PDA

View Full Version : Auto wood gearknob

radi8or
21st November 2006, 15:39
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the walnut gearknob for an auto box is readily available or will I have to keep watching e-bay for one.

Kandyman
21st November 2006, 16:30
No it's not, i have a Auto and have been watching for a while now and made a few calls and no ones has or seen one

Mike
21st November 2006, 16:36
Rocking horse droppings I'm afraid. I know of a leather and chrome auto knob if you are interested?

Kandyman
21st November 2006, 16:48
I got the leather and chrome one which is better than nothing,

radi8or
21st November 2006, 18:11
Kandyman, Mike,

Sorry for delay had to pop out, the leather and chrome one you mentioned is it the one the guy is selling on e-bay, if so, I have one, bought it a few months ago when they were selling for £15, notice their now £25+,

I didn't fit it, to be honest it just didn't look the part, thanks for the offer though.

I vaugely remember reading somewhere that a BMW one fitted the 75, but it never had the grain effect just plain polished wood, not sure what model it was.

Pete
21st November 2006, 18:21
£25 for the leather and chrome ones? I'll take mine off and sell it then, I only paid a fiver for it!

I spent quite a while looking out for a wooden one but no joy here either.

salop75
21st November 2006, 18:21
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the walnut gearknob for an auto box is readily available or will I have to keep watching e-bay for one.

You can get a BMW part that is an almost perfect match, its what i did for my auto, picked up a nice black leather and walnut gear knob for a few quid on ebay. IIRC the bmw model was E36.

Note: the bwm gear knob has a different length plastic shifter so you have to swap it over for the shifter on your old gear knob.

John

radi8or
21st November 2006, 18:33
Pete,

My £15 one must be a "rare" one, £25 are "very rare"

salop75,

Sounds worth lookig into, but with my luck one will turn up on e-bay just after i've fitted the beemer one

David3807
24th January 2007, 11:57
Wonder if anyone can help ??

Been offered one of these but not sure if it will fit. Were there several versions like the manual knob ??

What was the part number to fit a 2001 Conn SE ??

I know you can get BMW ones on E Bay for not a lot but rather like the idea of an original MGR version.

Thanks

JohnDotCom
24th January 2007, 14:34
Wonder if anyone can help ??

What was the part number to fit a 2001 Conn SE ??

Thanks
The Part Numbers were (but no longer available from XPart):

Chrome/Wood/Leather (Ash Gey)...............UCK 100270 LNF
Chrome/Wood/Leather (Aubergine).............UCK 100270 KMW
Chrome/Wood/Leather (Black)...................UCK 100270 PMA
Chrome/Wood/Leather (Deep Sea Green).....UCK 100270 HEE
Chrome/Wood/Leather (Neptune Blue)........ UCK 100270 JEX

Part Numbers altered for later years until discontinued.

welly
24th January 2007, 15:11
There is a BMW wood and leather one on Ebay at the moment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120078471638&rd=1&rd=1

Kandyman
24th January 2007, 15:11
Are they the manual knobs as i believe David has a Auto ;)

i did have the part number down somewhere but cant find it at the moment :(

David3807
24th January 2007, 15:22
John

Thanks very much for that

Whats been offered to me has the same numbers but LNF as the final part of the code.

From what you say I assume that would be for a facelift car and mines pre facelift.

Any idea what the difference was ?

Thanks again

David

JohnDotCom
24th January 2007, 15:24
John

Thanks very much for that

Whats been offered to me has the same numbers but LNF as the final part of the code.

From what you say I assume that would be for a facelift car and mines pre facelift.

Any idea what the difference was ?

Thanks again

David

So Sorry just rechecked and corrected my previous post that is the Chrome/Wood/Leather.......Ash Grey one.:)
No this isn't specifically for the facelift, that code is for your year up to 2003 but I think they fit Pre & Post facelift anyway.

David3807
24th January 2007, 15:32
So Sorry just rechecked and corrected my previous post that is the Chrome/Wood/Leather.......Ash Grey one.:)
No this isn't specifically for the facelift, that code is for your year up to 2003 but I think they fit Pre & Post facelift anyway.

Thanks a lot. Thats brightned my day :lol:

David3807
24th January 2007, 15:36
Are they the manual knobs as i believe David has a Auto ;)

i did have the part number down somewhere but cant find it at the moment :(

Thanks Kandyman. Think I've got the number now. Just off to spend money - again!

Whats it worth on E Bay ! Can I describe it as rare ? :lol:

JohnDotCom
24th January 2007, 15:37
Thanks a lot. Thats brightned my day :lol:
No Problem David go for it and Post a picture when its done.
Believe it or not the Price for them was £85 back in 2002!

David3807
24th January 2007, 16:32
No Problem David go for it and Post a picture when its done.
Believe it or not the Price for them was £85 back in 2002!

GOT IT!!!

Got to wait till Saturday when I can pick it up only about 30 miles away.

Current price about £82. Got it for a bit less as was old stock!!! Apparantly buy in price for dealer was about £55 which when you think about it is a bit steep for a piece of mock walnut (albeit good quality mock) chrome button and plastic stalk.

JohnDotCom
24th January 2007, 18:16
GOT IT!!!

Got to wait till Saturday when I can pick it up only about 30 miles away.

Current price about £82. Got it for a bit less as was old stock!!! Apparantly buy in price for dealer was about £55 which when you think about it is a bit steep for a piece of mock walnut (albeit good quality mock) chrome button and plastic stalk.
Ah its most probally the leather & stiching, they most probally used a whole Bull for it!