3rd September 2011, 16:58
Fantastic day yet again, Cheers to John and Andy, and well done to John on his new purchase....;)

Cheeky little convoy (Me and Mr Sox) even if we did go right through the middle of Doncaster city centre, brought a little class to it..;)

graham2230
3rd September 2011, 17:13
Hi guys,

Great day out again and thanks very much for your help with my steering rack problem.

I think your new Saturday lad deserves a special mention, he makes a great cup of coffee.

Ian, hope your journey home went without any rattles or clunks.

Graham

HOMER
3rd September 2011, 17:37
Thanks to andy and John ,a good turn out and good weather :sunny: nice to see everyone again :D

pab
3rd September 2011, 17:42
Anybody got any pictures of me NOT working today, they must be rare :DI have one of you working though,anyone got one of me working :D

Again a thoroughly enjoyable day and a fantastic turnout..

johnwh74
3rd September 2011, 18:51
Good meet today. Many thanks to everyone that made the effort, especially our great friends from the midlands and the Norfolkers with my new car ;)

Never known a day go so fast, hope everyone got the little jobs they wanted doing sorted out. Thanks to all that brought cake and biscuits also :D

Think this has been our biggest meet up to yet!! Was good to see the new faces as well as the usual ones.

Thanks again

John

beejay
3rd September 2011, 18:52
A great meet, thanks Andy & John. Special thanks to Russ, Dave and Tim for doing my rear electric windows and message centre, beautiful drive home with rear window open and able to close without having to stop and wind up:}, to every one else for the banter and chat.

Barry

andy willi
3rd September 2011, 18:54
MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED

and many thanks to all who donated to the collection for our new saturday boy i was stunned, it makes me feel so happy and proud to be a member of this great and brilliant club

just a few more thorts on today im sorry one car went away without being fully repaired but will do my upmost to sort it or buy it for john

i hope you all enjoyed the day

andy

pab
3rd September 2011, 19:05
and many thanks to all who donated to the collection for our new saturday boy He served us well..

johnwh74
3rd September 2011, 19:48
MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO ATTENDED

and many thanks to all who donated to the collection for our new saturday boy i was stunned, it makes me feel so happy and proud to be a member of this great and brilliant club

just a few more thorts on today im sorry one car went away without being fully repaired but will do my upmost to sort it or buy it for john

i hope you all enjoyed the day

andy

I would like to echo that thought a well a the new boy did a grand job on his first day and secondly agree about buying john a new car:D. If the parts supplier was open andy, you'd of sorted it. Out of your control mate

J1MBO
3rd September 2011, 21:48
A few photo's of the day - I can't find one of Dave not working or Pab actually working though :shrug:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62956ec3aec.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62956f7fcd3.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62956fee681.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295aa6296c.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295aad3648.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295ab4ba83.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295ef191bb.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295ef92743.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295f00ab80.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62963335df7.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e629633ad454.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62963423176.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62967251275.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e629672cb7ce.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6296734285d.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62974ab6ac0.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62974b3b255.jpg

Had a great day, thanks to Andy, John and the new tea lad. Great to chat to all as ever, these Doncaster meets just keep getting better.

Cheers
Jim

James.uk
3rd September 2011, 23:55
Wahhh....... :cry:... I wanted to go................ :sad3:.. :cry: ..

stevo snr
4th September 2011, 07:13
Thanks for all the help with my resistor upgrade, while I was feeling tired (hung over) :o

Reebs
4th September 2011, 07:37
Who's is the green car with cream leather interior and painted dash?

Were the door cards and dash original to the car, or added?

J1MBO
4th September 2011, 08:25
Who's is the green car with cream leather interior and painted dash?

Were the door cards and dash original to the car, or added?

All upgrades, deepsea green interior the door cards have been done aftermarket, the cream monogram seats from Lewis and the dash has been done by the owner.

Sorry, for the life of me can't remember his name.

Cheers
Jim

starbug2
4th September 2011, 08:53
Fantastic day yet again, Cheers to John and Andy, and well done to John on his new purchase....;)

Cheeky little convoy (Me and Mr Sox) even if we did go right through the middle of Doncaster city centre, brought a little class to it..;)
:D:D:D:p::D:D:D shame to of missed it

caravaman0
4th September 2011, 09:34
Just to say thank you to all for the brilliant welcome for first time at this sort of meeting thought it was absolutely fantastic how everyone made us welcome and sorted our problems out.
A big thank you to Andy & John and especially Dave (Stocktake) and all the others who helped to sort it out the problems for us the tea boy was brilliant as well will try and get to the meet at Wolverhampton
but not sure if we will make yet. Just a big thank you to one and all.
Thanks Clive & Denise
:o:o:o:o:o:o

RoryRover
4th September 2011, 09:58
Whens the next one then ???

slippy
4th September 2011, 10:16
All upgrades, deepsea green interior the door cards have been done aftermarket, the cream monogram seats from Lewis and the dash has been done by the owner.

Sorry, for the life of me can't remember his name.

