PDA

View Full Version : Mini Meet & Natter

Freebyrd
20th August 2011, 20:14
Just to prove we're a democratic lot, state your preference for either; Continuing to meet at the Hawes Inn. Or moving meet to new location.

FLYER
20th August 2011, 23:06
you can please all of the people some of the time and you can please some of the people some of the time but you cant please all of the people all of the time .

I think :confused::D

rotrex
21st August 2011, 21:23
I dont see any need to change tbh, only my opinion of coarce:D

Graham1961
21st August 2011, 21:42
Have to say..I'm quite happy at South Queenferry

I love the views across the Forth with the Bridges.

If we did fancy a change every now and again, i'm sure we could agree some place.

To be honest i would be interested in another overnighter up in the Highlands along the same lines as our Oban trip.......Anyone interested ?

I will run this through with Derek and see what he thinks...:)

tricia1470
21st August 2011, 21:53
I'd like to stay at Hawes Inn, but then I lurve the fish n chips

FLYER
21st August 2011, 21:57
Have to say..I'm quite happy at South Queenferry

I love the views across the Forth with the Bridges.

If we did fancy a change every now and again, i'm sure we could agree some place.

To be honest i would be interested in another overnighter up in the Highlands along the same lines as our Oban trip.......Anyone interested ?

I will run this through with Derek and see what he thinks...:)Annmarie and myself love a wee stopover so we would be up for something along those lines G.:D

Graham1961
21st August 2011, 22:04
Annmarie and myself love a wee stopover so we would be up for something along those lines G.:D

That would be great George.....As you know i love Grantown on Spey, lovely town...good fish and chip shop, and i know a few places that could easily accomodate us.....Cairngorm Mountain Railway just over 30 mins away....A Must..:D:D I could guarantee we would not be dissappointed up there.....;)

FLYER
21st August 2011, 22:09
That would be great George.....As you know i love Grantown on Spey, lovely town...good fish and chip shop, and i know a few places that could easily accomodate us.....Cairngorm Mountain Railway just over 30 mins away....A Must..:D:D I could guarantee we would not be dissappointed up there.....;)We're in ;):D:D

rotrex
21st August 2011, 22:55
good idea G. would be good to do it while its still summer:D

Graham1961
22nd August 2011, 01:09
good idea G. would be good to do it while its still summer:D

Excellent Tam...I'm delighted, well as you may have gathered, i love Grantown on Spey, it really is a lovely town and i actually like the drive up, good photo oppertunitys, wonderful bits to stop and i don't need much excuse to make a run up there.....you would'nt be dissapointed i promise...:)

tricia1470
22nd August 2011, 01:56
Excellent Tam...I'm delighted, well as you may have gathered, i love Grantown on Spey, it really is a lovely town and i actually like the drive up, good photo oppertunitys, wonderful bits to stop and i don't need much excuse to make a run up there.....you would'nt be dissapointed i promise...:)

Its not far from Ross and I stomping ground of Kingussie, we always used to stay at the Ossian

Brush 1
22nd August 2011, 09:18
i think the question for other venue ment other restaurant or village not an overnighter :shrug:

Graham1961
22nd August 2011, 11:44
i think the question for other venue ment other restaurant or village not an overnighter :shrug:

I will put this to Derek and see if we put it in a new thread.

Brush 1
22nd August 2011, 12:12
i,d say with the attitude thrown at us on friday by helga it wudnt do any harm to look for another restaraunt, infact way she swore she should be lucky we havent complained.

Yella Fella
23rd August 2011, 07:42
Just to prove we're a democratic lot, state your preference for either; Continuing to meet at the Hawes Inn. Or moving meet to new location.

Somewhere central that would suit both east and west coasters :shrug:

FLYER
23rd August 2011, 08:30
i,d say with the attitude thrown at us on friday by helga it wudnt do any harm to look for another restaraunt, infact way she swore she should be lucky we havent complained.

