PDA

View Full Version : How many Union Jacks?

Zeb
21st November 2006, 19:37
Ok, so how many Union Jacks have you got on yours? And would it be ok to add some more to my facelift model?

tourerfogey
21st November 2006, 19:38
One on each number plate, the one on the boot and one on each side pillar so that makes........um......5

Zeb
21st November 2006, 19:39
One on each number plate, the one on the boot and one on each side pillar so that makes........um......5

I had not thought about number plates :drool4:

Simon
21st November 2006, 19:41
I've got a loney one. :(

Need more.

Think I need number plate ones. Want private number plate. That'd be cool.

Think possibly Union Flags on the C-Pillars too.... :rolleyes:

Zeb
21st November 2006, 19:42
I've got a loney one. :(

Need more.

Think I need number plate ones. Want private number plate. That'd be cool.

Think possibly Union Flags on the C-Pillars too.... :rolleyes:

I thought about two opposing ones on the bonnet near the leading edge?

GreyGhost
21st November 2006, 19:43
Boot along with chequered flag, 2 on the C pillars. That makes er.... um.... err..... 3

Simon
21st November 2006, 19:46
I thought about two opposing ones on the bonnet near the leading edge?

Not sure quite where you mean. Are you talking about directly on the top of the bonnet panel, at the front?

Why two? As in, one either side of the car or just one central one above the Rover/MG badge on the grille? :confused:

JP53
21st November 2006, 19:47
Ok, so how many Union Jacks have you got on yours? And would it be ok to add some more to my facelift model?

One on each side of the c posts and 80 in the glove box (club flyers).

Zeb
21st November 2006, 19:49
Not sure quite where you mean. Are you talking about directly on the top of the bonnet panel, at the front?

Why two? As in, one either side of the car or just one central one above the Rover/MG badge on the grille? :confused:

Two so that they match! (See thread on head rests) Obviously I would have to have one flying t'other way....

Yes on top of the bonnet panel.

Simon
21st November 2006, 19:54
Two so that they match! (See thread on head rests) Obviously I would have to have one flying t'other way....

Yes on top of the bonnet panel.

Ah yes... All is clear now :lol:

Of course, symetery is all important. Even to the point of me aiming to find a 'symetrical' number plate - i.e. one that has letters/numbers that look like they could be read forwards or backwards. I doubt I'll find one though. Will probably have to stick with something like M6 MGR :D :cool:

Zeb
21st November 2006, 19:56
Ah yes... All is clear now :lol:

Of course, symetery is all important. Even to the point of me aiming to find a 'symetrical' number plate - i.e. one that has letters/numbers that look like they could be read forwards or backwards. I doubt I'll find one though. Will probably have to stick with something like M6 MGR :D :cool:

I like that idea! A palindromic number plate...with Union Jacks....

Here is a full sentence palindrome.....I have not the energy to convert it to Rover...

' A Toyota! Race fast, safe car. A Toyota.'

Commodore
21st November 2006, 20:53
One on the boot, one on each of the rear side posts = 3 in total.

Thought about putting one on each of the front wings below the side indicator lights, but thought better of it. Have decided to put V6 logos there instead, assuming I put anything at all there.

Chris

tourerfogey
21st November 2006, 22:05
Thought about putting one on each of the front wings below the side indicator lights, but thought better of it. Have decided to put V6 logos there instead, assuming I put anything at all there.[/B]

Chris

Rover shields look good below the side flashers.

Commodore
21st November 2006, 23:04
Oooh - now there's an idea!

JP53
22nd November 2006, 06:54

They are not on the rear panel on face lift models :( I think they look good there.

rdholmes
22nd November 2006, 08:34
I have the pre face lift model (04 plate) and have just the one Union Jack on the boot.

BUT I have a cross of St George and the three lions on my number plate.

I know its probably not allowed and some eager young policeman will verbally beat me up but ... it does look good.:drool4:

Zeb
22nd November 2006, 15:44
One on the boot, one on each of the rear side posts = 3 in total.

Thought about putting one on each of the front wings below the side indicator lights, but thought better of it. Have decided to put V6 logos there instead, assuming I put anything at all there.

Chris

I quite like that idea as I have two spares I bought on fleabay for £4.00....:D

Nick Hoare
22nd November 2006, 16:16
Only got my two original ones (Flags that is) on the rear posts.

Zeb
22nd November 2006, 16:18
Only got my two original ones (Flags that is) on the rear posts.

Hey, you have my wheels! (I have three spares too....)

Rich
25th November 2006, 05:41

I've not got a single one on my car :(

aries9456
25th November 2006, 22:38

On my 2005 tourer , i added one centrally on the chrome tailgate plinth just under the '75' badge , and another on the dashboard to cover up the word 'airbag' .

Alex30013k
26th November 2006, 13:29
You could have one in the same place as the "V6"

http://gallery.mg-rover.org/data/510/medium/4843050205_120659.jpg

Z135T
26th November 2006, 16:57
bearing in mind the Jock's or so as not to upset them the Scots wish to depart from the Union maybe the union Jack will be an inappropriate flag to have on the cars as it will change.

Zeb
26th November 2006, 19:48
bearing in mind the Jock's or so as not to upset them the Scots wish to depart from the Union maybe the union Jack will be an inappropriate flag to have on the cars as it will change.

So? It won't change the fact that when it was made, it was made in the UK.