PDA

View Full Version : Q for owners of any MK2 car with memory seats

Keith
21st November 2006, 16:06
I am confused just been replying to a thread on two-sixties

The MK2 came with remote boot release on the fob by holding down the button If you have memory seats then holding down the button normally operates those (at least it does on my CDT and ZTT)

You can't have both or can you?

Or were memory seats discontinued with the MK2?
Or if you do have memory seats is the function of the fob button a T4 option seats or boot opening?
Or do later keys have more buttons?
Or have I lost the plot completely?

Nick Hoare
21st November 2006, 16:27
In my manual it goes on about "Lazy Seats" and by opening the doors it operates the memory seats but I have never actualy seen the seat move after playing about with the memory buttons on the seat and then opening the doors with the key remote.

Maybe like you Kieth, I have also lost the plot :confused:

GreyGhost
21st November 2006, 16:53
In my manual it goes on about "Lazy Seats" and by opening the doors it operates the memory seats but I have never actualy seen the seat move after playing about with the memory buttons on the seat and then opening the doors with the key remote.

Everything labelled "lazy" seems to be key operated rather than fob operated. I may be barking up the wrong tree here. I have often been accused of being (East Ham)

Lovel
21st November 2006, 18:09
I am confused just been replying to a thread on two-sixties

The MK2 came with remote boot release on the fob by holding down the button If you have memory seats then holding down the button normally operates those (at least it does on my CDT and ZTT)

You can't have both or can you?

Or were memory seats discontinued with the MK2?
Or if you do have memory seats is the function of the fob button a T4 option seats or boot opening?
Or do later keys have more buttons?
Or have I lost the plot completely?

My vehicle has memory seats, activated by the switch at the side of the drivers seat only.
Depressing the button on the key fob just opens the tailgate.
The memory seats activation via the key fob is not present on mine.

Keith
21st November 2006, 18:25
Thanks Lovel thats the answer I expected but I bet it won't be the only one :) imho. I think the memory (or lazy) seat option on the fob is far more useful for multiple drivers.

Where is that John Philips and the Mathews Brothers they have has memory seats

Keith
21st November 2006, 18:30

Nick yours is a MK1 so does not count my Q is specific to the MK2 as only they had fob operated bot/tailgates :)

Seriously though put key in ignition set seat where you want it, then store in memory, ECU will match key to seat setting

get swmbo to do the same.

Move seat to some daft position, lock car, unlock by pressing and holding key, do not open door, seats should move to your keys remembered position and then go bong

I use mine at least twice a day as we take it in turns to take the little one to nursery

Alex30013k
22nd November 2006, 05:01
Nick yours is a MK1 so does not count my Q is specific to the MK2 as only they had fob operated bot/tailgates :)

Seriously though put key in ignition set seat where you want it, then store in memory, ECU will match key to seat setting

get swmbo to do the same.

Move seat to some daft position, lock car, unlock by pressing and holding key, do not open door, seats should move to your keys remembered position and then go bong

I use mine at least twice a day as we take it in turns to take the little one to nursery

Thats the same on my car, what i have learnt is that they just changed it from the lazy seats to poping the boot open,

Not sure if you can change this on t4!

The BMW MINi is the same when you hold the button the boot pops open and that has been going since 2001

JohnDotCom
22nd November 2006, 10:58
Thats the same on my car, what i have learnt is that they just changed it from the lazy seats to poping the boot open,

Not sure if you can change this on t4!

The BMW MINi is the same when you hold the button the boot pops open and that has been going since 2001
Yep Mines the same. Button Releases the TailGate and press any of the three numbered buttons on side of seat & it goes to prestored position in Memory. Would be nice to have it work on keys...Can it be done...My dealer says T4 won't do it?

anglaslt
22nd November 2006, 13:20
Thanks Lovel thats the answer I expected but I bet it won't be the only one :) imho. I think the memory (or lazy) seat option on the fob is far more useful for multiple drivers.

Where is that John Philips and the Mathews Brothers they have has memory seats

Keith,
Position on mine is that the key fob does not open the boot but it does reset the seat to memory pos 1. (not sure what it does if you set the seat more than one position though)
Geoff on two sixties said he had got a garage to reset the fob on T4 to open the boot.
Depends on personal preference, but for me I'd prefer to have boot opening if it has to be one or other.
Tom

OldMan
14th May 2012, 22:35
Hey Guys, is it possible to transplant a full leather seat set from a mk1 to a mk2?, will all the electric plugs and loom etc be there in the MK2
Cheers

Alex30013k
12th June 2012, 18:52
So can you change settings on t4 so it so it opens the boot then?

rover54
12th June 2012, 19:22
Hey Guys, is it possible to transplant a full leather seat set from a mk1 to a mk2?, will all the electric plugs and loom etc be there in the MK2
Cheers
Yes you can and probably the wiring is in place, just look inside the area where the switches go and see if you have the wiring.

Alex30013k
12th June 2012, 19:24
Oh that's just lovely miss out my question :bowdown::D

Bolin
12th June 2012, 19:47
So can you change settings on t4 so it so it opens the boot then?

Nope you need a facelift BCU too, some one on here has done it to get remote unlocking on a MK1 (would be brill with auto opening mod!). BigRuss had a go at getting mine to work, inc new ZCS codes, but it wasn't liking the replacement BCU for some reason so we had to abort:shrug:

I tried to contact the member that did it successfully but no reply yet.

Alex30013k
12th June 2012, 20:23
Ok fair enough

trebor
12th June 2012, 20:34
You can open the boot remotely with Raistlins mod , contact him on tother side for more info