PDA

View Full Version : MK3 firmware

rasnar
14th August 2011, 16:55
Hi, I'm searching on this forum some information about firmware on Navigation Mark3 and some link for download it. But if i found somethink its old link and firmware isn't on that server. Has anyone some new link or firmware to upload. Please. Thanks for answer.:} Sorry for my English.

STUBIE
14th August 2011, 17:01
You cannot update the firmware on Rover Mk3 sat units you can only do it on BMW Mk3 ones.

Stubs

rasnar
14th August 2011, 17:36
I heard that someone has modified the firmware on bmw unit ..... Language and then translated the firmware with the modified language is recorded to MK3. But he did it only for bmw and rover did not do that because there are few. so I wanted to try to adjust to the rover but I can not? Or is it some other way to change the language that is not available? I am from the Czech Republic.

Reebs
14th August 2011, 19:06
Hi Pavel, as Stubie says it is not possible to alter the firmware of an original MG Rover Mark 3 Navigation computer (but BMW units can be changed).

The languages preprogrammed into the Rover unit depend on the market the car is set to. To alter this requires a session on a T4 diagnostic computer at the dealership.

The available languages per market are as follows:

UK Market:
Language 1 = UK English
Language 2 = German
Language 3 = French

German Market:
Language 1 = German
Language 2 = UK English
Language 3 = French

Spanish Market:
Language 1 = Spanish
Language 2 = UK English
Language 3 = French

Italian Market:
Language 1 = Italian
Language 2 = UK English
Language 3 = German

French Market:
Language 1 = French
Language 2 = UK English
Language 3 = German

If you want to change the language of all menu screens including the radio to any of the 3 assigned to your market,

From the main menu select 'SET'

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/LanguagemenuSet.jpg

Then simply toggle to the prefered languages available to you on screen

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn105/reebspics/Languagemenu.jpg

VMax1000
8th September 2011, 17:58
Wonder what they did to make upgrades impossible.
If it's a hardware mod there must be a way around it (jumper or switch)

If it's in the firmware (different eprom) it could prove more diffucult and BMW unit is the way to go.