PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer & Sat Nav Location

Greeners
10th September 2007, 08:21
I'm about to undertake the job of installing a complete Sat Nav/ TV installation, but it appears that the Sat Nav sits in the boot in the same location as the CD changer.

I don't really want to put it back in the glove box, but is there anywhere else it can go.

I have seen them in the spare wheel well but it's a bit of a pain to cahnge CD's.

Is it possible to move either the changer or sat nav down the bracket in the boot to fit the other in?

JohnDotCom
10th September 2007, 08:25
I'm not sure if you can do the same as on my Tourer.
The left hand side compartment for CD Player in Tailgate area and the Sat Nav Computer and HK amp in the right side compartment.
I know these were not fitted (the covered compartments) on all Tourers but is there similar space in the saloon?

Also have a look at Keith's Excellent How To:
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2892&highlight=Sat+Nav+location

Greeners
13th September 2007, 13:56
I've started putting this altogether.........

I still need to ascertain if the CD changer has to go in the glove box or can the SatNav ECU go somewhere else?

I don't have the luxury of all the space that the tourer has so if you have a saloon with Hi Line and CD changer, can you let me know where it's fitted please.

Thanks

Mike
13th September 2007, 14:25
I don't have the luxury of all the space that the tourer has so if you have a saloon with Hi Line and CD changer..........Thanks

Glovebox was the standard changer location for a saloon with Hi Line.

hth

Mike

JohnDotCom
13th September 2007, 14:29
Keith moved his to his Boot, I will see if I can find thread about it.
But I think that was using spare Wheel Well.

Greeners
13th September 2007, 14:37
Glovebox was the standard changer location for a saloon with Hi Line.

hth

Mike

Yes & no

Yes - thank you for the answer
no - not the answer I wanted........;)

Cheers

Greeners
13th September 2007, 14:40
Keith moved his to his Boot, I will see if I can find thread about it.
But I think that was using spare Wheel Well.

John

I've printed Keiths thread out (and very useful it is too).

As Mike has pointed out the CD changer should live in the glove box.....

In that case, why is the btacket so substantial in the boot with lots of other mounting points on it.Other then the Nav computer, CD changer and PDC, was anything else destined to be bolted to it ?

MN190
13th September 2007, 14:52
I've started putting this altogether.........

I still need to ascertain if the CD changer has to go in the glove box or can the SatNav ECU go somewhere else?

I don't have the luxury of all the space that the tourer has so if you have a saloon with Hi Line and CD changer, can you let me know where it's fitted please.

Thanks

Like you I have the saloon with the sat nav in boot.
CD changer is in the glove box.
I know it isn't a CD changer but I used the brackets to mount A DVD player in the boot. It did mean cutting a hole in the boot liner !!.

Keith
13th September 2007, 15:33
I put the changer in the wheel well because it wasn't a wheel well (well half a one) remember there was a V8 thing under the bonnet ;)

Standard place for non Nav V8 is to mount the changer under the parcel shelf using knurled release screws so you can temporarily shift it if you need the full boot height

The Nav bracket is designed to take the Nav comp and the HK amp I would keep the nav comp there as there is a lot of cabling to alter otherwise

You might be able to revise or remake the bracket and mount the changer below the Nav Comp.

Greeners
13th September 2007, 16:38
I put the changer in the wheel well because it wasn't a wheel well (well half a one) remember there was a V8 thing under the bonnet ;)

Standard place for non Nav V8 is to mount the changer under the parcel shelf using knurled release screws so you can temporarily shift it if you need the full boot height

The Nav bracket is designed to take the Nav comp and the HK amp I would keep the nav comp there as there is a lot of cabling to alter otherwise

You might be able to revise or remake the bracket and mount the changer below the Nav Comp.

Keith...thanks for that............The Nav Comp would have to go below the changer due to depth.......but I like the sound of hanging in on the underside of the parcel shelf...
Don't suppose anyone with a V8 saloon could take a photo for reference...?