Shes a dominatrix in her spare time , :D

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 08:39
Shes a dominatrix in her spare time , :D
if thats where we go at next meet should we give her a present of a leather mask and whip :getmecoat::getmecoat:

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 08:51
cant speak for anyone else but dont think i would bother travelling much further west than queensferry for what is an 'east coast meet', alth westies are more than welcome, none have moaned at the meetings about distance

FLYER
23rd August 2011, 09:44
cant speak for anyone else but dont think i would bother travelling much further west than queensferry for what is an 'east coast meet', alth westies are more than welcome, none have moaned at the meetings about distance

i suppose the beginings of the mini meet have been kinda lost as time has elapsed, i for one quite enjoy the drive through to queensferry as the views are stunning and frankly i dont think that aspect will be the same as the darker nights come in .

It will be dark about 5 oclock october and november so i honestly think we should leave things as they are for now and have a rethink for the spring.

Just my opinion of course.
:shrug:

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 10:14
i suppose the beginings of the mini meet have been kinda lost as time has elapsed, i for one quite enjoy the drive through to queensferry as the views are stunning and frankly i dont think that aspect will be the same as the darker nights come in .

It will be dark about 5 oclock october and november so i honestly think we should leave things as they are for now and have a rethink for the spring.

Just my opinion of course.
:shrug:
in the 'winter' months the prom is abit quieter which leaves the opportunity to move the meet from fri nights to a sat or sun afternoon. just a thot :)

derekosb
23rd August 2011, 12:34

As Brian started these "Mini-Meets" for primarily the East Coast membership I have been meaning to explore whether there is sufficient interest in a similar regular "Mini-Meet" in the West?

I have been tempted to join the gang at Queensferry, however as I work in North Ayrshire it is a long drive and I don't usually finish until after 6 so would likely be extremely late.

So, is there any interest in a West Coast Mini-Meet, possibly heading towards the coast?

(although this is probably not the best thread in which to ask that question :})

Derek

Graham1961
23rd August 2011, 13:08
in the 'winter' months the prom is abit quieter which leaves the opportunity to move the meet from fri nights to a sat or sun afternoon. just a thot :) Well i'm quite flexible, at the moment i work 2 weekends out of 3....but could work a way round that..

Freebyrd
23rd August 2011, 17:19
Well i'm quite flexible, at the moment i work 2 weekends out of 3....but could work a way round that..
Afternoons are fine with me, I also work over some weekends but dates could be worked round that. The first meet at S. Queensferry was on on a Sunday afternoon, parking was a real problem as about 100 bikers meet there. But maybe not so many in winter

Yella Fella
24th August 2011, 08:16
As Brian started these "Mini-Meets" for primarily the East Coast membership I have been meaning to explore whether there is sufficient interest in a similar regular "Mini-Meet" in the West?

I have been tempted to join the gang at Queensferry, however as I work in North Ayrshire it is a long drive and I don't usually finish until after 6 so would likely be extremely late.

So, is there any interest in a West Coast Mini-Meet, possibly heading towards the coast?

(although this is probably not the best thread in which to ask that question :})

Derek

I would pop along when I can :)

keithybhoy
24th August 2011, 22:56
Yep me to,there is a pub in the mearns just at the start of the ayr road,i cant remember its name but its nice.Or a a jaunt to largs,duck bay,balloch or troon if its a daytime thing:D

derekosb
30th August 2011, 15:51
Yep me to,there is a pub in the mearns just at the start of the ayr road,i cant remember its name but its nice.Or a a jaunt to largs,duck bay,balloch or troon if its a daytime thing:D

Hi Keith,

Which one are you thinking of? The Osprey at Junction 4 of the M77 or the Malletsheugh at Junction 5?

Very handy for me :D

Derek

keithybhoy
31st August 2011, 08:45
Not sure mate but you would go along the old road coming from glasgow and its a big place with a huge carpark,if that helps. I might fire over and do some recon;)

Brush 1
31st August 2011, 09:06

Derek

i think that without offending anyone that this has now gone off the original topic of the thread and a new one started :shrug:

Freebyrd
31st August 2011, 13:57
i think that without offending anyone that this has now gone off the original topic of the thread and a new one started :shrug:
Agree with you Ian, the original topic was about changing the meeting place in or around South Queensferry.

FLYER
31st August 2011, 20:45
To be brutally honest between the mini meets and the other scottish meets i see no point in having a west of scotland mini meet .
We already have Loch Lomond ,The SARR and other meets so to me thats a full calander, popping along to every east meet is my choice but others popping in every few months or so is very acceptable in my mind.

