PDA

View Full Version : Anybody fancy an Aubergine interior?

Bolin
25th September 2011, 20:45
There's one going in a car broken a few doors down from me, the whole lot is there, including door cards, mats, carpet, dash etc.

I had a quick look inside, there appeared to be quite a few scratches on the seat cushions, these would need some dye if obtainable, but nothing too bad, no rips or tears.

The seller had sold it for £250 but the buyer dropped out. Not sure if that included the door cards, carpet etc though.

The ebay listing for the car is here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breaking-Rover-75-2-5-v6-Grey-/130578698712?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6718d1d8

mark d3
25th September 2011, 21:40
bidding has ended just need the dash to complete mine probably a big job to remove and transplant though last one i removed was in a maestro less than strait forward

Bolin
25th September 2011, 21:49
The interior was still available as of yesterday.

Removing the dash would be a very big task. Not impossible but would take a while.

Jezzer 1
26th September 2011, 19:10
There's one going in a car broken a few doors down from me, the whole lot is there, including door cards, mats, carpet, dash etc.

I had a quick look inside, there appeared to be quite a few scratches on the seat cushions, these would need some dye if obtainable, but nothing too bad, no rips or tears.

The seller had sold it for £250 but the buyer dropped out. Not sure if that included the door cards, carpet etc though.

The ebay listing for the car is here:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Breaking-Rover-75-2-5-v6-Grey-/130578698712?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e6718d1d8

I asked how much the interior would be and the seller came back at £250 if I went down and stripped it myself. The drivers seat control is damaged and the seats are non-memory.

I asked how much for the entire car and he said £400 minus wheels and engine - as it would need to be trailered away I wasn't quite sure how I'd get it onto the trailer with no wheels :confused:.

Never actually agreed to buy anything though.

Bolin
26th September 2011, 19:18
Ah, maybe I misunderstood what he said then, I interpreted it as being sold and then falling through. I wasn't really really paying that much attention to what he said to be honest.

If those scratches could be dealt with it'd be a great interior (seller said he was going to look at the switches) as it's so rare surely somebody would want to save it?

Not sure the whole car is worth £400 though, there's no engine! He said he had three crankshafts with bearing problems, due to blocked oilways, on a KV6 - anybody else heard of this? I searched on here but couldn't find any posts about such problems.