PDA

View Full Version : Mud Flap Madness!

colinjyates
21st November 2006, 20:12
Just noticed there has been a glut of over priced mud flaps on Ebay recently...

Are these still availible from Xpart?

Commodore
21st November 2006, 20:55
I thought that there were supply problems for the facelift rear mudflaps, but Mk1 front and rear are in good supply?

Chris

colinjyates
21st November 2006, 21:16
Didn't realise they were different for the facelift models..

Commodore
21st November 2006, 21:19
Oh yes - different shape bumbers on the facelift models.

Chris

dustybin
21st November 2006, 21:21
i thought they were only different on the tourer???

ANDY 545
22nd November 2006, 08:28
Just noticed there has been a glut of over priced mud flaps on Ebay recently...

Are these still availible from Xpart?
Hi colinjyates
When I was looking for mud flaps for my 75 mk1 first of all I looked on ebay but couldnt get over how much people were paying. So I rang Luffields in Loughborough an ex MGRover dealer and all four were £49.89 inc vat six months back, give them a ring I think they are now a Citroen dealer.

Commodore
22nd November 2006, 08:42
Like I said, there is no apparent shortage of either front or rear flaps for the Mk1. The facelift is a different matter however.

I bought front and rear flaps for my Mk1 at the end of September from my local Xpart affiliate for about £55 for the lot.

Those of you with facelift models struggling to get flaps might have to consider getting Mk1 flaps and doing some trimming.

Keith
22nd November 2006, 09:55
Although I have 5 pairs of mud flaps :rolleyes:

I am not sure they are that good, I am forever grounding the ones on my ZTT and yesterday whilst getting airborne crossing a bridge over a local Canal I even managed to scrape them when rejoining the earth.

I might look at some third part options for the back pair I need on the MK2

anglaslt
22nd November 2006, 10:08
Although I have 5 pairs of mud flaps :rolleyes:

I am not sure they are that good, I am forever grounding the ones on my ZTT and yesterday whilst getting airborne crossing a bridge over a local Canal I even managed to scrape them when rejoining the earth.

I might look at some third part options for the back pair I need on the MK2

Hi Keith,
Your neighbour with the red V8 has been looking for some time for MkII rear mud flaps. He's fitted front ones (I think MkI are OK for the front) but has even asked me check out here for MkII rears as they are so hard to come by.
If you find a solution I'm sure he'd be interested.
Tom

Keith
22nd November 2006, 10:25
Hi Tom well one solution is to fit a MK1 front and rear bumper :)

Whilst you are on have a read of this please, you may have noticed the related thread on two-sixties.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=939

anglaslt
22nd November 2006, 10:34
Hi Tom well one solution is to fit a MK1 front and rear bumper :)

Whilst you are on have a read of this please, you may have noticed the related thread on two-sixties.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=939

I joined in the debate on two-sixties. I'll have to pick it up again to see what more can be done.

Mel75
22nd November 2006, 17:18
I have tried all over for facelift rear mudflaps Rimmers and Xpart dont expect any more to be made, have made phone calls to most X MG/Rover dealers in the UK no one has any, plenty of MK1s though, my local Rover garage used to trim MK1s down until one of their staff put a stanly knife into his hand and had to be taken to hospital, so they dont recommend it (makes me feel weak thinking about it).

Mel75

MartinW
22nd November 2006, 18:12
Keith, despite catching every bump in Chester and elsewhere, my flaps have stayed firmly put and show no sign of damage or wanting to fall off! It's the lower suspension compared to the 75 that does it, I am told.
Best value aftermarket item I bought - I did order with flaps but was told by the dealer they don't have MG ZT flaps, so got an upgrade the MG carpets.
A week later I bought the 75 sets and fitted them within an hour or less. Having the Anthracite, I also saved on not having to get them sprayed!

Time Searcher
22nd November 2006, 19:12
Morrisons in Stirling (were MGR but now Fiat) obtained a set of Front & Rear Mudflaps at a couple of days notice for my Facelift ZTT. Extremely knowlegable Stores chap, give them a phonecall, number and email details available on the Website -> Dealers drop down.
Hope this Helps,
Martin