PDA

View Full Version : RDX60 Car Online

sydneymj
21st November 2006, 12:16
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/secret_new_car.php?sid=300&page=1

Thankfully this car will never see the light of day....

Malcolm

tourerfogey
21st November 2006, 12:26
Pic 5 of the car in silver looks pretty good to me.

M47Rman
21st November 2006, 16:05
I agree. Pic 5 looks good to me too. I have seen some other pictures/sketches of this car in other publications, and I think it would have made a good alternative to the blob like and amorphous Golf et al. However I am HUGELY biased, so I would say that!
Andy:D

driverjgp
21st November 2006, 17:47
Pic 5 I want I want I want :drool4: :drool4:

JP53
21st November 2006, 18:34
Pic 5 I want I want I want :drool4: :drool4:

It looks a bit like the 1 series BMW only nicer. In the first 4 pictures it looks awful but the last one is ace :D

Simon
21st November 2006, 18:55
Pick 5 reminds me of a Vauxhall Sigma.

Which is not a good thing if you ask me. Because, although I do kind of like the Sigma, a Rover should not look like a Vauxhall. ;)

IMO for a 45-type car (mid-size family hatchback) the prototype looks a bit too big. I think they would have been better with a shorter bonnet and perhaps a shorter wheel base. From what the article says and from the pictures, the entire car looks like it would swamp the majority of all mid-sized hatchbacks currently in production. I don't think this car in it's current guise would have done Rover many favours.... :(

Rob Bell
22nd November 2006, 16:08
I've seen a prototype that is much closer to picture 5 - but trust me, it'll still curdle milk at 50 paces :(

Failure to launch RD60 probably lead to the company's demise in 2005. But launching RD60 in that form would probably have killed the company - perhaps even sooner...?

If only Peter Steven's team's favoured design could have won through...