PDA

View Full Version : Here goes again-new to this

spyder
13th September 2011, 18:53
Got the DD delivered today. Had to get a sio-BM connector, connected it all up, spliced the steering controlls fine 1st time. Even got the settings right the first time.
Will try the freeview later, as I can not see it on the screen. It does have the antennae with wings on it and a FM ariel off that.

Questions :

GPS is working with ogo 8.3, comes up with the rover & MG logos, so I assume it is Tony's one.
But why can I only get 4 digits of a post code into it, and the POI's don;t reaaly seem to work compared to my Garmin.
Works , Navigates and has full signal on the bars below.

Most concerning is the radio does not work at all, stations can be selected, there is a change in the static, but no voice no matter how unclear? this is with the freeview ariel (radio side of it) plugged in and switch on-(from the amp out wire).

The unit is the older one, with wires for the RCA connections, no RDS/TMC.

I have read the threads a lot, and know every one is a bit bored with the subject. But any advise is welcome:)

Thanks

Craig

spyder
13th September 2011, 21:53
Radio working-the ariel wire was shorting-easy fix.

Cut the Rover Oe fitting off,extended the lead into an ISO one with solder and proper fittings. Radio working now
I also used the settings, and 126 , setting the FM value @ 000 with the gain off. worked better in the drive.
Still playing with the settings nearly there.

SAT nav needs a space between the two parts of the post code it would seem.
Need to get used to lots of new settings

Next problem is the re-setting when I start and switch off the motor-anyone remember wich wires affect this ?
Do the iso-iso connectore with the unit sort this out ??

Need to use the lead that is supplied with the unit, the 12V and acc wires are swapped around.

Craig

spyder
14th September 2011, 16:31
Mostly done and working, Wires run to the back for the rear screen, through the centre tunnel. Also started running the cable for the reverse camera.

Freeview box connected and intalled in the now empty glovebox, but no signal from the ariel ? not sure why as yet.

Micro sd card working with a 2GB but not with a 8GB, with the same music-is this because of lack of memory ??

A 2 day install for a plug and play unit.:D

Radioguy
15th September 2011, 23:00
Craig , did you get the manual I sent ?

spyder
16th September 2011, 00:02
Craig , did you get the manual I sent ?

Yes thank you very much.Interesting reading, I would hate to know how you communicate on a daily basis with the factory:)

The unit does have an I-pod but no leed by the way, but I dont have an I-pod, so all good.

Thanks for the terric service as usual.

Craig

Radioguy
16th September 2011, 15:30
Hi Craig

i Do have 2 Leads in Inventory for 414.00 if you want one

Postage extra, About $4.00

Stay in touch

Sean