Cheers
Jim

Its Ken`s car - aka Jubby :D

gsteph
4th September 2011, 10:42
I really enjoyed the meet, only downside I found out there were a few more jobs I needed to do.
Enjoyed talking to everyone it was great to meet you all.
George

FLYER
4th September 2011, 11:26
A few photo's of the day - I can't find one of Dave not working or Pab actually working though :shrug:

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62956ec3aec.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62956f7fcd3.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62956fee681.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295aa6296c.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295aad3648.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295ab4ba83.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295ef191bb.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295ef92743.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6295f00ab80.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62963335df7.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e629633ad454.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62963423176.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62967251275.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e629672cb7ce.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e6296734285d.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62974ab6ac0.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e62974b3b255.jpg

Had a great day, thanks to Andy, John and the new tea lad. Great to chat to all as ever, these Doncaster meets just keep getting better.

Cheers
JimWhat a stunning example that green car is .:D

jubby
4th September 2011, 12:31
hi guys.the le mans green car is mine,bought it in january to use while i had my mx5 renovated.since using it however i havent had my other car on the road, prefer this one.bought it in sheffield, completely bog standard but only 67000 on clock,interior was a little bland for me but it was unmarked.found this forum,liked what i saw and followed a few how to upgrades.interior has been replaced (not cheap} but am totally happy with the result . i found an 03 personal line with deep sea green leather in a scrappy whilst searching for a bonnet for my sons 206. the car had a blown engine otherwise unmarked so i bought door cards, rear blind illuminated sun visors, floor mats, cruise control switch,steering wheel controls. bought brand new green wheel from a club member,cruise ecu from a different scrappy all now fitted.also bought real wood dash and had it painted (sacrilige or what).door cards re done in cream leather to match my seats,drivers cup holder,chrome door finishers bought from customs inc.all wiring was present so no problems with electrics,mud flaps.what next?

James.uk
4th September 2011, 12:54
What next? GET THAT PAINT ORF THE BL**DY DASH that what's next.. That car MUST have a proper walnut dashboard!!

OMgood gawd whatever next.. I need a lie down..... :o

J1MBO
4th September 2011, 13:06
Its Ken`s car - aka Jubby :D

Cheers for that, the memory falls as the age rises ;)

backoboy
4th September 2011, 14:52
Hi Andy & John could you please let me know the website of your'e mate next door who does the wheel refurbing, thanks.

jubby
4th September 2011, 14:56
hi mate. thanx for your opinion about my dash,suppose its like marmite(you either love it or you dont).was originally rhodium being an mgzt but needed brightening up so painted it car body colour.I know where to obtain another cheap real wood dash so might fit for comparison.having said that i could have bought a rover 75 in the first place. oh bye the way jimbo am sorry but did not properly introduce myself so you arent going doolally

backoboy
4th September 2011, 15:32
Hi Fred, this will cure your'e bonnet chips without an expensive respray lolol

http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mr-5qPMbnhnI5Dz84O6lDlA/140.jpg (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1%257C72%253A5251&rt=nc&_nkw=mg+zt&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=8#)http://thumbs3.ebaystatic.com/m/mr-5qPMbnhnI5Dz84O6lDlA/140.jpg (http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253 A1%257C72%253A5251&rt=nc&_nkw=mg+zt&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1581&_pgn=8#)

ugly aint they.:D:D:getmecoat:

Union Wheels
4th September 2011, 17:49
Had a great day listening to all the advice and banter at my first visit here. Thanks to Russ for checking my original MAF sensor (bosch F00C2G2029). I had cleaned it using the dishwasher and was interested to see if it still worked. It did and better than the one I bought from Ebay (Bosch F00C2G2032) which I am told is for a BMW 320D. Good luck to the "Tea Boy" for his efforts and I hope he liked his Tip.

Cheers All,
Pete

johnwh74
4th September 2011, 19:56
Hi Andy & John could you please let me know the website of your'e mate next door who does the wheel refurbing, thanks.

http://www.danumpowdercoating.com/index.html

Dont forget to tell them its through us ;)

backoboy
4th September 2011, 20:16
Cheers John.

woolleysox
5th September 2011, 12:09
hi mate. thanx for your opinion about my dash,suppose its like marmite(you either love it or you dont).was originally rhodium being an mgzt but needed brightening up so painted it car body colour.I know where to obtain another cheap real wood dash so might fit for comparison.having said that i could have bought a rover 75 in the first place. oh bye the way jimbo am sorry but did not properly introduce myself so you arent going doolally

I thought it looked first class and its each to his own:D

:smilie_re:With jimbo Thats a matter of opinion ):p::p:

only kidding Jim:D

J1MBO
5th September 2011, 12:23
oh bye the way jimbo am sorry but did not properly introduce myself so you arent going doolally

No probs, don't think I did either Ken - nice to meet you and have a chat about your car - looks really good and oem.

I thought it looked fist class and its each to his own:D

:smilie_re:With jimbo Thats a matter of opinion ):p::p:

only kidding Jim:D

Now now Rob, none of that stirring :poke: I was impressed with the detail, Kens basically done what could have been ordered under the monogram scheme.

Cheers
Jim