PDA

View Full Version : 17" Laptop

Ken
23rd August 2007, 16:27
Can anyone help me with this. I now have a 17" laptop in widescreen and this site is fine but BBC for instance only fills half the screen? I had the same problem with my other pc with 19" screen but managed to sort it out when I somehow managed to 'stretch' the website but I can't remember how to do it? Can anyone help? Its not like it on all websites but I would guess about 25%.

Edit: its IE7 but does it in 6 as well. I have not tried ffox as I prefer IE

Cheers for any help :bowdown:

Simon
23rd August 2007, 19:24
You can't really stretch a website on your browser. It all depends on how the site is written in the first place. For example, this website is designed to "fill up" the available space but other websites have been written to be just one-size.

Altering the text-size can help make websites bigger but ultimately the graphic elements won't stretch unless they were designed too.

Ken
23rd August 2007, 19:29
Thanks Simon

I have found a button which moves the webpage to the other side of the screen and because of that they now seem to sit towards the centre a bit more. Changing the text size has also helped as well.

Thanks

Ken

WeeMan
29th August 2007, 19:46
:shrug: I know this is a wee bitty off topic but, when I go onto this site at work the front screen fits in the whole of the monitor, but when i'm at home (with a bigger monitor), i only get about 3/4 front screen and have to scroll. Any idea how to fix mine as the works one looks alot neater???

Thanks

JohnDotCom
29th August 2007, 20:19
Try altering your screen Resolution.
Right click on desktop,
Click on Properties
then click on settings to a Greater size. ie 1078 x 768 or 1600 x 1200 to large and it will be difficult to read so go up slowly to get best resolution for you.

WeeMan
30th August 2007, 06:29
:) Yay!.........thanks John!, that's better. BUT, now when I scroll down with the mouse it;s kinda jumpy?. Thanks again