PDA

View Full Version : 2001 KV6 ZT - Air filter

Simon
21st November 2006, 20:50
Okay. The air filter in my 2001 ZT160 is clean and all (pink and yellow coloured, if I remember).

Xpart sell a new filter (part number XPT000186PXP) but it appears it's for the desiel engines only, is this correct?

Do Xpart sell one for the KV6. I was wondering if fitting a better filter I could improve my engine (even if it is just a very slight improvement). If they don't - does anyone else make a direct-fit alternative?

Whilst we're on the subject of improving engines. Would fitting the throttle body from a ZT190 help improve engine response. IIRC the trottle body on a 190 is a larger diamter than that on the 160.

Anyone know of any other smaller mods to improve the 160 KV6 engine? (perferably ones that don't cost me anything! :rofl: ;) )

Simon
22nd November 2006, 23:12
Bump...

Anyone any toughts? Information on the air filter in particular would be much appreciated :lol:

GreyGhost
22nd November 2006, 23:24
Bump...

Anyone any toughts? Information on the air filter in particular would be much appreciated :lol:

Hi Simon

I looked into this for my 180 a year or so ago and came up with this.
ITG Panel Filter WB-467 242x227 £ 30.00 I was going to measure the existing filter and purchase one of these if they were the same. I believe that if given the correct measurements the will make one up for.
I never got around to it and have since just replaced with OEM filter.

Simon
22nd November 2006, 23:28
Thanks GG.

I too will get round to measuring mine. I think putting a more 'breathable' filter in should help the engine slightly.

Would you know about the throttle body question? In reality, this is probably not something that's urgent (nor, at the moment, financially feasable) but if I knew it could be done then it's one to keep for a future mod.