PDA

View Full Version : North West region. Hollow tree. 7th Sept, 8.30pm.

James.uk
27th August 2011, 00:16
North West region. Hollow tree. 7th Sept, 8.30pm.
"The Hollow Tree" - WA4 4LX .. http://www.pub-explorer.com/cheshire...eestretton.htm (http://www.pub-explorer.com/cheshire/pub/hollowtreestretton.htm)

A meeting will be held at the Hollow Tree on the first Wednesday in september at 8 30PM.

Purpose:- To have a quiet drink and chat with friends... :} ...

List of poss attendees... :D

James.UK,
Frank incensed
Jimbo
Scouse1918 :)
stevo snr.
scouseeric
fse73549.

Please be aware this is not an official 75 & ZT Owners Club meet and as such is not covered by the clubs public liability insurance. Also the owners club take no responsibility for the meet in any way

stevo snr
27th August 2011, 09:22
I'll be there :welcome:

scouseeric
27th August 2011, 09:28
I will try my best, if i can get a shift swop!:)

Eric

fse73549
30th August 2011, 17:13
Should be able to make it as off that week.

James.uk
30th August 2011, 17:28
Good grief! if we all manage to find each other, it will be the biggest meet we ever had at the "new" venue.. innit.. :}

I think there is a canal boat lifting fingy somewhere in that area, I would like to see that sometime.. :} .. :D

J1MBO
30th August 2011, 17:42
Good grief! if we all manage to find each other, it will be the biggest meet we ever had at the "new" venue.. innit.. :}

I think there is a canal boat lifting fingy somewhere in that area, I would like to see that sometime.. :} .. :D

Frightening isn't it James!

Think this (http://www.theheritagetrail.co.uk/industrial/anderton_lift.htm) is what you might mean.

Cheers
Jim

James.uk
30th August 2011, 19:32
That's it!! Thanks Jim.. :D

Looks interesting innit.. :D

firefly
1st September 2011, 11:54
Yes, I should also be able to attend on 7th.

Steve
(firefly)

J1MBO
2nd September 2011, 09:28
That's it!! Thanks Jim.. :D

Looks interesting innit.. :D

It does, never been, might be an idea for a "run" out one day.

Yes, I should also be able to attend on 7th.

Steve
(firefly)

It'll be nice to meet you again Steve - just hope everbody else finds us this time :shrug:

Cheers
Jim

Scouse1958
5th September 2011, 20:36
Where will people be parked at one at the back so i know :)

Paul

James.uk
6th September 2011, 01:16
I don't know where the rear car park is either, I know it's not at the front coz I have been in that one... :}

*Might have to come in my ZX coz my 75's in dock innit*... :o

Rovernut
6th September 2011, 08:21
Where will people be parked at one at the back so i know :)

Paul

Parked at the side 9 months ago!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e177/Rovernut/DSC02097-2-1.jpg

Sorry I don't think I can make it this time

Chris

J1MBO
6th September 2011, 13:39
Another couple of photo's from the cold December inaugural meet at the Hollow Tree

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e661d177fe22.jpg

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e661d17a9a2c.jpg

For clarification the carpark layout of the Hollow Tree

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/imagehosting/58024e661d170129f.jpg

The blue square area is where the photo's were taken during December, the red square area is where Steve (firefly) and me met up last month.

I'll try and park up in that area but then I'll probably head off into the pub as it'll be starting to get dark at 8.00pm.

See you there :D:D:D

Jim

James.uk
6th September 2011, 16:51
Thank you Jim... :}

Geeze it looks cold in those pics innit... brrrrrrr... :o

I forgot it would be dark.. So will try to be a bit earlier.. :}

scouseeric
7th September 2011, 06:02
I wont be able to make this one fellas, work shifts and cant get away.:(
Hope you all enjoy the meet, i hope to get to one soon.

Eric

J1MBO
7th September 2011, 12:58
Sorry won't be able to make it tonight, got the dreaded manflu :mad:. Being serious I've started with a rather bad cold and really don't feel like venturing out tonight, not really fair on the rest of you. Annoying thing is we (the good lady and me) were due tomorrow to head up to the North East for a few days and it looks like I'll be cancelling the Hotel reservation.

Hope you all have a great time.

