PDA

View Full Version : Scottish All Rover Rally 2012

p5tgc
4th October 2011, 11:57
Early Warning!

The 2012 Scottish All Rover Rally will be held at The Museum of Rural Life, Wester Kittochside, East Kilbride on Saturday 26 & Sunday 27 May.

http://i1121.photobucket.com/albums/l501/p5tgc/poster12.jpg

More details will be available in January 2012, as will entry forms.

NB. The Spring Bank Holiday Monday in 2012 has been moved back one week to create a two day Bank Holiday for the Queen's Jubilee, on June 4 & 5. We are keeping to our "traditional" event timing to allow our entrants the opportunity to enjoy their local Jubilee events as well as our rally.

regards

Trevor Colebrook

derekosb
4th October 2011, 12:49
Thanks Trevor,

That will be an easy one for me as that is only 7 miles from my front door :D

(although I will feel a little odd entering my Jaguar in the All Rover Rally :o, but hey, it's been done before...)

I'll start the usual thread nearer the time (assuming I am still RS of course :o).

Cheers,

Derek

FLYER
4th October 2011, 16:56
Thanks Trevor,

(although I will feel a little odd entering my Jaguar in the All Rover Rally :o, but hey, it's been done before...)

I'll start the usual thread nearer the time (assuming I am still RS of course :o).

Cheers,

DerekAnd why wouldn't you be ?????:bowdown:

danmayberry
4th October 2011, 17:01
what happened to hopetoun house?

derekosb
4th October 2011, 17:32
And why wouldn't you be ?????:bowdown:

Thanks George, initial term is up this month so need to see if I am still "in the job" as they say? :}

Derek

Thomas
4th October 2011, 19:33
Thanks George, initial term is up this month so need to see if I am still "in the job" as they say? :}

Derek

dont be silly of course you will be !

Yella Fella
5th October 2011, 19:51

Derek

Derek, I wonder what your Report Card will say?

His time keeping could be better . . . :D

Can lose his way at sometimes . . . :D

FLYER
5th October 2011, 20:48
Derek, I wonder what your Report Card will say?

His time keeping could be better . . . :D

Can lose his was at sometimes . . . :D

and keeps coming in the wrong car :D:D

Yella Fella
8th October 2011, 16:23
I hate to sound like a meanie, but why is SARR so expensive (£10 per car) in comparison to other car shows/events which cost around £3 or free in some cases? Anyone know? :shrug:

Jim Jamieson
8th October 2011, 17:54
The cost of shows crop up quite regularly now.

My opinion is, that you have to look at the fact that this show is for Rovers only and does not have any sponsors, or as far as I am aware whereas other larger shows do have sponsors to cover costs.
Also as with most shows you get a small attendance plaque but with the SARR you get a crafted brass effect one which is far superior.

I for one do object to charges made to entrants attending shows as without them there is no show but I feel in this case it's different.

JYJ

danmayberry
8th October 2011, 20:45
i too don't mind the fee as its a good day and well organised,long may it continue,cheers-dan
(me last year): http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t273/danmayberry/4654136546_b204e37e1b_b.jpg

FrazzleTC
8th October 2011, 23:36
I certainly hope to have at least one car at this, if not both the P6 and the 75. It depends if I can get Dad to bring one of them along for me. :D It was certainly a good event this year, with some fantastic cars present!

lady zed
11th October 2011, 09:19

Derek

Just hurry up and get Loch Lomond organised ;);):D

Halcyon
11th October 2011, 20:29
Hi, Trevor

Reckon Ruth and I will be there - we'll take the P5B 'cause I get to drive the 75 every day and it'll be nice to give the older car a good run. (Incidentally, I don't think £10 per car is too much - as has been said, there's no sponsorship and the organising club - be it the 75/ZT club or the P5/P5B club or whoever - needs to cover costs. They're our clubs and we need to keep them on a sound financial footing. I usually spend more than a tenner every time I go next door into the pub...hic...)

All the best
Steve:}

Yella Fella
13th October 2011, 07:27
The cost of shows crop up quite regularly now.

My opinion is, that you have to look at the fact that this show is for Rovers only and does not have any sponsors, or as far as I am aware whereas other larger shows do have sponsors to cover costs.
Also as with most shows you get a small attendance plaque but with the SARR you get a crafted brass effect one which is far superior.

I for one do object to charges made to entrants attending shows as without them there is no show but I feel in this case it's different.

JYJ

Thank Jim. I see what you mean about no sponsors. The main reason for asking about the fee is that Im a member of another forum for MGF and MGTF's in Scotland and I think they woulld like to attend SARR also, however I'd need to put it to them first and would like to have an answer for them when it comes to entry fees questions etc.

Also, I'd need to ask SARR if the MGF and TF group could attend. Does anyone know who the contact is at SARR?

Tim_Burgess
13th October 2011, 16:33
Thanks Trevor,

Cheers,

Derek

I don't think there's much doubt you'll be RS Derek. If my plans pan out I may have something appropriate you could "borrow" for the day.

derekosb
13th October 2011, 16:54
Also, I'd need to ask SARR if the MGF and TF group could attend. Does anyone know who the contact is at SARR?

Hi Glenn,

The OP is Trevor Colebrook. He is one the SARR Committee and would be a good place to start.

HTH

Derek

derekosb
13th October 2011, 16:55
I don't think there's much doubt you'll be RS Derek. If my plans pan out I may have something appropriate you could "borrow" for the day.

Thanks Tim, and I'm all ears :}

Derek

derekosb
13th October 2011, 16:56
Just hurry up and get Loch Lomond organised ;);):D

Hi Anna,

Apologies. :o

I will start a thread very shortly, but it will be Sunday 20th November as that is the Xmas light switch on day this year.

Derek

Tim_Burgess
14th October 2011, 11:45
Thanks Tim, and I'm all ears :}

Derek

Not saying too much ATM, as I've missed out a couple of times;)