My tuppence worth only .:shrug:

keithybhoy
1st September 2011, 12:04
I have no problem driving over to the east as its quite a nice drive but as an idea it could be alternated each month.
One month in the west,the next in the east and so on :d

MASTIFF2
1st September 2011, 13:56
I have no problem driving over to the east as its quite a nice drive but as an idea it could be alternated each month.
One month in the west,the next in the east and so on :d

Or we could all just meet at Tam's house for a BBQ and a go on the trampoline :)

keithybhoy
1st September 2011, 14:18
Im up for a burger and a bounce lol:D

Yella Fella
1st September 2011, 14:44
To be brutally honest between the mini meets and the other scottish meets i see no point in having a west of scotland mini meet .
We already have Loch Lomond ,The SARR and other meets so to me thats a full calander, popping along to every east meet is my choice but others popping in every few months or so is very acceptable in my mind.

My tuppence worth only .:shrug:

I’ve notice that everything in the 75 and ZT Club is a "meet" and every time it's "an unofficial meet and not covered by insurance etc etc"

There doesn’t seem to be any "events" as such.

I would think things like SARR etc should be an "event" and meets should be just that, meeting up for a few drinks and laughs . . . that way there is a definite difference between "meets" and "events".

Another tuppence worth chucked in. We'll soon have enough for a burger!

Brush 1
13th September 2011, 21:14
the voting is over the results are counted and recounted and the verdict is :shrug:

FLYER
13th September 2011, 21:37
the voting is over the results are counted and recounted and the verdict is :shrug:no change by the look , see ya friday ;)

Graham1961
13th September 2011, 21:40
the voting is over the results are counted and recounted and the verdict is :shrug:

Hawes Inn 7

Somewhere else 2

suzublu
13th September 2011, 21:58
Shouldn't this be called "mini meet & a blether":shrug::getmecoat::D

Brush 1
13th September 2011, 21:58
no change by the look , see ya friday ;)

it,s no this fri is it? i thot it 23rd? that wat i put in calendar :shrug:

Graham1961
13th September 2011, 22:03
it,s no this fri is it? i thot it 23rd? that wat i put in calendar :shrug:
I'm sure it is the 16th......

FLYER
13th September 2011, 22:11
I'm sure it is the 16th......:panic::panic::panic: this needs sorting pronto :D

Brush 1
13th September 2011, 22:17
righto i,ve made twit of myself again, i,ve checked the generals new thread and yep it,s this fri, it me who put wrong date in my calendar, oh NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- :D

FLYER
13th September 2011, 22:19
righto i,ve made twit of myself again, i,ve checked the generals new thread and yep it,s this fri, it me who put wrong date in my calendar, oh NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- :Dnow thats what i call a quick fix .:D

Graham1961
13th September 2011, 22:22
That's good the 16th it is....panic over

Ps To Brush1....Were you still interested in a run to Grantown on Spey this weekend....??

Freebyrd
14th September 2011, 06:45
It is this Friday - 16th Sept, always was 16th. Hawes Inn as usual. Should have posted a BUMP for it, but have been in Liverpool with two women and forgot:mad:

Brush 1
14th September 2011, 07:17
It is this Friday - 16th Sept, always was 16th. Hawes Inn as usual. Should have posted a BUMP for it, but have been in Liverpool with two women and forgot:mad:

2 women now thats either pure luck or sheer greed :romeo:

Brush 1
14th September 2011, 07:45
That's good the 16th it is....panic over

Ps To Brush1....Were you still interested in a run to Grantown on Spey this weekend....??

i thot i,d be getting lucy for weekend but her mum say nope just normal hours so that scunners me :(

FLYER
14th September 2011, 20:49

thats disgusting :drool4:

Freebyrd
15th September 2011, 02:47
thats disgusting :drool4:
I've known them since we were 10 years old, but that's another story..........:p::D

splitshift
15th September 2011, 06:40
Ok, ive been true to my last post...... keeping quiet about bein able to get to meets ! Now I think this friday I SHOULD be able to attend. i drive a wagon and am supposed to finish work about 1800 hrs. But travelling around our roads alongside the usual numpties, all present excepted , obviously, can be a bit of an inexact science ! So, all I am going to say is that I am going to try and be there ! Take it same as last time, arrivals from about 1700hrs and last till late ! Spend some time preventing being kidnapped in the Hawes, and lots of car talk ? :}
Scott

Brush 1
15th September 2011, 07:33
I've known them since we were 10 years old, but that's another story..........:p::D

THAT,S WORSE :puke:

Freebyrd
15th September 2011, 13:56
THAT,S WORSE :puke:
A secret is a secret is a secret is a................................

