PDA

View Full Version : What the Heck....cant identify my ZT-T

Jamie
21st November 2006, 20:11
folks.....having had a read of the MG pricing brochure for my 54 plate ZTT ....I cant make out exactly what model it is......is it a + or an SE?

you may remember it was a build commisioned for Thomas John Tweedy, head of product development at MGR longbridge before falling into my welcoming hands.

it has Full leather, Xenon, Cruise, automatic rear veiw mirror, heated washer jets, reversing sensors, trip computer, and a full size spare....but no sat nav.

Any ideas on this as it seems to drop between the two afformentioned models and leather isnt an option in the 04 brochure?:confused:

JP53
21st November 2006, 20:18
folks.....having had a read of the MG pricing brochure for my 54 plate ZTT ....I cant make out exactly what model it is......is it a + or an SE?

you may remember it was a build commisioned for Thomas John Tweedy, head of product development at MGR longbridge before falling into my welcoming hands.

it has Full leather, Xenon, Cruise, automatic rear veiw mirror, heated washer jets, reversing sensors, trip computer, and a full size spare....but no sat nav.

Any ideas on this as it seems to drop between the two afformentioned models and leather isnt an option in the 04 brochure?:confused:

It sounds like a plus with optional extras. A very interesting car too :)

Simon
21st November 2006, 20:36
Something similar with my car too. Original owner was a someone directly linked to MG-Rover Group. Car is spec'd with Plus options but then has leather which (I was told by dealer) was specified by the original owner and is not a standard Plus option. Unfortunately I got little else in the way of toys. No cruise, Harmony audio and Projectors headlamps.

Still... this means there is more I can add to the car which means I get to play DIY a few more times yet! :lol:

colinjyates
21st November 2006, 21:20

Hi Biker,

My ZT-T is also ex MGR management and has all of that spec plus Sat nav,powerfolds and sunroof - I think the only extra missing is traction. These MGR owned vehicles appaer to be very well kitted out! hence my description as an SE+!

Womble
22nd November 2006, 09:25
Mine is a base model, according to the paperwork. It's not an SE. It's not even a +

It does have:

Monogram paint
Monogram interior (half leather, half green Alcantara)
Heated, electric memory seats
Auto-dipping mirror
Xenons
Sat Nav
HK upgrade
Electric sunroof
Dual zone climate control

The only option I can find that it doesn't have (being a Mk1, so no traction or Trafficmaster available anyway) is the powerfolding mirror.

As far as I can see, any cars originally put together for named individuals at MGR (mine was done for Rob Oldaker) as opposed to simply pre-registered with MGR as the first owner but intending them to be sold on are just listed as a base model with everything else considered options?

It certainly seems to make my insurance a bit cheaper! :D

Keith
22nd November 2006, 09:42
Mines a Blue one :D

Keith
22nd November 2006, 09:50
And a Black one :D:D

I thought the SE had full leather but Monogram Alcantara was still an option

My MK1 ZTT is a + with knobs on, but my MK2 V8 is a base spec like Wombles if you go by the VIN code but it too has knobs on, just not as many as my ZTT :(

Jamie
22nd November 2006, 19:09
And a Black one :D:D

I thought the SE had full leather but Monogram Alcantara was still an option

My MK1 ZTT is a + with knobs on, but my MK2 V8 is a base spec like Wombles if you go by the VIN code but it too has knobs on, just not as many as my ZTT :(

SE full leather? is that in one of the brochures? I have looked in the 04 brochure and again in the later (last) brochure and it doesnt seem to fit with anything.....that could explain why FORDs of winsford advertised it as a standard ZT-T......maybe its like some of the others on here who cars were built for Staff.....maybe it was some way of getting the best car without a tax penalty? or fooling the accountants?

What are all the knobs for keith? or are you refering to pedestrians who have stepped foolishly into your path?? :D

Jamie
22nd November 2006, 19:15
[QUOTE=Womble;8968]
As far as I can see, any cars originally put together for named individuals at MGR (mine was done for Rob Oldaker) as opposed to simply pre-registered with MGR as the first owner but intending them to be sold on are just listed as a base model with everything else considered options?

/QUOTE]

Have managed to find out what rob did at MGR?

I took a deep breath and wrote to Mr Tweedy......a month later he replied....very politely and gave me a rundown of his & the Cars history....so I kept the letter to put with the ZT's history. He worked as head of new product dedevelpment and laterly worked on expanding the market in the far east....he also knew our fellow member Rincewind.

Apparently he no longer lives in the UK and works oversea....I couldnt help wondering as he was laterly working in the far east....that he may actually be working for one of the Chinese firms? pure speculation....but ......I wonder

Jamie

Rincewind
23rd November 2006, 09:00
Biker in a suit;9115
Have managed to find out what rob did at MGR?

I took a deep breath and wrote to Mr Tweedy......a month later he replied....very politely and gave me a rundown of his & the Cars history....so I kept the letter to put with the ZT's history. He worked as head of new product dedevelpment and laterly worked on expanding the market in the far east....he also knew our fellow member Rincewind.

Apparently he no longer lives in the UK and works oversea....I couldnt help wondering as he was laterly working in the far east....that he may actually be working for one of the Chinese firms? pure speculation....but ......I wonder

Jamie

Firstly, Rob Oldaker was our Product Development Director and responsible for the roll outs of all of the MGR projects from TF right through to the big V8's. Great guy and like working for and with him on things.

As for John Tweedy, he live out in Japan as he married a lovely Japanese lady years ago and speak Japanese rather well much to the shock of the Japanese engineers all those years ago when Rover Group was tied up with Honda and the Japanese engineers would chat away in meetings and then John would chip in and shock them all being fluent in der lingo!

Great chap and we worked fairly closely on the reintorductino of MGR products into Japan (as I was looking after the Japanese homologation of our 75/ZT and TF products).

Nic

Jamie
24th November 2006, 16:34
Firstly, Rob Oldaker was our Product Development Director and responsible for the roll outs of all of the MGR projects from TF right through to the big V8's. Great guy and like working for and with him on things.

As for John Tweedy, he live out in Japan as he married a lovely Japanese lady years ago and speak Japanese rather well much to the shock of the Japanese engineers all those years ago when Rover Group was tied up with Honda and the Japanese engineers would chat away in meetings and then John would chip in and shock them all being fluent in der lingo!

Great chap and we worked fairly closely on the reintorductino of MGR products into Japan (as I was looking after the Japanese homologation of our 75/ZT and TF products).

Nic

Hey Nic....how things? I have just looked at the VCA website and the penny has dropped 'so to speak'. (previous conversations many moons ago)

Do you still stay in touch with John? seems like our two Cars mentioned above belonged to two MGR folks who worked together?

Jamie