PDA

View Full Version : Xrons double din

steveo
24th September 2011, 19:10
Hi All

A few questions regarding the xtrons Td717g for Trebor and Graham

1/ is it normal for the sceen motor to run on for 10 seconds after the screen has closed or is the micro switch adjustable ?

2/ when a cd is inserted into the unit is it normal for the screen to stay in the horizontal position ? if a Dvd is inserted into the unit the screen retracts to the vertical position !

3/ can anyone clarify the wiring for the steering wheel controls please

4/ has anyone been able to change the logo to a Rover / Mg version

i have also discovered that if the Gps aerial is mounted on the self dimming mirror it causes the mirror to activate and turn green (normal when high beamed from behind )

thanks in anticipation

Regard
Steveo

HinckleyGraham
24th September 2011, 21:53
Hi Steveo,
1.2 or 3 secs on the unit i have.
2. Yes for the DVD,i havn't tried a cd yet but i will give it a try.
3. Steering wheel controls from my own experience appear to be hit and miss,as on the Td717G they worked first time and from memory there are two wires to connect: from the cars loom Blue/Purple should be connected to either to key 1 or key 2 wire on the xtrons unit,blue/orange wire from the cars loom to the earth/grnd on the xtrons.You will then need to go into the xtrons menu and click on the wheel icon and follow the instructions.
I have just bought a D711G and after installing today the steering controls as yet do not work,not major problem but would be nice to get them to work.
4. The xtrons unit as you probably are aware does not come with the Rover Logo so what you need to do(again from memory) is get a logo and load it onto a blank sd card with the file name ending in .hkk,there is a size limit to the image file which is listed on the xtrons site,i will try and locate it for you.
I have found the gps antenna works well for me in the front left bottom of the windscreen under the tax disc.
Hope this helps
Graham