PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a Veba Head unit?

AngryDog
23rd August 2011, 12:45
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/veba-avdin2827.html

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Cheers.

AngryDog
23rd August 2011, 12:49
Or one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7-HD-DOUBLE-2-DIN-CAR-CD-DVD-GPS-PLAYEY-DVB-T-/160600609509?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item25648ad2e5

coolcat
23rd August 2011, 14:19
Problem with all of these types of double din units is getting them to fit neatly in the hole left by original radio. Finding a double din facia plate adaptor is a problem for our cars so would mean modifying a single din facia plate to make the unit fit.
Also not sure about getting the steering wheel controls to work with them.
Last but not least is the problems with getting these units repaired if it should be needed.
Have you looked at Radio Guys double dins units on these forums?
Made for our cars so plug and play and good back up from Sean and others on here should you run into problems.
I believe he has some pre owned units available at cheaper prices due to customers upgrading to later spec units.

AngryDog
23rd August 2011, 15:26
Problem with all of these types of double din units is getting them to fit neatly in the hole left by original radio. Finding a double din facia plate adaptor is a problem for our cars so would mean modifying a single din facia plate to make the unit fit.
Also not sure about getting the steering wheel controls to work with them.
Last but not least is the problems with getting these units repaired if it should be needed.
Have you looked at Radio Guys double dins units on these forums?
Made for our cars so plug and play and good back up from Sean and others on here should you run into problems.
I believe he has some pre owned units available at cheaper prices due to customers upgrading to later spec units.

thanks for your reply!

I have seen his radio, but it does seem very expensive still. I've also read that some people have had issues with them, and it doesnt come with dvb-t, and the dvb-t add on is expensive too.

mamasboy
23rd August 2011, 15:43
Would be interesting to find a second cheaper DD unit other than radio guys, which seems to be well recieved by the forum. I think we sometimes get blinkered because something gets a lot of praise we don't give another unit a fair try. Mention tuning on the forum and roverron will be instantly recommended but few people give feedback of cheaper boxes.:shrug:

coolcat
23rd August 2011, 15:46
Hi,

The issues are mainly radio reception with certain cars due to the aerial system that was originally installed, that problem has been rectified on here.
A few other issues people have with the Sat Nav and trying to run different/modified versions, stick to whats supplied or Tony Frys upgrade card and all is well!
Yep you do need an external dvb tuner if you want to watch television on them although they do have analogue tuners built in for the few regions in the Uk you can still get a signal.

Price wise, yep they're not cheap but I love mine, brings the cabin right up to date with modern cars in my opinion.

I believe that Sean does do some flexible payment plans for forum members, might be worth giving him a pm to find out.
Also see if anyone near to you has one installed and might let you have a play to see what you think.

AngryDog
23rd August 2011, 15:57
Ive just done the conversion from GBP to US$ (and Canadian$). WOW! Nearly £400!

I'll stick to somethig else..

gaz7560
24th August 2011, 10:15

I agree would love to have seans dd, but when the car is only worth £900 it makes me question the cost.

AngryDog
24th August 2011, 11:04
I agree would love to have seans dd, but when the car is only worth £900 it makes me question the cost.

Exactly - its 1/5th the price I paid for my car! lol.

Radioguy
25th August 2011, 12:35
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/veba-avdin2827.html

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Cheers.

Hi, I Suppose I am slightly Biased but on first look , there is no GPS Module on this unit
AI have cheaper alternatives as well, these are a dime a dozen and NOT built to endure, I have had 2 in my Sienna and have had the sienna only about 20 months.

You get what you pay for....

Radioguy
25th August 2011, 12:38
Or one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-7-HD-DOUBLE-2-DIN-CAR-CD-DVD-GPS-PLAYEY-DVB-T-/160600609509?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item25648ad2e5

I have these, Nice design concept...... They have been "bac to the drawing board"several times over the past 3 years

The plastic Pins for putting the screen bac into place break alot, so as the seller to send extras with your orders.

My 2 cents worth !

Radioguy
25th August 2011, 12:39
Or one of these?

OH, And the facia (if you get it is a problem with motorized units) better to go with the fixred screen units

Radioguy
25th August 2011, 12:41
thanks for your reply!

I have seen his radio, but it does seem very expensive still. I've also read that some people have had issues with them, and it doesnt come with dvb-t, and the dvb-t add on is expensive too.

We have the option of built in DVB BUT like all Built In DVB it is suitable only to 30 KM/hr. Which is why we went to the External (Suitable to 180 KM/hr) This is the general measure of quality

Radioguy
25th August 2011, 12:43

Again , this is comparing Units with GPS and TMC vs A Unit with neither of those iompportant and expensive features.
My LOW end , which is closer apples to apples is £277