Brush 1
15th September 2011, 15:15
A secret is a secret is a secret is a................................

u just trying to brag that theres life in the old dog yet lol :whip:

Freebyrd
15th September 2011, 17:37
Table for 8 booked for 8pm Friday 16th (Tomorrow) Hawes Inn S. Queensferry. "The" Waitress is looking forward to our visit. :cool:

Graham1961
15th September 2011, 22:10
Table for 8 booked for 8pm Friday 16th (Tomorrow) Hawes Inn S. Queensferry. "The" Waitress is looking forward to our visit. :cool:

That's super, and we are looking forward to it as well, actually thinking of staying at the Hawes overnight since i am on holiday.....

rotrex
15th September 2011, 22:24
hi gang. sorry I'v not looked in here for a while. didnt know it was tomorrow night. I think Janice is night shift so might not make it, although if I can I'll be there, if not have a good time guys/gals :drool4:

FLYER
15th September 2011, 22:31
That's super, and we are looking forward to it as well, actually thinking of staying at the Hawes overnight since i am on holiday.....

good luck , the first train over the bridge is 05.07 .:drool4::D

rotrex
15th September 2011, 22:37
Graham. dont you be inviting the waitress up to your room for a wee night cap now :getmecoat::D

Graham1961
15th September 2011, 23:37
Graham. dont you be inviting the waitress up to your room for a wee night cap now :getmecoat::D

Damn...That's my little secret out now......:getmecoat:;)

splitshift
16th September 2011, 21:49
Hi all, i did make it tonight, was about 21 30hrs, parked next to grahams rover and a silver ztt. thing is I was still in workwear, hi vis clothing grease and oil ! Seat cover obviously fitted ! So was a bit apprehensive about venturing into the famous hawes inn, what with the picture youve all painted of "Helga " ! hung about for a we while, but bottled it, to be honest i was filthy as well, having to refill a tail lift hydraulic system in the rain, in Glasgow shoping centre ! fun ? no !Point is I did make it, so I WILL make another ! :}
scott

Freebyrd
17th September 2011, 14:38
Hi all, i did make it tonight, was about 21 30hrs, parked next to grahams rover and a silver ztt. thing is I was still in workwear, hi vis clothing grease and oil ! Seat cover obviously fitted ! So was a bit apprehensive about venturing into the famous hawes inn, what with the picture youve all painted of "Helga " ! hung about for a we while, but bottled it, to be honest i was filthy as well, having to refill a tail lift hydraulic system in the rain, in Glasgow shoping centre ! fun ? no !Point is I did make it, so I WILL make another ! :}
scott
Sory to have missed you Scott, we would have come out for a blether if we knew you were there, I don't think the staff would have minded if you popped in. see you next time.

FLYER
17th September 2011, 16:34
scott

make a point of going to the next meet , keep yer eyes peeled.:D

splitshift
18th September 2011, 14:04
thanks guys, i was mingin ! didnt want to bring the club into disrepute ! I will keep eyes peeled, btw when you go oop north to speyside, and some loony in a supermarket artic flashes lights and hoots horns for no apparent reason ....... itll be me ! whiskey trail cowboys !
scott

Graham1961
18th September 2011, 21:07
thanks guys, i was mingin ! didnt want to bring the club into disrepute ! I will keep eyes peeled, btw when you go oop north to speyside, and some loony in a supermarket artic flashes lights and hoots horns for no apparent reason ....... itll be me ! whiskey trail cowboys !
scott
Look forward to seeing you there at the next one Scott, as far as our trip up to Grantown on Spey went (It was me and Mr and Mrs FLYER) that went up, we loved it.
I am sure we will be doing that again, that i am certain, all welcome of course...:)