PDA

View Full Version : A wee overnighter in Grantown on Spey

Graham1961
23rd August 2011, 16:35
Hello All....Anyone interested in a wee "overnighter" in Grantown on Spey in September....will throw some dates in September (weekends) 10th/11th and 17th/18th while the weather might not be bad...or October 8th/9th....these weekends i am off......

Grantown on Spey is a nice place with lots of places to visit and the Cairngorm Mountain Railway near Aviemore...and plenty of places to stay.....any thoughts ??

derekosb
23rd August 2011, 16:40
Hi Graham,

I have just sent you a PM with a suggestion. See what you think? :}

Derek

For everyone else and to assist in making a decision Grantown-on-Spey is shown on the map here (just below Inverness):

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Grantown-on-Spey/images1.jpg

A beautiful part of the country, this suggestion has been made following the success of the Oban weekend earlier this year.

The view over the River Spey

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Grantown-on-Spey/Picture_2451.jpg

The main street (and one of the larger Hotels)

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Grantown-on-Spey/grantown-on-spey1.jpg

The surrounding countryside:

http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq129/derekosb/Grantown-on-Spey/SuperStock_1566-4081991.jpg

I am looking into Bed & Breakfast, Guest House, Lodges and Hotel costs so if anyone is interested please let us know and we can see what numbers we can raise.

Derek

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 16:51
wont commit myself just yet but it,s something i,d be intrested in :D

derekosb
23rd August 2011, 17:03
Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

Following an earlier PM from Graham I spoke with Angela at The Garden Park Guest House in Grantown:

http://www.garden-park.co.uk/

http://www.garden-park.co.uk/images/header/home.jpg

They have a total of 6 rooms. Graham has stayed there regularly and is happy to recommend the accommodation.

On the Saturday night of the 10th of September they currently have 3 Double Rooms and 2 Twin Rooms available, although they can let the Doubles as Singles at an increased rate.

£32.50 per person B & B, or £36 if a single.

For the Saturday 17th September they only have 2 Doubles and 2 Twins available (same rates). They would also be happy to allow a small meet in their car park on the Sunday for anyone in the North Region who does not often venture down to the more Southerly meets. :D

Idea woudl be a leisurely scenic drive up the A9 on Saturday afternoon, Saturday night in Grantown-on-Spey and an unoffical club meet on the Sunday afternoon before driving home Sunday evening.

All opinions welcome if anyone is up for a weekend of it.

Derek
(p.s. I am off out this evening so will catch up on this later after 10:00pm)

Graham1961
23rd August 2011, 17:12
Garden Park is nice...however if say more members wish to travel and Garden Park are say full, i can recommend The Garth Hotel and Ben Mhor there is also The Grant Arms (the one in the picture) which has several rooms, could take the entire club (almost);) and The Craiglynne....as the pictures show.....beautiful scenery.

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 17:21
last time i was in granton u cudnt see the main square for the snow storm lol :D

Graham1961
23rd August 2011, 17:25
last time i was in granton u cudnt see the main square for the snow storm lol :D Aye....I have been up there in winter....hopefully it won't snow in Sept......;)

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 17:30
Aye....I have been up there in winter....hopefully it won't snow in Sept......;)
you were there at sametime lol that was year we thot we,d be stuck there :D

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 17:43
there is also a camp site there and not to far from town centre for those that want to stay in tents :D

FLYER
23rd August 2011, 21:09
there is also a camp site there and not to far from town centre for those that want to stay in tents :DI like a comfy bed thanks :D

Brush 1
23rd August 2011, 21:21
I like a comfy bed thanks :D
that was incase anybody wanted 2 do camping(freebyrd?) but having stayed garden park before i,d say the beds are lot better than the hotel in oban and it,s a much better brekkie aswell and not as expensive. :D

Graham1961
24th August 2011, 00:29
At the moment we have a choice of dates...say Sept 10th/11th and the following weekend 17th/18th.

I am flexible with either.....so if we can decide on what weekend suits, we can pick which one and take it from there

I know two members are ok with either and one can manage the 10th/11th.....once i get an idea, we can pick for definate which
of the two dates to go with.

As far as accomodation goes it will depend on how many are going.

But there is no shortage of places whether a few go or lots..:D

So if anyone wants to start the ball rolling.....:D:D

tricia1470
24th August 2011, 00:33
At the moment we have a choice of dates...say Sept 10th/11th and the following weekend 17th/18th.

I am flexible with either.....so if we can decide on what weekend suits, we can pick which one and take it from there

I know two members are ok with either and one can manage the 10th/11th.....once i get an idea, we can pick for definate which
of the two dates to go with.

As far as accomodation goes it will depend on how many are going.

But there is no shortage of places whether a few go or lots..:D

So if anyone wants to start the ball rolling.....:D:D

We can't go thhis time, I'm working both of those weekends unless the uni contact me sooner lol

Brush 1
24th August 2011, 09:32
We can't go thhis time, I'm working both of those weekends unless the uni contact me sooner lol
take a sickie then u can go, go on u kno u want to :D:D

Brush 1
24th August 2011, 13:18
the 17th 18th suits me :D

Graham1961
25th August 2011, 22:28
Names for the overnighter in Grantown on Spey

This is for the 10th/11th

Mr and Mrs FLYER
Tam (rotrex) Maybe a definate)
Freebyrd
GRAHAM1961

Now i am off this weekend and the next weekend Sept 17th/18th for those who cannot make the 10th/11th, i would be more than willing to go up the 2 weekends.....mind it does help that i love Grantown on Spey.
Again as far as accomodation goes, it will depend how many go.
We may have to use a larger Guest House/Hotel as Garden Park only has a limited number of rooms.....but that is not a problem, there is plenty of choice....and i am quite happy to do the two weekends if this helps..:D

Graham1961
25th August 2011, 22:40
I would like to add...All are welcome..;)

rotrex
26th August 2011, 22:01
hi Graham.
as per my PM 10th/11th I hope to be able to make it, if its 17th/18th I can say a definate yes.:D

Graham1961
27th August 2011, 12:20
September 10th and 11th.

I confirm names for the "overnighter" to Grantown on Spey for above dates.

Freebyrd.
Mr and Mrs FLYER
GRAHAM1961.

rotrex
5th September 2011, 23:54
Graham. sorry I cant make this as she who feels in charge is on nights all weekend. need to be hame with bearns so she has a chance of a sleep :(

Graham1961
6th September 2011, 00:02
Graham. sorry I cant make this as she who feels in charge is on nights all weekend. need to be hame with bearns so she has a chance of a sleep :(
That's alright Tam.......to be honest, i'm thinking of starting a thread for the following weekend 17th/18th, if there is enough interest....i'm of both weekends you see.....and i love Grantown on Spey...:D:D