PDA

View Full Version : Looking to get a 75/ZT-T

MoFo76
25th September 2011, 06:39
My wife and I are considering getting a ZT-T and as much as I'd like to get a V6 (my wife used to have a Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 which was great fun) I think we'd be better off with the CDTi.

What sort of mileage can we expect to get out of the engine ? I've seen adverts for cars as low as 55,000 but there are also good looking cars at 100,000 miles plus and I don't know whether to spend a little more for a lower mileage model or save by getting a higher mileage car.

The other query is whether to get a manual or an auto...yes there are a few mpg difference in the economy of the two, but is an auto any more reliable (I see the clutch is about £5-600).

Any advice would be appreciated.

Simondi
25th September 2011, 06:53
Hi and welcome to the club, have you had a look at the :smilie_re: buyers guide (http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=75282)

nick nick
25th September 2011, 07:12
My wife and I are considering getting a ZT-T and as much as I'd like to get a V6 (my wife used to have a Saab 9-5 3.0 V6 which was great fun) I think we'd be better off with the CDTi.

What sort of mileage can we expect to get out of the engine ? I've seen adverts for cars as low as 55,000 but there are also good looking cars at 100,000 miles plus and I don't know whether to spend a little more for a lower mileage model or save by getting a higher mileage car.

The other query is whether to get a manual or an auto...yes there are a few mpg difference in the economy of the two, but is an auto any more reliable (I see the clutch is about £5-600).

Any advice would be appreciated.

David personally i dont think the mileage matters on a deisel as the engines
are virtually bullet proof . As long as its got a good service history and it
comes from a reliable source.....Some members have offered their services
to view a vehicle on club members behalf which is great if a car you fancy is outside of your search area.
Try and find a good CDTI Connoisseur SE it will have all the toys

MangoMan
25th September 2011, 07:33
Sorry, I can't say much about the Diesel but I have to say that the one thing I wish my 75 had/was is an Auto. That is the one regret..... I just find the clutch operation clumsy, and they all seem the same, the one 'let-bown' in my book, and there is no getting away from it!

And as far mileage goes, whether it's a 50000 mile or a 100000 mile they are both going to be old cars. so look at the bigger picture, maintainance, general appearance, history, number of owners, etc.

Good luck, Bill.

Cheers, Bill.