PDA

View Full Version : yorkie meet thrybergh

jubby
10th August 2011, 11:21
this thread may be in wrong place,assume it might be moved.i hope to attend this meet asis near to me.should get there for about 12 o clock.is there any body attending that could assist me in the fitting of a rear blind to my zt please,or know of local garage that could fit it.thanx.ken.

stocktake
10th August 2011, 11:43
Hi jubby and welcome, look forward to seeing you at the yorkie meet, it's not the place we take the cars to bits, the park ranger would not be too pleased :o. however come along and have a chat.

Then, get your name down for this where we all muck in to help each other :D this most sertainly invilves taking cars to bits and quite local to you :)

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90327&highlight=nano+meet

Canonite
10th August 2011, 12:43
Have you got everything you need for the job? Shelf, fixings and switch? It's really not hard to do yourself, there's a fantastic pdf guide that will help. It took me longer to get the seats and trims off than it did to fit the blind.

jubby
10th August 2011, 12:59
hi.have everything.ihad to transfer blind from beige shelf to a grey shelf including cutting and glueing.made slight mistake but will suffice.have had to remove both shelves from scrap cars so do have idea how to refit,just might need alittle assistance from experienced fitter cheers.ken.

Canonite
10th August 2011, 14:59
hi.have everything.ihad to transfer blind from beige shelf to a grey shelf including cutting and glueing.made slight mistake but will suffice.have had to remove both shelves from scrap cars so do have idea how to refit,just might need alittle assistance from experienced fitter cheers.ken.

I wasn't looking forward to doing it, i'm 19st and couldn't get my seat squab out as I had no T50 to undo the belt. It was also late on so the best light had gone. So I squeezed in there cross legged and battled on, it is a tight fit once the blind is fixed so you have to keep your eyes on the heater wires for the window as you edge it in bit by bit.
If you've taken both shelves out you'll be able to do it easily.

stocktake
10th August 2011, 15:15
Sounds like you two have a bit of subject matter for thryberg already :)

Thomas
10th August 2011, 20:48
Moved to events and meets forum