PDA

View Full Version : D.D.

lathbury
15th October 2011, 13:34
Hi All, I have the D.D. from Sean fitted and the satnav works fine courtesy of Tony Fry. The t.v.worked for a while but now seems to be dead, when I use the remote to change to aux all I get is a blue screen with the time showing in the top right corner. The teardrop sensor is not lit either red or green, can anyone tell me what to check please?. Thanks. John.

HarryM1BYT
15th October 2011, 13:55
My guess would be that it has no power to the TV unit or it has blown an internal fuse.

VVC-Geeza
15th October 2011, 13:55
Have you done a retune since the digital switchover?

lathbury
15th October 2011, 14:03
Thanks Fellas, I will check the fuse tomorrow and I have not done a retune yet. John.

HarryM1BYT
15th October 2011, 14:18
I've just thought of another possibility...

If the IR sensor became unplugged or its cable damaged, it would not light up and nor would you be able to turn it on via the remote controls. My first guess remains the more likely - you may need a meter to check for 12v at the input and check a fuse itf it has one.

lathbury
15th October 2011, 15:44
I have checked the wiring and found an inline micro fuse which has blown, could this be the problem or is the fuse for something else?. John.

HarryM1BYT
15th October 2011, 17:12
Is the fuse in the line which feeds the TV?

Is there a current value marked on it?

lathbury
15th October 2011, 22:04
Harry, It is 2.5. amps.

HarryM1BYT
15th October 2011, 22:07
Harry, It is 2.5. amps.

Try fitting a replacement - it is about the right range of current for the tv. If it blows again, you need to work out why it is blowing.

Tinyflier
15th October 2011, 23:10
Woah... BIZARRE!!!!

My TV stopped working too - well it is nearly Halloween...guess the Poltergeists are out early!

I took the AirCon panel out and can see the TV Box (this is the one with the Red/Yellow/White leads - tes?) and there is no green light showing on the box.

I have no idea how to check the wiring (Tony Fry had kindly fitted this for me). Is the fuse in line with the TV box?

David

HarryM1BYT
16th October 2011, 09:00
Woah... BIZARRE!!!!

My TV stopped working too - well it is nearly Halloween...guess the Poltergeists are out early!

I took the AirCon panel out and can see the TV Box (this is the one with the Red/Yellow/White leads - tes?) and there is no green light showing on the box.

I have no idea how to check the wiring (Tony Fry had kindly fitted this for me). Is the fuse in line with the TV box?

David

I think the style of TV box installed will probably vary, but generally..

It will be a small metal box obviously not original Rover installed and located behind the DD. I don't think there will be any other loose boxes in behind the DD. If one of the wires has an inline fuse in it, then worth checking the fuse.

I installed my TV unit in the same location as the original Hi-line TV was fitted and bought Sean's a twin antenna type - so likely my unit is different to yours.

If these things are popping fuses, then a cause needs to be found.

lathbury
23rd October 2011, 11:59
Thanks everyone for the input. I could not get the 2.5volt 20mm fuses anywhere so I have bought some from China which will be here this week, will let you know how I get on. John.

Mikejr
22nd November 2011, 13:53
Thanks everyone for the input. I could not get the 2.5volt 20mm fuses anywhere so I have bought some from China which will be here this week, will let you know how I get on. John.

Hi John, did you manage to fix the problem?

lathbury
23rd November 2011, 13:22
Hi Mike, I changed the fuse but no joy. I should have removed the d/d but I was expecting my new TMC model. Big Russ is installing it so I was going to leave it to him as he knows all about these units. I have just had a p.m. from Sean saying my unit will not be shipping to U.K. until next week so I will remove the d/d at the weekend to see if I have dislodged anything. I will keep you posted. Regards. John.