PDA

View Full Version : A bit of help needed with Primo & settings

spyder
15th September 2011, 19:19
Hi My DD is now in and working. I tried but failed to copy primo onto a card and install it.
I had the 2 branding and data files unzipped and other files loaded.
Selected the primo file in setup, it starts loading and the gives me a Content error -global CFG not found. Am I missing a file ?
Anyone got a list of what should be on the micro card. It was all downloaded from Tony's file on Sugarsink.

Is primo worth the effort if IGO 8 seems to be doing the job-albeit not as well as my garmin.

The next proble I had tonight, was that it will not go from the GPS to radio etc and settings. No home screen symbol, and when I press the power button, long or short it switch off.

What am I doing wrong ?
I have read the posts over and over but am now just confused:confused::confused:

Thanks in advance

Craig

spyder
15th September 2011, 21:02
Thinking of asking the mods to move this to the social form for better coverage:D

Vic Small
15th September 2011, 22:48
Hi, attached is a pdf of all the files in my Primo directory, this is as delivered from Tony Fry. Hope it helps.

I'd certainly recommend Primo over IGO, much better looking and loads more features as far as I could see. Takes some time to fine tune but well worth the effort.

I had an issue like yours once and it was cured by a reset - little pinhole in top right of unit on mine.

In general my DD has been great, only gripe is how bright it is at night, I can't understand why the unit doesn't reduce the brightness significantly when you switch on the car lights or have an easy to reach setting, otherwise no problems, apart from still not being able to get the steering controls working of course, one day..:-)

spyder
15th September 2011, 22:53
Thanks, I am sure that will be a big help. It seems one has to press the "loud" button to get back to the home menu. This after doing the reset.

Thanks.

Craig

Radioguy
15th September 2011, 22:58
Hi, attached is a pdf of all the files in my Primo directory, this is as delivered from Tony Fry. Hope it helps.

I'd certainly recommend Primo over IGO, much better looking and loads more features as far as I could see. Takes some time to fine tune but well worth the effort.

I had an issue like yours once and it was cured by a reset - little pinhole in top right of unit on mine.

In general my DD has been great, only gripe is how bright it is at night, I can't understand why the unit doesn't reduce the brightness significantly when you switch on the car lights or have an easy to reach setting, otherwise no problems, apart from still not being able to get the steering controls working of course, one day..:-)

Vic, If you push and Hold the Mute button the Screen will go dark

Vic Small
15th September 2011, 23:40
Vic, If you push and Hold the Mute button the Screen will go dark

Sure, but then you can't see the screen of course :-)
I'd just like it to go to 10/20% brightness otherwise its way to bright for driving outside of town. You can change the brightness via the control panel but that needs several button presses and you have to stop the music play etc
Like I said not critical but would be much preferred if it was possible.