Regards
Jim

Frank Incensed
7th September 2011, 16:43
Blimey! All these people dropping by the wayside. Hope you get well enough to not have to cancel your trip Jimbo.
Don't leave too early James. I might be there a little after 8.30. My SATNAV doesn't work after dark.:D

James.uk
7th September 2011, 18:35
Not to worry Jim, I just hope you get better quickly. :D

Ellow Frankie boy.. My sat nav works a treat when it knows where I am going, but I cant remember the post code for the Hollow Tree, so will put the Yorkie code in and let sat nav Sally scream "recalculating!" at me all the way.. It don't take a lot to keep me amused really innit. lmho...

fse73549
7th September 2011, 19:38
Sorry but I didn't get back till late so won't be able to make it. Not happy but will try to make the next one. Once again sorry!

James.uk
8th September 2011, 15:22
No problem... Long as your OK.. :D

WE HAD A MEETING!!!! YAYY five cars, six people.. Orrible night though weather wise, dark, windy, and raining... Not nice on the motorways.. :(

Nice in the pub though, the company was good, we had a few laughs and everyone seemed happy.. :D :D :D

Gonna do it again next month.. :D

Actually it is a good venue really, right next to the M56.. Come off at Jctn 10 then take the duel carriageway on the South side of the roundabout for 300yds and the pubs down a lane on the right, but you can see it from the duel carriageway, so dead easy to find and get too.. :D :D

As the lane angles back toward the mway, you end up so close to it that you can hear the traffic on the M56 from the car park.. :D

So come on you lot in the Norf West,:D get down there next month..

Scouse1958
30th September 2011, 21:11
Who will be there at the next meeting :)

Paul

James.uk
1st October 2011, 14:47
Good question Paul.. I will be there, but this may be the last one till next year for me, can't be doing with the cold dark nights innit...

I need to find somewhere dark and warm to curl up in till next May ish.. heh heh. :D :D ...

fse73549
1st October 2011, 18:28
Am I right in saying that the next meeting will be this wednesday and if so should be able to get there this time and I have spent 5 hours cleaning the old girl she should and is looking V good. I can't believe a 7 year old car can scrub up so well!! :}

neilll
1st October 2011, 18:54
Hi guys,
Hope to be there,in work untill 6:30. Should just have time to get home and get changed.
regards
Neil

J1MBO
2nd October 2011, 12:40
Yes, should be ok for this one, see you all wednesday evening at the Hollow Tree.

James.uk
2nd October 2011, 13:15
Yes, it is on Wednesday the 5th of October... i.e. This Wednesday evening... :}

You don't have to clean yer car, or empty the ashtrays. it's you, the people, we want to meet innit.. :D

fse73549
2nd October 2011, 19:12
Don't James it will be dark no one will be able to see anyway!

neilll
4th October 2011, 21:20
Time gentlemen please

James.uk
4th October 2011, 22:06
8pm onwards. till -- you get fed up and want to go home innit.. :}

NM02 AZG
4th October 2011, 22:11
I wouldn't mind attending, but I cannot do mid-week as I have work the following morning. 8.30pm is a fairly late start and it's a tad further out than the place I go for the Maestro & Montego NW meetings, which incidentally is this Friday. That works better for me as I get a lie-in the day after!

Oh well. :(

J1MBO
5th October 2011, 07:28
Yes, should be ok for this one, see you all wednesday evening at the Hollow Tree.

Whoops spoke too soon

V8 was in for an MOT yesterday at a local testing station as my normal garage couldn't fit me in. Guess what, it failed with a cracked spring plus a list of doubtful advisories. I'll be getting it sorted elsewhere. Now need to source some parts.

Sorry to cry off so late in the day.

Cheers

fse73549
5th October 2011, 20:45
Sorry I could make this one as I have been on hospital visiting duty as family member got rushes in yeasterday. They are ok now but stuck in till they get sorted.

stevo snr
6th October 2011, 10:18
Sorry a few couldn't make it and to those who did we had a laugh anyway.

The next meeting will be on the first Wednesday in November at the Hollow tree

That's the 2nd November.

If anyone's interested I'll be traveling to the Yorkshire meet at the air museum on the 30th October. Contact me and we can arrange to travel over the hill together, it's listed as the Elvington meet on this forum.

James.uk
7th October 2011, 13:24
Sorry lads, but due to the awfull weather on Wednesday eve I decided not to go.. We had storms, gales, heavy rain, and hail at times here on and off all night.. :(

If - I had had my own car I might have tried it, but I lent my car to Jean and I had the dreaded Peugeot 5008 PSV auto flappy gearchange fingy... :o I would have loved to have turned up in it though.. heh heh...

stevo snr
8th October 2011, 10:49
Don't worry James, see you next month. That's the first Wednesday in November at The Hollow Tree :}