PDA

View Full Version : Meet at the Ace

GreyGhost
21st November 2006, 15:11
Met up with Jon for lunch and a natter at the Ace Café today. A Dark Blue ZTT rolled in a bit later. Handed the owners a flyer. :)

Grey Ghost meets The Black Pearl at the Ace.

http://homepage.mac.com/mgzt180/mmcars/Pics1/Ace-meet.jpg

Mike
21st November 2006, 15:14
Great pic MM :) Now what was that said about meeting strange men in car parks? :rolleyes:

Mike ;)

Kandyman
21st November 2006, 15:17
Nice picture, Now wheres the bacon rolls :)

GreyGhost
21st November 2006, 15:20
Nice picture, Now wheres the bacon rolls :)

Burgers chips and mugs of tea for me mate, my burger did have bacon in it though.
The car park is far to small to accommodate a club meet, we would completely swamp it and spill out all over the road.
Might be good for a mid week minor meet for say 20 cars, even so a bit tight.

Rushy Racer
21st November 2006, 15:56
If you are interested in doing a meet at the Ace plus a run to Brands Hatch with a race meeting thrown in plus a parade lap let me know as we are trying to put something together for 2007

Tony
Classic Sports Car Club www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk

Commodore
21st November 2006, 16:40
Burgers chips and mugs of tea for me mate, my burger did have bacon in it though.
Mmmmmmm - Bacon!!

The car park is far to small to accommodate a club meet, we would completely swamp it and spill out all over the road.
Might be good for a mid week minor meet for say 20 cars, even so a bit tight.
Really? Always seemed much bigger to me - I blame the motorbikes!

Still - a mini meet sounds like a great plan, I'd certainly be up for it!

Chris

GreyGhost
21st November 2006, 16:42
Mmmmmmm - Bacon!!

Chris

Excellent, let's get Christmas and New year out of the way then we can think about organising one. According to the lad that runs Rovertech the Ace management are more than welcoming of club / forum meets. I'm sure we could get 30 cars in but it would take a bit of organising. :)

Jamie
21st November 2006, 20:21
Mmmmmmm - Bacon!!

Chris

The motorbikes made the place famous.....then fifth gear went and spoiled the image with the appalling current series.....absolutely the worst motoring program on telly...... it actually put me and a buddy off of visiting the place during a Motorbike ride for Cancer research. bring back hamster, Shoot JC, tape up Vicky H B's mouth..... add a touch of tiff and we have the perfect motoring show.:rolleyes:

Jamie

GreyGhost
21st November 2006, 20:24
The motorbikes made the place famous.....then fifth gear went and spoiled the image with the appalling current series.....absolutely the worst motoring program on telly...... it actually put me and a buddy off of visiting the place during a Motorbike ride for Cancer research. bring back hamster, Shoot JC, tape up Vicky H B's mouth..... add a touch of tiff and we have the perfect motoring show.:rolleyes:

Jamie

:clap: excellent rant :clap: and so very accurate.

You'll just have turn up in a 75 and show them all a bit of class

NOCTURNAL
21st November 2006, 21:27
I just looked back over the pics of the 'Austrailian day ' meet of Monaro's and HSV's et'al , and there appears to be about 24 in the car park, but there were obviously some bikes still at one end...
I flirted with the Idea of an HSV for a day or two....:D

Nick.

Womble
22nd November 2006, 16:19
a mini meet sounds like a great plan, I'd certainly be up for it!

Oi! This is supposed to be a 75/ZT forum. Go sort out your mini meets on a mini forum!! Grr!!! :D

GreyGhost
22nd November 2006, 16:51
Oi! This is supposed to be a 75/ZT forum. Go sort out your mini meets on a mini forum!! Grr!!! :D

At least the real minis were 100% British. Apart from the designer :)
Unlike that Ford powered frog on steroids you cavort about in. :p:

Jamie
22nd November 2006, 18:59
:clap: excellent rant :clap: and so very accurate.

You'll just have turn up in a 75 and show them all a bit of class

Thank you....I do love an occasional rant....its the drugs you know

:flog: This should be the new logo for Fifth gear.

;)